Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30

Author Topic: [RPG] ⚔Dueling Blades⚔ - Competitive Dungeon Crawling [OOC] (Waitlist)  (Read 39187 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

I would like to be placed last to move, so that way I'm not holding up the others.
For future reference, this action is "delaying."
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, let me just summarize some outstanding issues in people's character sheets:

Hordor: Your raw attack dice don't match your Specialization ranks. You need to keep your XP up to date.
Alphonse: You should include the denomination of the money you're carrying.
Helena: Your raw attack dice don't match your Specialization ranks. You need to keep your XP up to date.
Salsacookies: Still need to spend your Specialization ranks and fix your weapon stats. Also, you should list weapon damage on the main page.
Pencil_Art: Your raw evasion dice don't match your Specialization ranks.
GUNINANRUNIN: If you're planning on using intent to mangle a lot, your attack dice pool is terrible for it. That 1d4 is outright eliminated, so its benefits are nil. Instead, you should use your 3 ranks to get a 1d8 and a 1d6, or a 1d10 and a 1d4, so that when they're downgraded you can still get decent rolls.

Please fix.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

GUNINANRUNIN: If you're planning on using intent to mangle a lot, your attack dice pool is terrible for it. That 1d4 is outright eliminated, so its benefits are nil. Instead, you should use your 3 ranks to get a 1d8 and a 1d6, or a 1d10 and a 1d4, so that when they're downgraded you can still get decent rolls.

Please fix.
But the sheet isn't wrong, correct?

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not objectively wrong, but for the playstyle you seem to be going for, it's rather suboptimal.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Then no thanks, I'll stick with what I have.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile

Fixed, I hope.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, that is proper, though you should change your raw attack dice as well to reflect it.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you should just explicitly say that only one movement action can be done per turn. At the moment, you have three different sentences implying it than when put together confirm the unwritten rule but it's much simpler to just say that a person can either walk, jog, or run once per turn, and that doing one of those actions prohibits the use of itself or the others for the rest of the turn.

EDIT: Also, Paralun's apparently on Turn 9 while Solgeid's either on Turn 8 or Turn 7.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I already changed the PDF. Make sure that you download it again so that you have the most recent version.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's cool.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Specifically, I changed it to this:

Moving to an adjacent square horizontally or vertically is a distance of 2 meters. This is referred to as the distance of a square for convenience’s sake. Moving diagonally, however, is a distance of 3 meters, which is where things get complicated. If a character ends up with one or two meters left over, that they can’t use to get where they want to go, they can carry it over to the next round so that it’s not wasted, or you can ignore it for simplicity. The reasons for this rule are trigonometric and have to do with circles. It’s complicated. Just roll with it.

Movement can only occur as the first action in a round, with the exception of changing poses. The attacker may not move after performing any other action in a round, and she may only move at one of three paces: walking, jogging, or running.

The attacker may move up to six meters as a free action. This represents walking pace. This is useful for positioning herself for attacks.

The attacker may move up to twelve meters as a half round maneuver. This represents jogging pace.  The attacker can move an additional meter for every rank of Acrobatics she possesses. A character with five ranks in Acrobatics can jog 17 meters, or around eight squares. A character with ten ranks in Acrobatics can jog 22 meters, or eleven squares in a cardinal direction.

The attacker may move up to twenty meters as a full round maneuver. This represents running, or sprinting, pace. Because this is a full round maneuver, it ends her turn. Because it is movement, she may not perform any other maneuvers before running. This means that running takes up her entire round. She can move an additional two meters for every rank of Acrobatics she possesses. A character with five ranks in Acrobatics can run 30 meters, or 15 squares in a cardinal direction. A character with ten ranks in Acrobatics can run 40 meters, or 20 squares in a cardinal direction.

If the attacker is over her carry weight, she may not receive any movement bonuses from her Acrobatics ranks. Additionally, she may move fewer squares. For every unit over her carry weight, the attacker may move one fewer meter when she runs. When her running distance equals her jogging distance, jogging follows the normal rules of running, and walking follows the normal rules of jogging. For every unit over her carry weight from there, she may jog one less meter, until it equals her walking speed (6 meters). Then, walking follows the normal rules of running, and additional units are subtracted from that speed until she can no longer move.

The notation for movement speed is 6m/12m/20m. This represents how far one can walk (6 meters), how far one can jog (12 meters), and how far one can run (20 meters).

The attacker can move to any square adjacent to the target, but if she moves to a square away from the target, the target may counter-attack her. When riding a mount, some rules for movement are different. The attacker selects a pace at the start of the round as normal. Then, she moves up to the maximum number of squares she could move at the next slowest pace (unless walking). She may then either move the remainder immediately, or save it until a later point in her turn. For instance, if she were riding a horse with a speed of 10m/40m/140m, and chose a cantering pace (40m), she would have to move up to 10m, and would be able to save the remaining 30m for later in her turn, to represent the horse’s momentum.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I just read it. It's cool.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm confused. Is it cool, or is it fine?
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's fine.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible to jog 6m one way and then jog the other 6m back in the same half action or does changing direction start a new movement action?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30