Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Roll to reign  (Read 4573 times)

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
  • I only accept the finest cans
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to reign
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 12:38:14 pm »

((Could I join or are there no more spots))
Welcome to Bay 12. Drop off your soul in the collection plate on the left.-Remuthura

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 01:04:20 pm »

Spots are always open. There are no unexplored regions, they are just spawned in when a new player joins. Just submit your kingdom's character sheet and I'll add it to the game. You can only have one kingdom at a time though.
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2015, 01:44:37 pm »

Ruler Name: King Ghouj
Ruler Description: A man of about 30 that when compared to other people of his age, looks weak. His strength lies in his brain however and if someone messes with him or his people he usually fixes it with diplomacy. Lawful neutral.
Kingdom Name: Jecin
Geography and Climate: A temperate island near the mainland. It is relatively flat although the island is almost completely surrounded by cliffs making the few people that live on beaches fairly rich.
Population Description: Mostly humans and dwarves with a few orcs who decided to colonize the island for varios reasons, the most common one being the island's metals.
Governance:
1.Organization
2.Economy
3.Leadership
4.Military
Welcome to Bay 12. Drop off your soul in the collection plate on the left.-Remuthura

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2015, 01:45:27 pm »

King Mariv shall offer formal trade agreements to any country who wishes to have them as well investing some money into different academies e.g mage, merchant, officer, soldier and research

Then if possible start funding research into new branches of magic and technology
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 01:50:42 pm by Generally me »

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2015, 05:22:15 pm »

Imperium of Meso: Cramulus Scythenrus Decrees a system of guilds to restore order to the markets and improve prosperity. The market values increase as the guildsare attempted to be implemented(3+1) but they ultimately fail to form as their masters couldn't organize a piss-up at a brewery(2-2), giving only temporary benefit. Market warfare of old was a jovial commradery compared to the state that exists now!
The second decree of tax on land taken from inside the imperium brings a good return to the treasury of the imperium (2+1). However it results in near civil war once again The land borders mapped by imperium are "screwed up" by cartographers in the employ of certain royal families granting them extra land (1-2). Scythernus'  leadership Holds the peace and restores order but not without a heavy amount of bloodshed(6-1).

Kingdom of Angerverland: King Oleg Braun in his fortress at Warschborg lowers property taxes for entrepreneurs to encourage production of craft buildings. The program is an astounding success but it comes with some abuses as over 90% of the kingdoms enterprises now declare themselves engaged in the buisness of "caft buildings". The action of Imprison all remaining members of the previous regime who didn't repent and executing them for treason is a disaster (1-2)! The people see you as a blood thirsty tyrant equal to the last and see this action as a move to threaten any that oppose you with the same fate. There is unrest!

Colony of Tamaran: Queen Kanoshvaloo has declared the majestic Teshmir her glorious capital. She has generously given back some ancestral lands to the natives and tensions are eased, they commemerate her generous actions by re-naming the sacred returned areas Kaninia(5+1).She has written a charter of rights giving equality and abolishing slavery. Former slavers are rounded up and imprisoned. The slaves abandon their grudges and paint beautiful murals of her likeness on the city walls. All heavy-handedness is forgiven(5+1).

Country of Laevetain: Mage-Queen Sodia Talmanari from the capital of Ishval creates the the Royal Guild of Battlemages (RGB), setting a standard of training and a rigid set of qualifications for those who may join.  The guild is implemented with success. Mages flock to the cities in hopes of joining (5-1). She also promotes the development of of airships/hot air balloons whereby the winner wins an important monument dedicated to them. It inspires her engineers and amazing designs begin to pour in. It will be tough to select a winner (3+2).

The country of Farett'ai: Highfather Geran has created the position of Grand Procurator and appointed a high ranking member of the church named Eli Kerajaan (2+2). The Grand Procurator with a reputation of highly prized divine wisdom has been tasked to report on Koren resources, the degree to which they are utilized, and an investigative section on potential new resources. He has been troubled by this task and has spent more hours in prayer than gathering the information since it plain to see the Koren are economically weak compared to their neighbours. He prays for mercy in delivering this grim report to Highfather Geran. It is titled "the darkest hours of Farett'ai" (4-2).

