Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58347 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle~A routine Ambush]
« Reply #195 on: February 26, 2015, 03:36:43 pm »

((I'm not sure if I should post my actions or wait until my turn, but I'm posting anyway just in case))

Tadhg spits at the dog and looks to the elven thug next to him, a mad fire burning in his eyes. "That'll be you in a minute, pig-ears!" He says, before swinging at the foe with a guttural roar.

Attack Thug 2
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 26, 2015, 03:39:44 pm »

((just go all at once, It's much easier for me that way. Just make sure to put some if/and/then actions if you think things will shift around before your turn comes around.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 26, 2015, 03:46:05 pm »

Growling with battle hunger, Sarco swung his maul around and down in an arc at the greased up thug that way laying at his feat, on the upswing he reversed the momentum suddenly and brought the hammer back down at the elf!

Attack Thug one with Maul!
Action surge! (Unless the first attack somehow takes out the thug)
Attack Thug one with Maul! (Unless the first attack somehow takes out the thug)
If ether attack lowers the thug to zero hp, don't be lethal.

If the thug is knocked out or dead, move up to the bandit leader.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2015, 03:48:24 pm »

Aldeth continues to pull back, firing off another Eldritch Blast at the same thug.

25 feet west, 5 feet southwest, Eldritch Blast on Thug 2.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2015, 05:06:11 pm »

IF Risey is still in range, THEN: Grease centered on Risey, with the farthest point of the AoE on the far side of her relative to Samara. Burn Portent: 2 as Risey's Dex roll to avoid falling prone.

Shaking off her injury, Samara focuses in on her fleeing target. It wouldn't do to let lowborn scum like this escape that which was due them. In her mind's eye she recalled one of her visions from the night before, the image of a wounded rabbit thrashing in fields of ripe rye moments before being snatched up by a hawk. 'Thought for the day: A coward must inevitably meet the fate they flee.'

"Scatter my foes to be trampled,"
she mutters, crushing a scrap of pork in her fist.

OR, IF the above is not true, THEN: Fire Bolt Commoner 1. No fancy crap for mooks.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2015, 05:43:02 pm »

Kawtari was silent as she rounded the tree and loosed her hammer at the enemy.
F1, meteor commoner 1
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 27, 2015, 10:26:09 am »

Tadhg maul blurs toward the thug like a thunderbolt from the Gods, streaking down and making a large rent in the earth from the force of the blow...unfortunately, the Elf Warrior moved slightly to the left, proving that force without direction is not all that useful...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Samara realizes she has only one more chance to catch the slippery traitor 'Risey'-she sprints to the North, and just manages to get her enemy in range of a grease spell before she vanishes entirely...as her vision predicted, 'Risey' goes down in a sprawl, staring senselessly up at the sky as her crow flies over the scene...

The pair suddenly lose their balance-slipping, sliding and tumbling to the hard ground in a distinctly comedic fashion.

Akira, will not be defeated by a tree! Doggedly, she takes a running leap and manges to climb 12 ft high, into the trees scrubby, low branches. Red and gold autumn leaves brush her skin. She does have a bit of cover here.

Sarco redoubles his efforts, executing a pair of brutally swift strikes at the thug in front of him-both connect with crushing, impossible force-Sarco shatters the mans left knee, and as he falls, his deep forest green eyes show no final defiance or true fear-only the glaze of pain that has removed all conscious thought.

Sarco spares him the finishing blow, holding back his killing instincts for that one vital moment where everything is a red haze and your whole body screams at you to kill, kill, kill...he feels the Wisps may be batting these thoughts at his mind (weak, for now) angry and disappointed that he spared someone.

He finishes by pushing past the fallen warrior and trudging toward the Elven Noble who started all of this. He can see the enemy begin to waver at the imposing sight of him, though they do not yet break.

Elven Thug Neutralized!

Aldeth is in a bit of same situation as before-the enemy she targeted has been felled like a young tree, and the other thug is prone, low in the scrub, hard to reach. She senses that her Hex spell is also in the air, a cloud of bad luck flying around just waiting for her to target...he flies it toward the second thug, repeating his motions as before. And like before, the results are similar...

In a totally unfortunate circumstance of pure fate a hundred miles away, an elderly Elven Matron over nine thousand hundred years old clutches her forehead, asks for her centuries gone husband, and dies painlessly in her bed with a smile.

Risey slowly crawls to the edge of the grease spell, and rises to her feet. She seems to be a bit woozy, but will start running again next turn...

Kawtari, meanwhile, dashes behind the trees-flanking her enemies, she grips the meteor hammer in two hands and swings it round and round, catching the commoner in the side. The hammer shot goes straight through his thin padded armor, and Kaw hears the snapping of ribs and the puncturing of organs beneath. He falls with a shriek, mortally wounded and dying.

Elven Commoner Neutralized, Dying

The Assassins are shaken, but holding-barely. It's clear Wild Elves don't surrender easily.

"Keep him away!" The Noble cries, whipping out his slim curved blade and slashing it at Sarco-again, many ranged attacks pelt toward him-he manages to dodge the poorly aimed sword strike, but two arrows slam into him from either side, piercing his armor and sticking in his scales like annoying thorns. They don't do much harm, but they are very ANNOYING. He's starting to feel all his little injuries, add up to that one big injury...

Sarco -3hp

Thug 2 is still on his feet, calling in Elven for his brothers to keep fighting, not for the fat noble but for the honor of the lost, for their burning homelands...he's raving and maddened, and strikes out at Tadhg like a wild animal. Despite this, he only manages to mark the young barbarian once-a fair hit, but it almost glances off his skin. In his battle range, Tadhg thinks he was poked by a tree branch.

Tadhg -1hp

Player turn!

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:04:42 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 27, 2015, 10:31:16 am »

((How far can I jump?))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2015, 10:39:56 am »

((How far can I jump?))

((Your long jump is an amount of feed equal to your STR score, halved if you don't get some sort of running start. So 6 ft for you. You can reach Thug2.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2015, 10:44:02 am »

Pounce thug two. *sigh*

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2015, 11:01:41 am »

Sarco stalked forward towards the man who looked like the leader of the bandits. The rage of battle and the wisps battering at his mind washing away the thoughts of pain, he gathered his breath before bringing the maul towards the bandit leader in a great arc!

Use Second wind!
Attack Bandit Noble with Maul!
If the attack lowers the bandit leader to zero hp, don't be lethal.
If both of the bandits I am adjacent too are taken out by the end of my turn, move next to whatever elf remains up.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2015, 11:48:36 am »

Not deterred by the wound,  Tadhg continues his assault on the assassin. With a heavy swipe along the ground he attempts to knock the elf off his feet.

Attempt to knock Thug 2 prone!

((That's under "shoving a creature" in the combat chapter.
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2015, 01:25:14 pm »

Move as far towards Risey as possible before zapping her with the wand.

Samara continues to advance on the traitor, filling her hand with her new toy. She raises it imperiously, eyes glinting.

"Now burn for me."

3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2015, 01:58:51 pm »

Picture one Samara.

A tableau of an Elf trudging tirelessly toward the traitor, her face telling a terminal determination to terminate this terrible turncoat.

{"I sense you're taking all this rather personally, dear heart. You know, I'm as much a victim in this as you are!"} Risey says over the din of combat, smiling.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 27, 2015, 02:56:02 pm »

"Oh, no, my dear. I have simply made a habit of killing those who attempt to plant daggers in my back; for some peculiar reason it seems to result in very few indeed doing it again. Nothing personal," Samara sneers.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 58