Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34

Author Topic: Crownhammers, the #1 undead, murderous bird sanctuary in the world  (Read 68731 times)

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
Re: Crownhammers, the #1 undead, murderous bird sanctuary in the world
« Reply #450 on: May 07, 2015, 02:34:41 pm »

Got it, next time I'm on I'll get you a dwarf!  :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 07, 2015, 03:19:04 pm »

What I generally do for pictures is get the screenshot, put it in Paint or something similar and upload it to Imgur or some other image hosting site. There may be more convenient ways.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Breeso

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Self proclaimed Lord of Awesomness
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 07, 2015, 03:30:49 pm »

Got it, next time I'm on I'll get you a dwarf!  :D

Thank you!  :D I'm gonna write a backstory and stuff later tommorow or so :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:37:45 pm by Breeso »

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 07, 2015, 05:59:44 pm »

Hey guys, what did I mi-

Dammit.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 07, 2015, 06:16:26 pm »

Not a lot, unfortunately. I guess I'll put it down to exams and such being around now, rather than everything just being terrible.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 12, 2015, 08:31:32 pm »

Big update coming tomorrow! So sorry, it's just taking a while to write AND play.  ;) but yes it's almost here and it's pretty cool, I hope/think. ::)
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 13, 2015, 08:11:55 pm »

Chronicles of High Lord Xan

Entry 3:
Just as construction was speeding up three undead ravens attacked MY estate, Crownhammers! The lances spent five days chasing them until I decided to just station them in key points at the site. Digging for the valley flood is continuing on plan and it will be glorious. In other news the secret room in my Tower is fully planned, it will be hidden behind some statues next to the stairs heading up to my office and suit. It seems that there is a borderline obsessive amount of green glass in storage and production. The lashes will continue until those blasted glass furnaces are deconstructed! We will not waste our preciouses time of trifles such as glass! Another pack of Crundles has been heard in the caverns, I might have use for them when my plan for the caverns is realized.

Entry 4: I spent days in my temporary office working on my plans, the meeting with the Goblin is nigh and I still have preparations to make on the Tower. Also I have formalized my plans to create an independent colony in the caverns to spread our-MY sphere of influence. Oh, I lashed three more peasants for getting in my way, the royal guard simply must be made. I think they are getting restless. Oh what would they do without me! My plans for the dungeon have been moved to a new area. Suspended directly over the magma tube, the new dungeons will be attached directly to a support so any and all traitors may burn in Hell if they try anything on me. I will store our caged animals their as to safe guard my fortress.

OOC: Like it so far? Getting the tyrant vibe im going for? :D Oh, um, am I going to be the one who tallies the election when I am done? I am not sure how to do that. Oh and I more up[dates soon, got to finish after all! Anyway, suggestions? And I will add any relevant pictures afterword, Not much has happened other than the ravens, ill get a pic of them next update.

PS: Don't worry, I wouldn't be stupid enough to actually kill any characters!!  :P

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 14, 2015, 07:20:48 am »

I can tally the points once you post the save if you want. You certainly seem to have the tyrant vibe down.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 14, 2015, 07:55:20 am »

Anyway, suggestions?

Can you throw in the dates of Xan's journal updates? It's always nice to know what part of the year we're in. Also, don't forget to dwarf Breeso.

As for the tyrant vibe, you've certainly got that going on. It's interesting how Xan seems to be trying to glorify himself further with each entry.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 14, 2015, 10:21:48 am »

Anyway, suggestions?

Can you throw in the dates of Xan's journal updates? It's always nice to know what part of the year we're in. Also, don't forget to dwarf Breeso.

As for the tyrant vibe, you've certainly got that going on. It's interesting how Xan seems to be trying to glorify himself further with each entry.

Ok thanks for the feed back! I'll be sure to do all that, and I'm going to dwarf Breezo as soon as I get home. I can't believe I forgot!  ;D

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Breeso

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 14, 2015, 12:53:27 pm »

Wow, I feel hurt.  :D Anyways, I'm gonna write background once I get dorfed

Also, can you tell me what profession does Menher have?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 07:36:39 am by Breeso »

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 15, 2015, 06:57:51 pm »

Entry 5:
Ugh! Not enough time, not enough time! Uthroxil is going to be here soon and the practically braindead population is not helping. Some pleb named Menher approached me today to talk. I ordered Mestthos to give the little Troll face a lashing. I think I almost shed a tear, hah! almost, hehe.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
These Elves are getting even more troublesome. I have ordered a secret room  installed above the mess hall. The spy cove will allow me to work in piece and keep them under tabs, it will be hidden behind stone fortifications.Those dimwits will never know that I am seeing everyone of their cult meetings or deals.
Oh an-WAIT! Why?! Wha?
Why is it my estate that is the damp hellhole! My unsuccessful digging maneuvers have minutely flooded down the stairs. Well I'm not cleaning it up. If the peasants want it to be dry than do it on their own! Its even more flooded in levels above it! Why didn't those idiots warn me, I am no stupid dirt digger. I don't know these things. I am a lord!

