Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58335 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle~A routine job]
« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2015, 04:58:17 pm »

There was nothing here. I totally didn't post in the wrong thread.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2015, 06:45:07 pm »

"I'll take the key and the bag."
Aldeth pulls out her coin purse and counts out 250 gp.
Edit: After recieving her items, she goes and finds a cheap, but decent place to sleep.
[Ready for time skip]
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:38:34 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2015, 06:46:43 pm »

Risey makes a certain sort of smile. She's a passing fair lass, to be sure. Deep green eyes with a bit of sparkle, and rich, dark brown hair all the way down to her lower back.

"Normal price would be 33 gold per. You can have the hero price-just the cost of materials, 20 gold each. It's not like I'd turn you down, if you couldn't afford it." She puts her soft hand on Tadhg's shoulder in a certain way.

Well, this night might turn out interesting.

Tadhg meets her look with a confident smile and calls for the tavernkeeper to order in more drink. He wasn't very hard to seduce.
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2015, 11:21:59 pm »

Samara sits deep in thought at her table, the smouldering ashes of her ritual scenting the air around her. Eventually, she rents a room and goes to bed.

Timeskip ready, Cap'n.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2015, 09:53:26 am »

The next morning...

Samara Portent Rolls: 2, 18~can still specify if you were looking for a specific omen

Everyone who has spells and things to prepare can do so at ay point until the battle starts. Also, anyone who wants to buy healing cordials from Risey for 20 gold per can still do so.

---

The party, having prepared their spells, weapons, and hangovers, meet in the now nearly empty tavern with Risey, who seems to have dressed in a hike, with a carry-all bag, a leather padded jacket, and a dagger.

"Come on-if we move quickly, we can surprise them..." She says.

Risey leads the group Southwards, out of the village before the sun even rises. You don't run into anyone, which is only odd considering the Baron said he had the militia mustered...

It's at least an hours trek through dark forestland, Risey leading through the bracken with some true skill-it's likely she's been plunging into these woods her whole life. It's a twisty, roundabout loop through weaving trunks of the overlarge trees that dominate this country, and the nests of brambles which seem so common once you step off the enchanted path...

The morning sun is just beginning to lighten the sky pink, orange and red as she motions for you to stop in a small clearing.

"Alright...they're just ahead, maybe 150 feet or so. You sneak on straight ahead, the land dips, then there's this little bowl of land-they have got their camp over there, among my fruit trees." She says, quietly.

Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:54:57 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2015, 10:07:05 am »

"I-i'll scout ahead. I-I'll be b-back in a flick."
Akira sneaks ahead to scout out the camp.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2015, 10:20:01 am »

"Let us be ready then." Sarco said in a low hiss as he pulled out one of the spears. "Please stay back to make sure they do not see you Miss Risey."

Watching Akira go he turned to the others. "I think we should try to surround them so that none get away. It would not do for us to fail to capture some and then for them to reestablish themselves as soon as we leave the area."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 24, 2015, 10:42:29 am »

Tadhg pays for one healing potty.

The Barbarian shakes his head. "We should spread out in a half circle at most, so we can attack as a united front and help each other out. We don't want to stop them from routing - that way the ones who don't break will be easier to handle. We can still track down any fleers later, and that way we'll have greater superiority in numbers." He gets that look he always does when he is about to start telling w war story, but then stops himself. "It would probably he good if we brought back at least one alive, though. For the courts and all that."
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2015, 10:46:51 am »

"I do not believe it would be prudent to slay any of them. We are not deputized in this region to carry out justice. Although they shall almost certainly be killed for banditry, if we try to carry out their sentence it would simply be murder. As for the half circle, it has merit if we fear their strength."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2015, 10:48:57 am »

Stealth Test (vs ??)
[20+5=25]
Crit Pass!

Akira may be afraid, but she's excellent at going unseen...indeed, by the time her own teammates have turned to the sound of her voice, she's vanished completely.

She creeps forward, not breaking a single twig.

Intelligence Save (vs 13)
[16+1=17]
Pass!

Perception Test (vs ?)
[6+2=8]

She notices something...wrong, about the whole scene pretty quickly. It pretty much ruins all her groups plans, though it's probably for the best...

