Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30

Author Topic: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling [OOC] (Waitlist)  (Read 39236 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling [OOC]
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2015, 08:42:12 pm »

Aaah. Thank you! That threw me for a loop. Ein moment...Let's go with the Female... token, Column 4, Row 4
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

So, female1?
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling [OOC]
« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2015, 08:49:58 pm »

Why not!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take wizard2..., which is the one immediately following wizard2
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How the game will be played:
Solgeid will enter the Rakshama underground pass from the north entrance at the same time as Paralun enters it from the south entrance. Each team will play in a separate thread, which the other team is forbidden from looking at. Both teams may post in the OOC thread at their leisure. There will be two modes: combat mode, and resting mode. During combat mode, each team will submit actions for the turn as though they were in combat, and the turn will be resolved for both teams at the same time. Either team may at any point enter resting mode by agreeing to rest for a certain number of hours. They may then perform actions freely, and dedicate hours of that time to sleeping or crafting or roleplaying or what have you, as long as they do not trigger combat or move forward in the dungeon.

While one team is in resting mode, the other team will continue in combat mode until they also decide to enter resting mode, until they've spent a number of hours equal to the other team (thus catching them up to that team chronologically). The first team in resting mode may then resolve that mode and re-enter combat mode. They may then continue into the dungeon until they enter resting mode and free the other team into combat mode, et cetera. This will ensure that neither team gets the advantage simply by being faster, if for example one team's member drops out and needs to be replaced. If both teams manage to reach the center of the dungeon, they will fight to the death. The winner wins the game, as well as the dungeon's prize, and may retire their adventurers. If neither team survives, no one wins, and the dungeons of Rakshama remain unplundered. Best of luck to you both!

Now the real fight begins!
Solgeid Thread
Paralun Thread
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:47:14 am by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling [OOC] (Waitlist)
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2015, 01:53:34 am »

Can I change my icon to Warrior 2?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2015, 01:53:58 am »

Sure. You guys can also submit your own pictures and have me edit the heads into tokens, if you've got a piece of art you feel really represents your character.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:57:04 am by Squeegy »
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Raycaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Space hero!
    • View Profile
    • Sharper Shovels
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2015, 07:00:23 pm »

So I was talking to Squeegy way back when this thread was like, 9 pages long. I was like, "Man, I like foot soldiers, but I'm worried I might hold the game up." because I've been drawn into not computer stuff lately. He said it'd be fine, I'd only have to post like, once every few days, at most!

Of course, the game starts the exact single day I stayed up until 7 AM and slept in until 4 PM. Whoops! Sorry.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2015, 11:19:11 pm »

So I'm looking through equipment and then I see the stats for the various spears available. Notably, I find that the Short Spear, Spear, and Pike all do different amounts of damage. Perhaps you should make them all do the same damage but instead give them different amounts of reach? The whole point of a spear is its reach, after all, and separating different types of spears by their reach rather than their damage would be something unique for that class of weapon. Before I talk about halberds, what's 'R'? I've read through the PDF but I couldn't find mention of what it does. What's CR?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2015, 11:22:03 pm »

R is Reach and CR is Critical Rating. I will not be giving spears differing reaches in this version.

Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2015, 11:23:57 pm »

So I'm looking through equipment and then I see the stats for the various spears available. Notably, I find that the Short Spear, Spear, and Pike all do different amounts of damage. Perhaps you should make them all do the same damage but instead give them different amounts of reach? The whole point of a spear is its reach, after all, and separating different types of spears by their reach rather than their damage would be something unique for that class of weapon. Before I talk about halberds, what's 'R'? I've read through the PDF but I couldn't find mention of what it does. What's CR?

Get your weeaboo shit outa here, we need a katana we'll just rename a sword. We're peasants, not samuri.

Anyways, I don't see a reason to change the spear's stats. Afterall, a short spear has less handle to thrust with so it's gonna do less damage. Same with the other two.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2015, 11:32:31 pm »

Anyways, I don't see a reason to change the spear's stats. Afterall, a short spear has less handle to thrust with so it's gonna do less damage. Same with the other two.
I....but....what!? No! That's not how it works at all! If you want proof, find two sticks of different lengths, then poke your little brother with each of them and ask which one hurt more.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2015, 11:33:28 pm »

Don't got a brother.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2015, 11:38:43 pm »

A better reason is that the different types of spears have different types of heads which can do different damage.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2015, 11:42:21 pm »

Don't got a brother.
Oh, sorry about that.

A better reason is that the different types of spears have different types of heads which can do different damage.
Wouldn't that be represented through weapon quality?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30