Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Did something happen to GWG?  (Read 15650 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Did something happen to GWG?
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2015, 05:08:44 pm »

GWG actually was autistic. Back in the days before he started going crazy with the arguments he use to have a thing in his sig to let people know

I wasn't aware of that. That would explain a lot.
As someone ELSE who has autism, I would like to counter that it doesn't explain THAT much. While I certainly can be a stubborn bastard at times, I DO know when to stop to avoid serious problems. I might not always stop at that point regardless of the consequences, but I am aware of when that point comes.

Just saying don't get all "Oh he has autism he can't help it" He could, and he chose not too.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Did something happen to GWG?
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2015, 05:32:48 pm »

GWG actually was autistic. Back in the days before he started going crazy with the arguments he use to have a thing in his sig to let people know

I wasn't aware of that. That would explain a lot.
As someone ELSE who has autism, I would like to counter that it doesn't explain THAT much. While I certainly can be a stubborn bastard at times, I DO know when to stop to avoid serious problems. I might not always stop at that point regardless of the consequences, but I am aware of when that point comes.

Just saying don't get all "Oh he has autism he can't help it" He could, and he chose not too.
I'll counter with the point that it's called autism SPECTRUM for a reason.  People fall at various points along that spectrum.  Technically he could have stopped, yes, but depending on his current thought processes and where he falls on that it could have seemed, to him, to be a good idea to keep going.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]