Alright, on the surface. A single grimy looking bandit, standing guard, looking sleepy-the others, about five sprawled around their campfire in true bandit fashion, passed out from drink and debauching. They're barely armed and armored, and their tents and dwellings are dirty and in poor upkeep. She thinks she can see someone in the tent, but...

Turn your head. Look at it from another angle. It's all a mirage-an illusion. Like a shimmer on an oasis.

Akira looks past the magic trying to fool her senses and sees whats really there-six warrior elves, and two odd looking canids, all looking mean and ready for combat. The camp is not so tawdry-it's fairly well built, from a military standpoint-thick red canopied tents are spread around in an ordered fashion. Bizarrely, in the center of the keep is a large feasting table with two high seats-one at each end. Located off to one side of the camp, in what Akira first assumed where privy trenches, are seven humanoid graves dug in a neat and orderly row...

Most of the warriors do seem a bit bored, but they are also fully awake, and seem to have their bows ready to fire on anyone who enters the camp...She notes the warriors, save one, are all what she has termed 'painted elves'-or wild elves. They're not nearly as civilized as Samara is. Four of them are looking pretty tough-they are armored in good leather, with wicked looking swords-the other two are dressed in padded cloth, carry clubs, and seem to be tending to the dogs. The final one resembles Samara is fashion, a High Elf with an arrogant sneer on his handsome face. He's hanging well back from the front line, sipping some wine-at breakfast?

The animals are also strange-the Elven dogs seems almost as big as ponies, with thick, greenish coats-patterned with a bark like pattern of brown spots. They have very big claws and teeth, though they seem very well trained-not making a sound, and waiting patiently...Akira is fortunate the wind favors her (she calculated this move unconsciously), otherwise she is sure they would sniff her out.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 24, 2015, 11:08:31 am »

Akira starts heading back to her group. This is fishy.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2015, 11:56:43 am »

Recalling the messenger artifice Kawtari had described, Samara sighed softly. It might have been coincidence, but that... was unlikely. It would depend on what the half-breed found, she supposed, but there was no harm in being certain.

'Go, friend,' she thought to her raven, 'Follow the strange one. Find the camp.'

Her familiar deployed, Samara carefully moved to the rear of the group, and spoke, "Now, my dear, why don't you tell us why we are truly out here? I am of an ancient line, and my own family has made use of the same artifacts for private communications since time immemorial. I doubt it is coincidence that one went out when you believed that we were willing to aid you, in the same direction that we traveled today. Is your supposedly mad crush waiting in ambush with a pack of thieves, perhaps?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2015, 12:35:05 pm »

Risey seems to think a moment, her features shimmering in contemplation.

Hmm.

{"Nice shot, wrong target."} She says quietly...in accented High Elvish. Her voice seems to have changed.

{"I suppose it doesn't really matter. The point is, I got you here, didn't I? I did my part. I could stay here and answer some interesting questions, but I'd much rather take off, see who makes it out...I do admire you, though. Samara Oestel. The one who got out. Don't ever assume you're ever safe, darling..."}

With that, she leaps to the side-uttering a shrill whistle, as she does so-one that seems to echo through the forest, from treetop to treetop.

---

Akira starts heading back to her group. This is fishy.

Akira is in the process of making her way back when she hears the whistle-and the camp behind her seems to wake up pretty quickly.

She hears some shouting behind her.

"All right, there's the signal. We're doing this the hard way, it seems...all the best laid plans of Elves and Men, and all that. Humph!

Remember, kill the others-we need Samara alive. For awhile, anyway. I don't want all this good wine to go to waste!"

Akira reaches the party about the same time she hears them charging and whooping through the forest...

The group is given but a split second to choose their next actions. Akira will no doubt inform the group of the trap...Risey(?) is currently sprinting away to the East, attempting to vanish into the trees-her form is wavering oddly...you can still catch her...but, from the South you can hear a group of warrior elves approaching-fast ones, by the sound of them. And barking hounds.

Samara's raven confirms their numbers and strength to her, at least. She vaguely recognize the High Elven leader as a...cousin? Or something. It's hard to say.

Time to act!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2015, 12:42:46 pm »

Tangle Risey's legs with my meteor hammer and topple her!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2015, 12:51:01 pm »

Sarco roared out at the betrayal, grabbing a spear in one hand and his maul in the other, he moved to the nearest tree, positioning himself ready to throw the spear at the first elvish face to dare show itself.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 58