Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 66

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle OOC (Full up!)  (Read 111856 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Okay, hm. Oh, Dwarmin upped the starting level to 4 for new players? Good.

1. Your base skill scores are your ability modifiers. You tack your proficiencies on top of those. So, for example, with 18 Dex and Proficiencies in Acrobatics + Stealth, your Sleight of Hand score will be +4 and the other two will be +6.

2. Passive Perception is (IIRC) 10+Perception.

3. Pretty sure you've still got some bonus languages, since IIRC Thieves' Cant is a class feature and everyone knows Common.

4. Make sure to tick the saves your class gets proficiency in. Saves work like skills; Ability Mod + Proficiency. As a Rogue, you're proficient with your Dex and Int saves.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Thanks Flying Dice. I've added those.

@Dwarmin - can I ask, what languages in this world would a sailor most likely know? What races are most likely to sail and therefore the PC be likely to have come into contact with? I have two languages to choose.

@generally anyone. I can double my proficiency in a skill, or in using thieves' tools. But presumably to use thieves' tools I use the Sleight of Hand skill? So it would be more widely useful to instead double the proficiency in Sleight of Hand? Am I missing something? (apart from the ability to double Sleight of Hand and Thieves' Tools?)
Hmm, it appears I misread somewhere and SoH is not used to disable traps. So there you go. Well I am taking Perception and Investigation as my x2 Proficiencies in any case because it fits the character better.

Otherwise all done except... Overland Speed?

Feclan Brownbarrel, Halfling Roguetype.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 03:43:09 pm by lawastooshort »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Overland speed is somewhere, I can't remember where. But the "normal" speed for a creature with 30'/round movement is 3mph/24mpd, so for your guy it should be 2.5mph/20mpd. Obviously if we're not mounted we'd be traveling at the slowest party member's speed, but from what I've seen it's rarely relevant, either because the party has mounts, a ship, or magical transport/isn't traveling very far/the DM ballparks it because the map doesn't have perfect distance measurements and it's a pain to keep track of.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

@Dwarmin - can I ask, what languages in this world would a sailor most likely know? What races are most likely to sail and therefore the PC be likely to have come into contact with? I have two languages to choose.

It's probably one of those ballpark things. My general idea is that Nepathica is a really watery world, and nearly all races sail the oceans to some extent.

That being said, anyone who really spends alot of time on the seas would speak Aquan-the language of elementals, and the trade language of most water dwelling races.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Thanks, I added Aquan. Is there a proficiency in sailing or something for fluff reasons? I took athletics and acrobatics because he can climb up ropes but that's the nearest I got.

Anyway, unless there are any necessary or suggested tweaks I am finished.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

I don't really think Aquan is something people on the waters speak, it's more a thing for the people in the waters :P
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

What will he speak otherwise if he's attacked by mermaids?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

The Language of Love, dear Gigla. The Language of Love.
Love, scriver~

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

German?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

The Language of Love, dear Gigla. The Language of Love.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyway, unless there are any necessary or suggested tweaks I am finished.

Choose your terrible magic item with dire repercussions to it's abuse, and you're finished!

Well.

We still have to solve these dreams, and then we'll move on-guess we're waiting on Scriver. Maybe I'll think of a way to toss Feclan in the final battle.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If anyone wants to know, I offered him three choices-a loot sniffing dagger that attracts people to murder him and steal it, a life-sucking stealth cloak, and a time-stealing belt that will break the universe.

!!Fun!!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a proficiency in sailing or something for fluff reasons?
There is a proficiency in Vehicles (Water), but you already get that and Navigator's tools as a Sailor.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Oh, thanks - I didn't see Sailor as a choice anywhere to take, so... bother. Is it a background? The Criminal background was quite useful to being a rogue.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I thought you took the Sailor background, which is from the PHB. I can PM you the details, if you want.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 66