Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling [OOC] (Waitlist)  (Read 39197 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling [OOC] (Waitlist)
« Reply #255 on: February 25, 2015, 11:32:08 pm »

Is it possible to hit with your fist while holding a dagger (as they are a very light weapon, at least compared to the others) to gain benefits from brawling knacks?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 25, 2015, 11:35:41 pm »

I'm afraid not. That's simply not within the game's rules. Unarmed is unarmed. Dagger is dagger.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2015, 11:49:15 pm »

Can spear people stab diagonally?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 25, 2015, 11:49:52 pm »

Yes, as per the Knight in Chess.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 25, 2015, 11:59:10 pm »

You mean the bishop, right? Knights move and attack in an 'L'.

So I'm looking through knacks and I've noticed a distinct lack of crossbow and gun knacks. Also, I found this in Spear knacks:
Handling the Situation
Requirements: Specialization: Spear VI
It’s occasionally necessary to get a grip on yourself to avoid being shafted. When blocking an attack with your spear, you may add your spear’s damage dice to your attack dice pool. You may not carry over damage bonuses. (ex. “+4”)
First of all, how do you block with a weapon? The section on blocking (p.123) only mentions blocking with a shield or buckler. Secondly, why would an increase in the attack dice pool matter when on defence?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 26, 2015, 12:01:00 am »

Yes!

I haven't been this excited since I found out I can get Hotline Miami 2! So... I haven't been this excited since this morning.

So I'm looking through knacks and I've noticed a distinct lack of crossbow and gun knacks.
The bonus is how easy it is to kill with them.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 26, 2015, 12:05:54 am »

No, he means the knight:

"A melee weapon may only target an opponent in an adjacent square. If the weapon has reach,
the choice of targets is extended to two squares away. To determine whether a square is “two
squares away,” consider the movement pattern of the knight piece in Chess. For example, a
square that is one to the right and two above from a character can be hit, because a knight
could move to that square in Chess. As long as there is a square between the attacker and the
target that both of them are adjacent to, the attacker can hit the target, as long as there is not
another target in that square."

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 26, 2015, 12:07:15 am »

No, I mean the knight.

e:f;b

So I'm looking through knacks and I've noticed a distinct lack of crossbow and gun knacks.
All Bow knacks apply to crossbows. Guns don't have knacks.

Also, I found this in Spear knacks:
Handling the Situation
Requirements: Specialization: Spear VI
It’s occasionally necessary to get a grip on yourself to avoid being shafted. When blocking an attack with your spear, you may add your spear’s damage dice to your attack dice pool. You may not carry over damage bonuses. (ex. “+4”)
First of all, how do you block with a weapon? The section on blocking (p.123) only mentions blocking with a shield or buckler. Secondly, why would an increase in the attack dice pool matter when on defence?
From Step 1b, Section 7.4:
If the target has a shield and rolled higher than the attacker’s roll to hit, the blow is blocked. If the difference between the target’s roll and the attacker’s roll is at least equal to the shield’s Counter-Attack Rating, they may counter-attack. If the target has a buckler, they may not block ranged attacks . The target can also choose to try and block with their weapon, as long as it is a melee attack, in which case they roll with downgraded attack dice to block the attack.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 26, 2015, 12:33:43 am »

I read that section twice and I didn't see that bit. *facepalm*
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 26, 2015, 02:05:21 am »

Hey everybody,

I messed up and made the locational damage chart calculate thresholds based on your current VP instead of your maximum VP. Unless you feel like fixing the equations yourself you'll have to make a new copy of the Foot Soldiers sheet (here) and copy the information over.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Raycaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Space hero!
    • View Profile
    • Sharper Shovels

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 26, 2015, 07:18:09 pm »

Is looking at things a free action?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 26, 2015, 07:29:24 pm »

Oui.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 27, 2015, 12:51:56 am »

Is it possible to walk 6m as a free action, jog 12m as a half action, and then run 20m as a full action? I'm rather certain it's not possible but I just want to make sure that neither this nor some close variation is true.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30