Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 66

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle OOC (Full up!)  (Read 111917 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle OOC (Full up! Game started)
« Reply #705 on: March 21, 2015, 08:58:04 am »

Well. We need your post KJ!

Also, I'm going to swap out the inspiration points for action points. You guys don't seem to use them very much, or even notice you have them. So let's make it better!

Action Points
Action points are earned during gameplay-I will reward them at will, depending on your actions. You can use as many of them in a turn as you wish to use.

-Good Roleplaying/Of course. Taking the initiative and starting your own roleplaying stories are likely to benefit here-I won't personally start RP's just to reward you with points. Remember, you can use flashbacks (or flashforwards) even during combat-I reward using the narrative tools at your disposal. Being true to your characters personality-even to your detriment-will also be counted.
-Daring/Doing something that impresses or surprises me in gamewill certainly earn you action points.
-Whim/Like a cruel and capricious God, I may issue them at random.

Your action point maximum equals 5 + 1/2 your character level.

Uses
Inspired: Get the advantage on all rolls for the next turn-i.e, roll twice and take best. This can be ANY roll, attack, skill checks or saves.
Weak Spot: Designate one enemy-when you successfully attack this foe, you ignore any of it's damage reduction and it's resists are counted as one tier lower-example, immune enemies (No damage) become merely resistant (half damage). Enemies with no resistance become vulnerable (double damage). Enemies with vulnerability don't get reduced any further, however. Normally, this ability lasts until you drop the enemy, or the end of the combat encounter-some legendary creatures may only have a narrow window to exploit their weak spot, however.
Miraculous Recovery: You can immediately regain 1d10+your level in health points. Additional points past your max gained in this way become temporary HP that never goes away-you have it until you lose it. This can save you from dying.
Arcane Mastery: The next spell you cast costs no spell slot.
Martial Perfection: The next ability you use (i.e, rage, superiority dice) does not expend a use.
Harness Artifact: You can expend a point to immediately attune yourself to a magic item, identify it fully(at no cost), and restore all it's usable charges.
Unbreakable Defense: For the next round, all attacks and spells against you roll at a disadvantage.
Superhuman Reflexes: You immediately increase your initiative count to 20-this can't give you two turns in a round, but you can move your turn up in the order.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 21, 2015, 09:00:13 am »

Hear that lads?

Flashback essays every action!

Also, I did know about them, I just didn't see anything worth using them on...
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 21, 2015, 09:02:02 am »

Also, I did know about them, I just didn't see anything worth using them on...

Party needs moar dragon.

Also, anyone have suggestions as to what we could add to the list?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 21, 2015, 09:05:58 am »

They seem like they could turn boss battles rather trivial with them or impossible without them, in quantity.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 21, 2015, 09:12:09 am »

They seem like they could turn boss battles rather trivial with them or impossible without them, in quantity.

I dunno, aside from weak spot abuse, I don't see how they'd break encounters. Even then, it'd be done with common sense-the whole team could maybe find one weak spot in a dragon, and you'd have one turn to take advantage of it, expending your own action point to join in. And it's not a guaranteed hit, even if you burn another action point.

I'd think I would be more careful giving them out, too. I could even just limit them to one point each, like inspiration points, but I don't really want you guys to feel you're all done if the pay the 'RP tax' for me. :P

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 21, 2015, 09:41:41 am »

Bonus points for RP, you say? Initiate Project Risey Romance!

The only time I can think of where I could've used mine was when I got ko'd by the slime, but since the rest of the party was still up and going I didn't want to use it.
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 21, 2015, 09:47:53 am »

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. There hasn't be a case where it was really needed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 21, 2015, 09:52:58 am »

Also, argh, Akira. Doesn't know how to use cunning action. Has no ranged weapon (despite multiple chances to get one). Doesn't ask for help, ignores my advice. Just stands around doing nothing, even when she could double move, jump across the water, and toss daggers from a safe distance. Or maybe pick up the rope, tie it to a pipe, then run across it superhero style. Or ask Sarco to free the wisps and make a fog cloud for you to hide in, preparing to sneak attack them next round when they approach. Convince Coney that you can work together to try to figure out the progenitor machine. Take a listen or spot action and try to figure out if any more enemies are coming-it's pretty obvious the sahuagin are running away from something. Borrow Sarco's grapple hook and use it as a makeshift reach weapon.

You know? Something?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 21, 2015, 10:02:20 am »

I... can do all that?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 21, 2015, 10:09:50 am »

Don't play with dumb with me. :P

*ruler smack*

All this stuff is available if you if you read the rules. Or ask people. We're all very helpful! Cript loves to help totally clueless players all the time, he told me himself!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 21, 2015, 10:26:59 am »

What makes her uselessness worse is that she's had a opportunity to get ranged weapons, so she could at least contribute. Rogues have simple weapon proficiency, so she could have used either the shortbow or crossbow we captured from the elves with no cost to herself. ._.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 21, 2015, 10:29:05 am »

Or turned one of her bras socks, and a bag of rocks into a sling!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 21, 2015, 10:36:20 am »

I didn't even know that bows were simple weapons now until you guys told me. I have no idea how hiding or running away would be useful in this situation, and what the flying fuck is a 'double move'?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 21, 2015, 10:37:59 am »

You did look at the handbook, right?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 21, 2015, 10:39:30 am »

Yeah, I looked at the stuff that was important to me.

Oh, probably should have read the bits on combat... But combat isn't interesting in comparison to Roleplay...
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 66