Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Outpost - Exile [Interest check]  (Read 11982 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost - Exile
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2015, 03:44:17 pm »

It might be better to use a hydroponics kit to recycle the air we bring with us rather than bring an oxygen extractor and hope for free oxides in the air. We can just build one out of parts if we need to. Also keep in mind things stuffed into the shuttle for the flight tend to have a higher chance of breaking.

With that in mind, my revised cargo list:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...I know I was a bit down on an oxygen extrator, but with this build we can have both a hydroponics kit AND an oxygen extrator. Using the hydroponics as a CO2 scrubber and an extra way to process oxygen combined with the oxygen extractor should allow us to keep things breathable for the whole crew.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2015, 05:57:47 pm »

I think we need to bring a seed bank with us...And do we need three heavy bit mechs?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2015, 08:30:57 pm »

Well, my idea was we use the three mechs to remotely set up the colony while we hang out in orbit for a couple months, as this lets our hydroponics get started on crops and the oxygen extractor to get a reserve supply of oxygen going. If you can fit a seed bank somewhere in there, i might support that
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2015, 08:32:13 pm »

Consider this a cargo item, it will need some extra parts to be part of a larger complex, has minimal temperature control and can not remix air, it just takes CO2 and turns it into O2 (though it has a basic atmospheric sensor).

Oxygen scrubbers & water recyclers. 4 RU. Size 1. Mass 3. Electricity 2 MW. Provides life support for 20 awake persons / 100 cryosleepers. Note: Does not provide food. Crew requires food stores. Requires 1 additional person awake.

As a note, the ark will have a seed bank and basic life sciences labs, thanks to your selection, so do not worry about never having a full ecosystem if you do not bring things now.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2015, 08:33:37 pm »

If you want to expand the He3 tanks to fill up the remaining 2 space that would be fine as well.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2015, 01:25:39 pm »

Spoiler: Cargo list (click to show/hide)

Need a compromise between these two or some extra support for one.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2015, 01:37:58 pm »

Ebbors.
Highly Opinionated Fool

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2015, 01:44:21 pm »

How about a third option?

This one includes our life support system.

Not sure about compromise though, because the cargo lists are finely balanced to allow for optimal loading and unloading, which makes mix and matching very hard.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2015, 02:26:53 pm »

I like this new plan.
Highly Opinionated Fool

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2015, 03:06:02 pm »

Did you want 21 or 26 crew total?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2015, 04:06:23 pm »

My choice was 26. If that works.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2015, 08:27:17 pm »

I'd prefer just the heavy bot mechs. While not as good as a full team, they're pretty flexible and take up less space  that we can use for parts and more rocket fuel(I like having the flexibility of being able to keep using the shuttle for stuff if we need it).

Other than that though, I'll support this plan if only so we have consensus.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2015, 02:30:51 am »

This better?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2015, 08:58:32 am »

I was going to say trade in the exosuit for another bot mech, but then we'd have to find 5 ru somehow. All in all though, looks good and I'll +1.

Heh, with 3 bot mechs I have plans for programming a modified swarm logic for them for a bonus when more than one is doing the same task. :P

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2015, 01:37:22 am »

Sorry for the delay, kept getting distracted.

Launch Phase - Dec 2076

With the last cargo, both bots and sleepers loaded, the final check begins on the bridge.

Engines?

Check.

Cryo systems?

Online.

Cargo.

Secured.

Hydroponics?

All green.  Then again is it always green up here.

A polite chuckle is heard from a few of the crew.

Okay let's go over the-

Command, this is Blue Team, we have more cargo for loading.

We did not have any more scheduled, see what it is.

He said it was last minute;  Hey, what is in there, open up those-

As the radio channel cut out they did not so much as hear what happened as felt it.  Crash to the right, then left, then pain.

Then the sound of god's own fingernails against a massive chalkboard.

What is

A display appears up on all consoles from DALES containing camera images with red boxes painted around parts.

Cameras 3 through 5 offline, camera 1 and 6 shows scaffolding moving away at high speeds.  Camera 7 and 9 show scaffolding also dragging along side of the ship.

Is anyone

No major damage detected to ship systems.

Four hands gave thumbs up and quick agreement.

What the hell happened down there, half the trays turned over up here, do not move until I can get there to figure out if you all are alright.

Ship has been ejected from the scaffold with surprising force, remaining portion is dragging along our side.  Recommended action is separation from scaffolding and activation of primary engine to escape further damage.  Incoming message from DNS Freedom.

My god are you all right.

Activate your plan DALES.  Yes, surprised you care at this point, it was another saboteur, some kind of explosive.

Are you leaving right now?  Your engines are firing, well, for what it is worth, good luck.  Even if we will never know how it turns out.

Understood, I will begin radio silence starting now.  Good luck to you as well, stay safe.

Ship forced to launch early by destruction of scaffolding.  Damage minimal to outer hull.

-10 to maintenance penalty for first turn of flight phase.

Flight phase - turn 1 - 2077-2072

DALES orders:

Research orders:

Wake up leader?

Other orders:

Event: Early Launch.

A. Quick repairs at Ceres base.  Maintenance penalty reduced to -5 and another escape roll at +20

B. Repairs at outer edge of the Kupiter belt.  Maintenance penalty reduced to -5 at a cost of .1 basic and advanced parts.

C. Extensive repairs and shakedown in deep space.  Maintenance roll needed, if successful will cost .1 basic and advanced parts and eliminate maintenance penalty.

D. Monitor for issues during transit.  -10 maintenance penalty on first turn. (no change)

E. Option A and B, maintenance penalty reduced to 0.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10