Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30

Author Topic: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling [OOC] (Waitlist)  (Read 39178 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling [OOC] (Waitlist)
« Reply #300 on: February 28, 2015, 01:51:30 pm »

Out of curiosity, how is damage calculated for weapons that aren't throwing weapons that are thrown? Such as throwing a dagger.

I know how it's calculated for throwing a zero damage item such as hardtack but what about weapons with actual damage?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 28, 2015, 03:18:54 pm »

Non-throwing thrown weapons do normal damage, I believe. Just like thrown weapons do normal damage when used in melee.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 28, 2015, 08:24:14 pm »

I noticed that there's no mechanics for butchering corpses even though the existence of said mechanic is implied by the Trapper knack.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2015, 08:25:30 pm »

I imagine that would be Craft: Resource, though I personally would just specify how much meat you got from a trap and consider it automatically butchered.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2015, 08:27:34 pm »

Well how much meat would we get from a human corpse? Also, do Severing weapons do Bleeding damage?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:31:30 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 28, 2015, 08:29:36 pm »

Severing weapons are considered also Bleeding, yes. However, I forgot to roll bleeding during the first Undead fight, so I just decided the first Undead you met would be too decayed to bleed. You'll meet some bloodsacks later on.

How much meat you get from a human corpse depends on how much it weighs. I would probably estimate a weight, then ask you to make a Craft: Resource check and spend an hour or two butchering, basing the result on how well you rolled.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 28, 2015, 08:31:51 pm »

Is it possible to turn bones into weapons?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2015, 08:33:25 pm »

I would allow them to be used as an ingredient in crafting, but they would either have no effect or a negative effect on the weapon's stats.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Salsacookies, I cannot resolve your action until you actually spend your Specialization points, and fix your weapon's damage back to how it was.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile

Fixed.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, you have not fixed your sheet, and I am still unable to process your turn until you do. Once again, your Specialization ranks may be spent only on your raw attack dice pool, and your sword's damage dice should be 2d6-1.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I change my attack and evasion dice both to 1d8? I made the mistake of assuming that you added all the dice together to get the number, but actually it is that you take the highest number of the dice you rolled.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, you may.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile

I would like to be placed last to move, so that way I'm not holding up the others.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30