Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Did something happen to GWG?  (Read 15655 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Did something happen to GWG?
« on: February 18, 2015, 08:12:12 pm »

Noticed I hadn't seen him around for a while now, just now got around to checking his profile and he's been gone since June.
His most recent posts don't offer any clues.
Anyone have info?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Did something happen to GWG?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 08:12:33 pm »

Uh. He got banz0red.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 08:13:19 pm »

Really?!
Would it be inappropriate to ask how?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 08:13:46 pm »

Read the moderation log.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 08:15:48 pm »

Oh wow, thanks.
Badges of honor

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »

Such is life on the forums. Some day long in the future you, too, will be banned. And then those who remember you being there when they joined will become the Great Old Ones. Hell, how many of the GOOs are left at this point? Aqizzar is dead a gone, Vector is here, Jackrabbit is MIA... Hell, I know there's a bunch more, but the names escape me.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 08:17:56 pm »

Some day long in the future you, too, will be banned.
You phrased that badly. Go read the first page of some ancient topic from the dawn of time, like Draw Your Adventures or the Happy Thread. Just look at all those people who don't post at all and haven't been banned.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 08:19:14 pm »

Badges of honor

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 08:26:13 pm »

You phrased that badly. Go read the first page of some ancient topic from the dawn of time, like Draw Your Adventures or the Happy Thread. Just look at all those people who don't post at all and haven't been banned.

Eh. It's better to burn out than to fade away.

Edit because I forgot how to format.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:47:06 am by Zrk2 »
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 09:11:38 pm »

[Eh. It's better to burn out than to fade away.](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cawk2cMTnGo)

Not when you consider what you have to do to get banned. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Osh-KYy4Cw)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 09:17:54 pm »

[Eh. It's better to burn out than to fade away.](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cawk2cMTnGo)

Not when you consider what you have to do to get banned. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Osh-KYy4Cw)

I've gotten the impression that people tend to be banned for very little; effectively nothing in fact.

What we need is for everyone to switch over en masse to a different forum where the mods don't care. Start a rage thread and a religion thread there that cannot and will not be closed under any circumstances. etc etc etc. I'm not even being sarcastic right now; I'm dead serious.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 09:18:37 pm »

Such is life on the forums. Some day long in the future you, too, will be banned. And then those who remember you being there when they joined will become the Great Old Ones. Hell, how many of the GOOs are left at this point? Aqizzar is dead a gone, Vector is here, Jackrabbit is MIA... Hell, I know there's a bunch more, but the names escape me.
Could've sworn I occasionally see Aqizzar whining about things.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 09:19:37 pm »

It actually takes a lot to be banned here, if you're not spamming right off the bat.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 09:22:23 pm »

It actually takes a lot to be banned here, if you're not spamming right off the bat.

Bans and locked threads seem to happen as soon as anybody says anything even remotely controversial.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 09:24:51 pm »

Bans and locked threads seem to happen as soon as anybody says anything even remotely controversial.
I don't think I've ever seen a ban/locked thread caused solely by a controversial comment; controversial comments tend to cause arguments, though, and those usually result in locked threads and warnings.

I can't speak for older bans, but most of the ones I've witnessed were after multiple warnings and mutes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9