Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Roll to reign  (Read 4576 times)

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to reign
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2015, 01:49:36 am »

Joining the game:
An Island Republic!
Merchant Republic Milanesi ,Commanded by  Doge Gino Esposito, Master Craftsman, builder of Canals and lagoon islands. It is the most Urban and forward thinking republic in the realm. They are currently under the influence of a curse for having scoffed at a fortune teller who offered to read tarrot for the king. (2)
OELM

Imperium of Meso: Cramulus Scythenrus declares recently made maps to be false.  The search for more competent map makers continues. Order is restored and as a bonus the undesireables have lost land to the allies of the state! (5-1)
It is also declared that lands claimed by citizens outside the state are tax free, original landowners are to benefit from compensation claims and there are financial rewards attacking hostile kingdoms expanding into IOM borders. Attempted claims are filed in record numbers!(6-1)
Guilds are now assigned stewards from the most successful shops. Unfortunately the most successful shops are crooked. Profits are embezzled.(3-2)
Politika Arbitium is established to uphold order. They are effective but instill fear and loss of moral in the people (6-2).

Kingdom of Angerverland: King Oleg Braun sets a minimum quota for tax exemptions from his business sector. The loophole is closed. Treasure rolls back in to the kingdoms coffers (5+2). He organizes a vote for one of the  imprisoned to be pardoned. Every citizen gets to choose which one. All others are trialed for high treason. The vote is  successful in generating public support for King Braun. Previous claims of tyrant behavior have been retracted. The citizens clear one innocent man of charges by vote. The others are found guilty of treason by a royal court. The people demand the guilty traitors necks be stretched.(4+1).

Also you acronym is EOML

Colony of Tamaran: Queen Kanoshvaloo  wishes to answer any questions of the Farret'ai clerics in the interest of open dialogue.

ELOM

Country of Laevetain: Mage-Queen Sodia Talmanari: Orders a royal survey for locations of metals for mines using dwarves, as well as lumber sources but it is reported that laevetain is rich only in vast quantities of talented mages, rock and snow (1-1)
Agree to purchase much-needed wood (for airships, mostly) and perhaps some surplus food as a formal trade agreement with the Kingdom of Dolvic. In exchange, offer to sell them weapons, as well as some of our *captive monsters for the purposes of study to give their military and learned class a better idea of what to expect.*

(*You will have to order some monsters captured*)

For Ishval itself, organize a sweeping inspection of the capital's emergency preparation protocols— This action leads to a hysteria among the local officials, they demand more funding for security measures, they are quite over-zealous in their plans (6-1)

Also you gained airship tech last turn.

Governing preferences: LMOE

The country of Farett'ai: Highfather Geran establishes the Grand Mystic position to investigate arcane matters, and determine how best to bring magic within the teachings of Farret. He Appoints to this position one of his best scholars. An incredibly powerful magic is discovered in Farett'ai (6+2)
He prays now to Farret for guidance and safety in his coming journey.(PM)

OMLE

Ukran: King Corin makes preperation for his royal guests. Unfortunately ancient and well respected sage looks into the scattered bowels of a slaughtered mountain ox to divine the outcome of the future gathering and determines the banquet will bring about disaster for Ukran. The ctizens refuse to take part in the preparations. Your people watch you carefully to see how you handle this situation, some even suspect your motives.(2-1)

MLOE

The Kingdom of Dolvic: King Mariv has created a police force in each city to look out for corruption and report it to the regular army. The people are opressed. Even now groups meet in secret and talk about over throwing the king. Many subjects flee to the kingdom of Jecin.(1-1).
The academies now cut their frivilous spending and even begin to produce some income (3+2)
Your efforts on organizing training do little except to squander the time of masters who would have been better put to use simply working.(3-2)
Public bath houses prove popular and profitable. Their heavy use makes rich bath house managers which makes the kingdom rich. (3+2)
Propaganda encouraging production and hard work is created. People only see it as another government opression (1+1)
King Mariv opens a competition for the best feat of magic or engineering shown is rewarded with funding for projects or research as well as housing subject to royal review, but there are no inspiring entries received.(5-2)
You accepted a trade agreement with Laevetain. You can read the post. Unfortunately they lack the natural resources part of the deal. You will receive weapons of the Laevetain military, not sure about the mages or monsters though. You will export wood and surplus food to them.

