Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dorfs putting their clothes in tombs  (Read 1282 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Dorfs putting their clothes in tombs
« on: February 19, 2015, 01:23:27 am »

I gave each of them a tomb.
Then I noticed them were using the tombs to store their spare clothes. LOL
Well they didn't need the clothes anyway because all of them were wearing armors. ::)

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

SMASH!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfs putting their clothes in tombs
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 03:33:35 am »

Here lies xdeceased sockx. May he rest in peace.

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 03:56:11 am »

Well, what were you expecting them to wear in the afterlife?  Come on, you have to plan ahead with these sorts of things.  They might like it if you put a few barrels of booze in there and forbid them.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 03:58:13 am »

My guess is that coffins/sarcophagi are registered in-game as containers, and because the dwarves own said containers, they decide it's cool to keep their socks in them.

Also, might want to file a bug report.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 04:28:05 am »

Dwarfs store their "belongings" on the floor of owned rooms when they run out of container space. An assigned tomb is an owned room and dwarfs usually only own clothes (and although they can't wear them, military dwarfs will still _claim_ clothes).

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 04:31:58 am »

My guess is that coffins/sarcophagi are registered in-game as containers, and because the dwarves own said containers, they decide it's cool to keep their socks in them.

Also, might want to file a bug report.
Oh, I said tombs, not coffins.
They just put the clothes on the ground.

I believe if you place cabinets in there they will also use them.

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 06:00:58 am »

Definitely, they will use cabinets you put in their tombs for their owned items. I had a particularly annoying broker who would cancel all my plans of sending him to the trade depot so that he could move his clothing from his room to his tomb at the worst possible moment. One item at a time.

"If Urist McBroker doesn't report to the Trade Depot in the next sodding five minutes, he will have his precious bloody hole-ridden glove collection SET ON FIRE and his tomb will become far more functional than it already is. We had a bunch of migrants last quarter, and three of them have some small appraisal skill and plenty of time on their hands. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED."
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 06:49:07 am »

We had a bunch of migrants last quarter, and three of them have some small appraisal skill and plenty of time on their hands. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED."
Odds are that a caravan with wagons will boost a dwarf to Novice Appraiser before you even see the trade screen.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.