Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

Author Topic: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling [OOC] (Waitlist)  (Read 39184 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

I'm wondering, how much metagame is allowed, barring looking at the opposite party's thread?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

Well, you're not permitted to look at the other party's thread, but I'm curious what kind of metagaming you're referring to.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could we get a running combat order list?
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Turn Order is listed at the end of every turn.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, I considered adding a new part to the Character Creation section wherein individual characters would optionally undergo a trial after being created, under the GM's supervision, which relates to the character's background. Any benefit they receive from the trial carries over into the game proper, like XP gained, as well as any permanent drawbacks, like if they lose an arm (but VP and limb damage are restored). If they die during the trial, the player can continue as though it hadn't occurred or make a new character, but each character can only undergo one trial and if they survive, they have to take what they get. This could help flesh out people's backgrounds and characters, give them a bit of a bonus to start the game with (as well as the risk of penalties, or having to spend Luck Points before the game even begins to avoid them), give them some hands-on experience with the system before they start, and let people know how viable their builds are. I figure I can come up with a fixed list of short trials that everyone can choose from, whichever one fits their character best.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't do that. That can be a homebrew thing for people to do with on their own but it's not worth cluttering up the main game with that.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it were homebrew then people would have to come up with it on their own. This would be an optional mechanic.

The PDF is quite short for a tabletop game. Most tabletop games have PDFs twice its size, and those use columns to halve their length, so if they were compiled like Foot Soldiers is they would probably be three to four times longer. There's plenty of room for more, even beyond what I have planned (like diseases). Even if I included pictures and stories like in many tabletop systems, that wouldn't make up the size difference. In my opinion, character creation needs something interesting in it, like allowing you to pick a sign to be born under, or whatever. Luck Points were the most recent addition. I'm looking for neat things I could add that fit the game's atmosphere, and this seemed like a contender.

You're welcome to make your own suggestions.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to remind everybody that keeping your character sheets up to date, especially VP, limb damage, inventory, and experience, is your responsibility. I can't keep them up to date for you. When your character takes damage, mark it. When you pick something up, mark it. You're the one who's going to be surprised when I inform you that your character is dead when your sheet shows them at full VP.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I'm thinking of relaxing the rules on picking up items when there's no enemies around, letting you pick up as many items as you want as a full action. Taking items from others would count as picking them up.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would be nice.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's probably a decent idea although I think not for this game. Since this is a race between Solgeid and Paralun I think it's a nice idea to have to choose between speed and loot, maybe make it weight rather than items, for example you can pick up 5 units worth of items on a single turn.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a better idea.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, I think I'd rather just stick with the current rules in that case.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Flails can't be parried IRL. That's their shtick.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't see how. I thought their shtick was that they were harder to block.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30