Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: {SG} Hikikomori Quest {SG}: Meet Murphy  (Read 2564 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
{SG} Hikikomori Quest {SG}: Meet Murphy
« on: February 18, 2015, 03:24:57 am »

Hi! Welcome to Topplr blog service. To start blogging, simply fill out this form. Be honest! We will never disclose your information to anyone.
Username:
Location: (Bold One) Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, United States, United Kingdom, Sweden.
Trait: (Bold One) Obsessive Hobby, Rescuer, Imaginary Friend, Perversion, Suicidal Thoughts, Vice, Delusion, Health Problem, Real Friend.
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Trait Summaries (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:30:13 am by Fniff »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: {SG} Hikikomori Quest {SG}
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 03:33:37 am »

* Kevak shall be watching buuuut also wants you to reboot Starlight~

Character:

Username: Tanivake
Sex: mmm... Lets do identifies as male but with a mild dissociative gender disorder on top of the normal trait (since I plan for the normal trait to be mild.
Location: Japan (Or US if people vote US, I think Japan would be more fun)
Trait: Perversion. Specifically an interest in very mild petplay and some aspects of the furry community. (mild petplay as in collars, being called kitten, petting, and so on and so forth. Noooothing weird/extreme.)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 03:42:13 am »

Username: Murphy
Sex: Male
Trait: Suicidal Thoughts
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 04:03:57 am by Harry Baldman »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 09:16:50 am »

Username: Minecraftkid117
Age: 16 (actually 14, but lied about age to get on the blog)
Trait: Imaginary friends, lot's of them.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 10:12:55 am »

+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 03:36:56 pm »

+1.
Loading... Loading...
Stats received!
Current Hope: 3d10.
Current traits: Vice, Suicidal Thoughts, and Health Problem.
Quote from: Rulebook
Vice
You’ve gotten into something that you probably shouldn’t have, some
kind of vice. As a hikikomori this means something you can do
privately, which probably means some kind of drug, legal or otherwise.
Initialization
Come up with a vice, preferably something that is by all accounts a
pretty stupid thing to do. It starts at a rating of 3d10, or 4d10 if
you think you’ve picked something especially addictive.

Suicidal Thoughts
Something has you thinking about killing yourself. Granted, you hardly
ever go outside of the house, and it seems more and more like no one
would notice.
Initialization
Suicidal Thoughts’ base trait level is 3d10. While you have this
Trait, at the beginning of each day you must take some time to write
down a possible method of suicide.

Health Problem
Staying in your room all the time just isn’t good for your health, in
any number of ways, and you’re starting to show it in some fashion.
Maybe you’ve got an actual illness, maybe it’s psychosomatic, maybe
it’s malnutrition, or maybe some hereditary health condition has
kicked in and is being made worse by your lifestyle. Regardless, it’s
here and it’s a problem.
Initialization
Decide what the health problem is, and then decide what your character
thinks it is (assuming he even notices it). It starts with 3 dice.

Current Tasks
Decide what your health problem is.
Decide what your vice is, and whether it deserves to be 3d10 or 4d10.
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 03:38:30 pm by Fniff »

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 03:59:42 pm »

We're Addicted to Crack Cocaine, Obviously...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 04:04:23 pm »

No, we are addicted to caffeine and sugar. Our health problem is a heart disorder.

This should be more Fun. Stimulants aggravate heart conditions. Often they are lethal. Also an old man hyped up on coffee is an amusing mental image.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 05:07:16 pm »

No, we are addicted to caffeine and sugar. Our health problem is a heart disorder.

This should be more Fun. Stimulants aggravate heart conditions. Often they are lethal. Also an old man hyped up on coffee is an amusing mental image.

+1! A full life's been already lived, time to discover the wilder side of things.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 05:26:43 pm »

+1! A full life's been already lived, time to discover the wilder side of things.
+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 09:29:51 am »

One New Post on The Topplr for 'Murphy'
Hello, internet. My name's Murphy, and my nephew is forcing me to start this online diary. If you're reading this, Darren, congratulations on saving your brother money on a therapist.
I'm 69, and the only reason I'm able to use this glorified calculator is because I was the only electronics advisor for the logistics company for 30 years. That's until I 'retired' five years ago and have been receiving steady benefits. I'll continue to do so, unless David Cameron decides to cut them.
I've had surgery for my heart twice now. It was never great to start with and my coffee habit didn't help. Doesn't help. I don't want to risk any extreme shocks so I only go outside when I need to. Besides, I didn't have much truck with going out to start with. If you were looking to me for advice, I can only give this one bit of wisdom: if you're unhappy in a house, you're going to be unhappy in the pissing rain.
Since you are basically my therapist now, internet, I'm going to ask you to tell me what I should do today. Whatever the internet has planned for me is most likely better then staring at the walls again.
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Statistics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:51:24 am by Fniff »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: {SG} Hikikomori Quest {SG}: Meet Murphy
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 09:53:38 am »

Make like Balsac and have yourself some coffee.

