Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34

Author Topic: Crownhammers, the #1 undead, murderous bird sanctuary in the world  (Read 68742 times)

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
Re: Crownhammers, a succession game of politics, intrigue and backstabs
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2015, 10:50:09 pm »

Can't wait! Good luck.  :)
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2015, 11:07:45 pm »

Requesting reupload: Current save doesn't show up for some reason. I suspect part of it got lost in the transfer.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2015, 12:30:44 am »

I would like to propose a mutual relationship between the Legion and the Might Of Killing. I would back you in elections and you would back me in elections
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2015, 12:57:06 pm »

I'm going to say people aren't allowed to do that because it's incredibly exploity. The Legion will support the Might of Killing for the next election if Xan doesn't want the turn, though.

In other news, Farmers now get +1 for every 15 units of unprepared food, +1 for every ten units of drink and +1 for every five units of prepared food.

Trying save again.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2015, 01:16:14 pm »

How much per mechanism/furniture piece? Right now, Amethyst is her own party, and AFIAK the only mason and mechanic in the fort. Doesn't that mean nearly all of our infrastructure is due to her?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2015, 02:39:48 pm »

Please dorf one of the male children as "Tim" (profession: "Enchanter").  Founder of "The Youth Movement", aimed at creating better treatment of dwarves under twenty through providing basic diagnostic services to all, but actual health-care to members of TYM only.
Motto: "Morituri Nolumus Mori"
Membership requirements:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:48:15 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2015, 02:40:22 pm »

Amethyst is a mason. Her mechanic skill is too low to qualify for the guild, and most of our mechanicing is being handled by one of the Alasts I think, mostly because the bridges and furnaces were taking ages to get set up with only two masons doing other jobs, especially since at least one of them seems to have been on break for the majority of the second half of the year.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2015, 12:37:13 pm »

Looks like the problem is on my end, I'll reinstall DF. Again, appologies for the wait, I'm writing essays while all this is going down.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2015, 01:29:31 pm »

Could someone else check the save to verde if it's working?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2015, 01:55:05 pm »

Works for me. I forgot how quickly a small fort runs - even with fastdwarf active, my dwarves don't move this fast.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2015, 11:18:11 pm »

I think the problem is on my end. Therefore, I'm redownloading DF and trying again. If this doesn't work, I'll hand off to the next biggest party (which, if I remember correctly, is 4mask). I think my DF copy is fucked up in some way, because the filesize is currently way smaller than it should be.

EDIT: It works.  I'll commence my turn tomorrow.

As of course is customary, I shall now critique the preceding player's turn and not give them credit for any good things they've done.

First off, damn that is a FUCKLOAD of chopped wood lying about on the surface. Urist McWoodcutter is desperate to win an election for the underappreciated woodcutter's guild.

Security topside is good - only problem I have is that the atom-smasher area has no roof, and can't be sealed except with a door. If we get a flying titan, it can path into the fort. This is a bad thing that might make the fort entertaining and not just dry and hyper-competent. I must fix it immediately. Security in the caverns could be improved - currently something can path into the fort from the magma sea, and we're wide open for anything that can avoid a cage trap (or anything that comes after 2 other cages traps have been triggered). I have plans for upgrading this.

Basically; I'll disengage our current infinite mining pattern and focus on expanding the fort proper; making it secure and comfortable, etc. If anyone has any requests (other than 4mask's Guild Hall) you should probably state them now.

EDIT: To be completely honest, our current design makes little sense to me. I'm considering abandoning the upper fortress and carving out a new fortress just above the caverns. Maybe that's being overly ambitious with 22 dwarves...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 11:53:28 pm by MDFification »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2015, 11:50:29 pm »

Hehehe watch as every leader of the fortress just goes through and rebuilds the entire fortress because they don't like the way the last guy did it.  As long as you leave everything previous intact and just move loose items and whatnot, that could actually be a really cool idea for a succession fort: everyone has one year to move the fortress to another location and seal off the old fortress areas with locked doors and hatches, but you can't modify anything in the old fortress area (except digging, you can dig all you want in it.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2015, 11:55:10 pm »

Not gonna lie, I'm not feeling terribly enthusiastic about this. Maybe it's just my OCD... I'm not sure why, but the fort as it is now just feels really wrong to me. I'm actually considering not taking the turn.

I'll let you know tomorrow what I choose - I'm too tired to think right now. Maybe I'm being a little premature.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2015, 01:19:14 am »

I would like to request 4 barracks rooms with 10 armour stands, 10 weapon racks, 10 beds and 10 chests each room, and 1 to have 10 archery targets. In return The Might Of Killing will support you next election
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2015, 02:21:12 am »

How's Ęgir doing, any more birds try to tear her face off? Found any bees?
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34