Wait what? Peasant get out of my way and shut- "Reg and Andromo are under attack by the undead ravens!" The nameless Peasant roared. Oh no. I run up the stairs and out the gate. Their he is! Oh no they is cut all over the place! No! I order the lances, papers, and destined to move in.

Reg has fallen, OH WHAT HAVE I DONE!? the Ravens bit his head clean off! Andromo is running back to us, "Run you fool! RUN!" Our soldiers reach him just in time as our soldiers dispatch all but one of the birds of death. The last one soars high into the air. I dispatch the marskdwarfs to kill the monster and shuffle back into my temporary quarters. All I see is Regs face. Regs dying face, a ace of anguish and pain. Why do I care? He was a dirty cultist, a traitor! He worshipped a whale for Uzols sake! But...How am I better? I am talking to goblins and acting like a trai.......like a traitor. But the Goblin is almost here. And I have to find out.
(Granit 20-23)

OOC: Jeez! The action! :D Oh and I am going for a lot of play time now so I will post more soon! Man this fort is great! (I kind of feel bad about Reg!  :'()

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Breeso

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 20, 2015, 12:05:21 pm »

Diaries of Menher Pulleytribute, merchant of the Matched Silvers

Entry 1:

This is a diary of Menher Pulleytribute, dwarf of the Matched Silvers. Well... I'd say what's left of it, but there's nothing. I live in a capital, and it's not better than anywhere else. Maybe even worse. The puppet king Uzol grew more and more silent each day, as did my nervosity. I've started planning to get out of here, or else I become goblin food. I found out about one outpost that could be a good hiding place from my fellow traders. So I packed everything I had and ventured out of this place. Maybe, not all is lost to the goblins. The Matched Silvers still reside inside every one of us, dwarves.

Entry 2:

After months of long trek after the fall of our kingdom, we have finally arrived near the supposed location of these Crownhammers. It was a long journey full of goblins, insane people of our own kin and many other dangers. But as we were approaching what I was going to call my home, I felt that this journey is either just beginning, or ending very soon. Uh... I hear some birds above us... I think we better shelter and continue tommorow.

Entry 3:

So today, we have approached this... fort. First thing we all saw was a massive wooden structure. I'd think that we accidentaly stumbled at elven outpost if the wood wasn't refined in a way only dwarves do. We approached the thing and finally saw some dwarven faces who weren't trying to kill us or steal from us. At least I thought so. As the "leader" of the group in which was I travelling, I wanted to approach the overseer of this outpost. Unfortunately, it seems that the overseer is a member of some monarchistic group. So he'd probably like to call himself a king, I can imagine. He even shares some of Uzol's traits, like cruelty and ignorance. He ordered his thug to give me a lashing, but what these monarchs don't know is that the majority of ordinary dwarves are used to pain and punishments. It still hurts though...
Apparently, no one here knows that our kingdom is no more existing. And maybe that's right. It could destabilize society that was built in here. But... just you wait, "High Lord", I will get my revenge on you, in the name of Tun... just you wait... my people will be free from despots like him.

OOC: So yay, my first official post. I hope it's alright  :D

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 26, 2015, 08:31:09 pm »

I'm so sorry about the wait, I got hit by Strep or a virus and have been incapacitated. But the big SOLS are over and I am feeling better so yay. Sorry! Oh and Breeso your post was perfect!  :D

Entry 6:
By all the voices in a cultists head this is hard! Construction and digging is too slow and I am running out of time until the meeting! I am ordering all of the lazy slackers who aren't busy to mine and build, but their is just not enough of them an-wait, who is coming!? Listen you twat who IS COMING!!?
"Dwarfs I s'ppose"
The dimwit replies. By god my problem is solved! I'm ordering all of the useless fishers and potash makers that just came here to start digging and building. hurry up everyone! Forge those picks and man the defense stations near the construction site!. For you lord! Oh stop dawdling, yes, we know its raining Elf blood. Deal with it! Ahh yes, 102 Dwarfs all working for me! This is what I am meant to do!

Oh for the love of Armok!
That lazy son of a hamster. Always bragging, what's it this time? I shiny rock he chiseled into a bleeding whale!? That mans insane! That dungeon will be built soon and he, oh he will have a "special" room                   

OOC:I have a grudge, got to stay in character. :) But he is actually pretty awesome...  (did anyone get the Monty Python and the Holy Grail joke? The hamster, im sorry I just had to.  :P

Alright I might as well try out mining myself. Hey you, nameless peasant, this ground seems loose.
"I ave a name, its urist"
I don't give a Trolls tooth.
"Oh ok, and yes it is we shou-AAH! Flublub..."
Wait Im falling in! We all are, AGH!
Bleigh! I'm out! That's it! I am NOT doing any more peasant labor! Its too dangerous for important people. Well its dinner time so I must go and....monitor, the people from my cove.

14th Slate

I have some more pre played but I am trying to have quality writing, is it working? Oh and again its just that Xan is a grouch right now. All characters are great! And really sorry, I am coughing 24/7 with fever! More very soon though.  :D

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 27, 2015, 04:31:14 am »

Er, yeah. I'll get whatever I've missed into the OP soon, I've just been a bit occupied.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34