ELMO

The kindom of Jecin receives some migrant merchants from KoD looking for a life of freedom and a ruler that helps them in their trading business. King Ghouj pens a letter to advisors about maybe armoring the beach cities and giving them until his return from Ukran to investigate. Makes preparations for the journey.

OELM

Also: Anyone who has not said if they are or aren't going to Ukran could you please post that now before you post your next turn?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:01:26 am by chokepoint »
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2015, 03:36:32 am »

Accept the King of Ukran's invitation, and continue the reforms.
ELOM
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 03:41:20 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2015, 05:26:18 am »

Gino, Grit the Cruse does the The Repbuilc does best, Trade

Open Trade Port and  fleet basing rights to these three place

Colony of Tamaran,Imperium of Meso,Country of Laevetain.

To see Check to Council of 12  Merchant families and the Assemblies, To see any political clouds.

and Get Adviser to my money when need it

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
  • I only accept the finest cans
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 08:57:00 am »

Write a quick letter to king Corin saying I will be there sometime soon. Order the shipyards to prepare my Ship. Send a letter to the merchant families saying 'You will each recieve 10 acres of shoreside lands and a small  mine, but you will have to give 5% of your profits to the government. If you do not accept this deal, you may take one of the empty houses in the shoreside city of Echrinden, which is located On this spot of the island. (There is a map of the island with a dot on Echrinden.)   
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 10:07:12 am by LORD GOAT THE 120524TH »
Welcome to Bay 12. Drop off your soul in the collection plate on the left.-Remuthura

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2015, 09:43:15 am »

Send out trade agreements to all embassies.
Arrange for my heir to be presented to the court.
Start a grant system for researchers, where a researcher discovers something, he is granted a large amount of money. The government patents all of the new inventions for the Crown.

EOML
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2015, 10:25:32 am »

To the Beautiful Queen Kanoshvaloo
The interest of my clerics was in understanding the indigenous peoples living in your land. Reports have circulated that they have been creating problems for you, and my clerics were interested in whether or not the origin of these problems lay in their beliefs. Worship of Farret is far older than Farret'ai itself, and early on it divided into any number of smaller cults. No action would be taken, of course without your approval, but it is possible that at least a portion of the peoples on your land are tied to our god. If you could please provide us with a brief summary of their religion, we would be much obliged.

I will undergo the ritual prescribed by the Grand Mystic. Three inquisitors will accompany me in armor, along with the Grand Mystic himself.

The Grand Procurator will go to Dolvic and then to Milanesi to seek advice on our economic woes.

OMLE
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2015, 11:30:20 am »

I appreciate the sentiment, Nosaneinme, but Laevetain is a land-locked nation. The only way to reach it with such vehicles would be via airships, which only we have right now. Also, checkpoint, I'm confused; was my attempt to tell if Ishval's disaster preparation measures were solid successful, or no? Because all you said was that 'local officials now want funding'. Do you mean officials inside Ishval, only? Or those in other cities as well? Did my government's search really uncover that many problems?

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2015, 11:45:02 am »

Dolvic will accept any trade agreements

They will also have 3 days of festivities to calm the people down

Furthermore the police force will be replaced with volunteers from the city's.

Then there will now be local councils in each city who are voted in by the city's population. The local council will then vote which person among them will become my advisor for their city.

I will also be willing to fund small businesses that seem promising but need money to start up.

To high father Geran
We will help with your economy as long as you help organising things in Delvic.
And help with are magic.

ELMO
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:59:25 pm by Generally me »

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2015, 12:41:08 pm »

THE IMPERTOR ANNOUNCES TODAY THAT NOW, YOU MUST PAST 2 TESTS TO BE STEWARD. ONE FOR ADMINISTRATION OF YOUR GUILDS TYPE OF SHOP. AND ANOTHER ONE SECRET. ((AKA, PMING WHAT IT IS)) ALSO, WE SHALL REMIND YOU THAT WE ONLY RECOMENDED THE OWNERS OF MOST SUCCESSFUL SHOPS AS THE STEWARDS.

TO THE IDIOTIC ELVES OF DOLVICNot from the imperator himself
HOW DARE YOU COPY OUR ESTEAMED AND AWSOME CITY OF MESO'S BATHING CHAMBERS!!! YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR CRIMES OF COPYCATING!!!! WE WILL INVADE ALL OF YOU!!! 