Then go outside, maybe to the park or something. You play chess, maybe?

Finally, do a check-in with your doctor, maybe, unless you already did a short while ago.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 10:06:07 am »

Make like Balsac and have yourself some coffee.

Then go outside, maybe to the park or something. You play chess, maybe?

Finally, do a check-in with your doctor, maybe, unless you already did a short while ago.

+1 except for the playing chess. I don't think murphy is ready to socialize yet.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 11:20:56 am »

Rolling for Traits
Usually, you're meant to roll all your traits' dice and then order them from highest to lowest. The highest three happen on that day. Since we only have three, let's just cut the rolling.
Suicidal Thoughts vs. Hope
Suicide: 12
Hope: 13

Lucky.
Health Problem
As it has equal/less dice then 4d10, all our bum ticker can do is bother us. That usually isn't a problem unless it rolls 14 or higher, which...
Health Problem: 15
It just did. It now has an extra die.
Vice vs. Hope
Vice: 13
Hope: 12

Murphy is a lucky guy... Not that lucky, though. The margin counts in this roll, and it was just a tie. You take it easy, but you're still on the sugar.
Now, your actions.
Seek Help
If the result is less then 8, you stay at home. If the result is between 8 and 14, you just go to the drug store, and if the result is 15, you actually go to the doctor and get your problem fixed up.
Hope: 15
Well, won't have to worry about that heart problem in the future! Now all Murphy has to deal with is the junk food and the crushing desire to end his miserable existence. Speaking of the former.
Indulge and Forget
This would need a player decision, but since we only have suicidal tendencies left, and you can't indulge your vice to forget you're indulging your vice outside of a Terry Prachett novel, it's obvious what we need to forget.
Vice: 14
Suicidal Thoughts: 17

Sadly, sugar isn't an anti-depressant. Now let's do the unbelievable and go outside!
Go Outside
Hope: 19
... Well, I guess Murphy's going to take it one step at a time. The doctor's office is good enough, right?

Day One
One New Post on The Topplr for 'Murphy'
Hello internet. A few of you have been suggesting things, which is nice. Either I'm on the way to becoming a sensation or Darren sent some of his friends over to pester me into happiness. I'm fine with either, just don't post any of those bollocks 'inspirational' pictures or I will probably kill myself out of spite. If I had to go, I'd do it with a shotgun, but unfortunately the only people with those are farmers and gangsters. The only things in my house that could kill a man are in my toolshed, and that's been locked since the last time I was thinking on this subject.
As suggested, I picked up some coffee at Starbucks. Well, not coffee. It used to be that you would go to a petrol station and ask for a coffee and they would give it to you, but no such luck here. Nooo, what I was drinking was a White Chocolate Expresso with Double Foam because the failed art student on the till told me that I would have to be more specific. I knew that he and his friends would be out brightdancing or whatever to Lady Rihanna out in the park because that's what you trendy young types do nowadays, so I decided to head straight to the doctor's office to avoid them. Besides, it was too hot to go to the park.
The doctor gave me the usual speech. I swear, every twat with a labcoat seems to be judging you nowadays. It used to be that my dentist, good old Harvey, would pat me on the back for giving him so much business, but now it's all heart disease and healthy eating and mumbo jumbo like that. However, the doctor gave me a bottle of pills and sent me on my way after the speech.
They seem to have done the trick. I don't feel like I'm being knifed in the chest every second and my headaches are going down.

To those suggesting I go to the park, this is what actually works. You don't do yogo while speedwalking in the park to get healthy. You take pills the doctor gives you, lie down a bit, then stop talking about it.
Any recommendations for what I should do with my life can go in the comments.
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Statistics (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 12:09:54 pm »

Rediscover the joys of self-pleasure. It's good for you! Some say you're Wasting Time, but a buncha knobs is what they are. Maybe you can even Cheer Up as a result.

Also, you don't make your own coffee? That doesn't sound like a proper coffee addict speaking! You'd actually need to leave your house a whole bunch of times to get even one Balzac's worth! Probably best to give up and Call It Quits, then.
Pages: [1] 2