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2015, 01:13:01 pm »

HOW DARE YOU COPY OUR ESTEAMED AND AWSOME CITY OF MESO'S BATHING CHAMBERS!!! YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR CRIMES OF COPYCATING!!!! WE WILL INVADE ALL OF YOU!!! 
[/b]

Is this an action or a threat

If action then:

Start contacting mercenary ships and hire them to join my fleet so when imperator takes to the sea we can defeat him

if not

send a letter back calling him a big dumbo Apolgize that we stole his bathtubs

actually hire some mercenary ships to patrol the seas then if they find any fleets I'll hire a more mercenaries to kill it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:12:16 pm by Generally me »

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2015, 01:28:59 pm »

Bring my people together for a discussion over the Feast.

"Ukran, understand that the gods have warned us of disaster! However, we must also understand disaster is not a making of fate, rather a making of foolish action! Whatever may happen, it must be from our own foolishness! So what do we do? We must be on our highest gaurd. Check our ingredients thrice over for poison, be wary of spoilt meat, and have absolute care towards our guests. The gods have given us a warning, so let us heed it. I shall oversee that Ukran's guests come and leave safely. You all oversee yourselves."

Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2015, 01:30:32 pm »

[/b]

Is this an action or a threat

If action then:

Start contacting mercenary ships and hire them to join my fleet so when imperator takes to the sea we can defeat him

if not

send a letter back calling him a big dumbo Apolgize that we stole his bathtubs
"What??? WHAT DID YOU DO THIS TIME CAM!!!!

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2015, 03:08:55 am »

To the Beautiful Queen Kanoshvaloo
The interest of my clerics was in understanding the indigenous peoples living in your land. Reports have circulated that they have been creating problems for you, and my clerics were interested in whether or not the origin of these problems lay in their beliefs. Worship of Farret is far older than Farret'ai itself, and early on it divided into any number of smaller cults. No action would be taken, of course without your approval, but it is possible that at least a portion of the peoples on your land are tied to our god. If you could please provide us with a brief summary of their religion, we would be much obliged.

I will undergo the ritual prescribed by the Grand Mystic. Three inquisitors will accompany me in armor, along with the Grand Mystic himself.

The Grand Procurator will go to Dolvic and then to Milanesi to seek advice on our economic woes.

OMLE

Well, Tamaran's religion is a mix of traditional beliefs, which includes worshipping nature, and is mainly animism, but is mixed with monotheistic religions,from the former slaves, who worship the "Love Goddess". Because of this, family is very important to them.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2015, 03:16:52 am »

Gino, Grit the Cruse does the The Repbuilc does best, Trade

To see Check to Council of 12  Merchant families and the Assemblies, To see any political clouds.

and Get Adviser to my money when need it
Accept the proposal from the Merchant Republic Milanesi.
OOC: Tamaran, I feel, would probably be among the Africa-equivalent's coast.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2015, 12:26:59 pm »

This is... troubling. A shortage of natural resources, and clans across my kingdom jealously guarding their skilled people and secrets... Hmm.

P.S: checkpoint has confirmed the results of my action for me via PM, so I'm gonna go ahead and post.

Ishval, our capital, has perfectly sound disaster preparation protocols in place, but now other cities are in hysteria and demanding additional funding to go overboard with their own plans. In response, the Kingdom will hold a Municipal Defense Council Summit in Ishval, headed by none other than Mage-Queen Sodia Talmanari herself, with the chairman of the Ministry of Defense (the ones responsible for regulating and pooling military and emergency resources from all municipalities across Laevetain) to advise. The current plans of each major city will be reviewed, measured against a working model (Ishval), and any necessary resources pooled and re-allocated to assist them in revamping these plans. Hopefully the presence of the Queen will help bring reason and mutual understanding to this situation.

Evaluate the long-term cost-effectiveness of airship technology. If we can put a model into production to galvanize trade and distribution between cities, then do so, and prepare the necessary infrastructure and landing facilities to support said airships. If not, and it will simply put undue strain on our current resources, postpone all such building plans.

Order Royal Army to send out armed patrol parties of about a hundred men each closer and closer to monster lands. If we have Battlemages by now, each group should have at least one or two trained in the use of binding and holding spells, for the purposes of capturing monsters for study and trade. Glory to the Queen!

LMOE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4