Ukran: King Corin, displaying confidence and hospitality sends his messengers with an invitation to neighboring nations to attend a banquet and a viewing of a gladiatorial game.

The Kingdom of Dolvic: King Mariv offers formal trade agreements to any country who wishes to have them. The Kingdom of Dovic begins investing  some of its enormous wealth in developing multitude of academies including mage, merchant, officer, soldier and research professions but sadly it turns into a money pit (1-2). Some of that has also begun funding research into new branches of magic and technology, again the project descends into a mess. The kingdom seriously lacks the proper infrastructure. Mages and engineers are beginning to head for Laevetain while merchants from as far away as Farett'ai migrate to seek new commerce opportunities in your land.(2-2).

And Behold! The kingdom of Jecin: Ruled by king Ghouj. Here is an island kingdom that rivals the Kingdom of Dovic but also highly organized. Prized for it's gifts in ore, humans, dwarves and even some orcs have claimed this island as their home. (4)

Hey guys, if you could include at the bottom of every post the acronym for your Governance pref's  that would really help. Examples -ELMO OEML, LMEO etc...

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 05:38:31 pm by chokepoint »
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2015, 05:47:36 pm »

FIRSTLY, WE DECLARE ALL RECENTLY MADE MAPS TO BE FALSE AND UNTRUE.  WE WILL LOOK INSIDE THE IMPERIUM MORE NOW FOR MAP MAKERS.

WE ALSO REMIND THE CITIZENS THAT EXPANSION OUTSIDE OF THE IMPERIUM IS TAX FREE, AND THAT THE LAW STATES THAT THE ORIGINAL  LAND OWNER IS TO BE COMPENSATED FOR THE LAND, NOT US. WE MAY EVEN GRANT MONEY TO THOSE WHO ATTACK KINGDOMS SUSPECTED OF TRYING TO TAKE OVER OUR LANDS.

ESTABLISH A NEW RANK IN THE GUILDS, THE 'STEWARD'. THESE PEOPLE HANDLE THE FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OF THE GUILDS, AND WE RECOMMEND THE OWNER OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL SHOP IN THE GUILD BE THE STEWARD.

ALSO, TO LOWER OPEN WARFARE IN THE LAND, A NEW THING SHALL BE ESTABLISHED. THE POLICIKA ARBITIUM. THESE WILL UPHOLD ORDER IN THE LAND(OR AT LEAST THE TOWNS AND CITIES). SOMETIMES THEY WILL UPHOLD THE LAW. BUT THEY SHOULD JUST TRY TO KEEP THE CONFLICTS FROM GETTING TOO CHAOTIC AND TO PREVENT MASSIVE COLLAPSE OF THE IMPERIUM.

THE IMPERATOR WILL ALSO BE HEADING WITH HIS ENTOURAGE TO THE RECENTLY ANNOUNCED BANQUET, BRINGING SOME OF THE GLORIOUS CITY OF MESO'S FINEST CHICKEN WITH HIM. ALSO HIS PERSONAL BODYGUARD REGIMENT, MADE UP OF THE MOST TRUSTWORTHY ACQUAINTANCES OF THE IMPERATOR.
HAIL IMPERATOR!!! 

MELO
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 06:57:17 pm by poketwo »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2015, 05:53:08 pm »

Sent a PM.
ELOM
Ain't nobody got time for that.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2015, 06:13:23 pm »

Only buildings that produce 16 coins' worth goods each month may profit from the lowered taxes.

Organize a vote for one of the  imprisoned to be pardoned. Every citizen gets to choose which one. All others are trialed for high treason.

ANGD
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2015, 06:42:04 pm »

Whilst preparing for the banquet, join a hunting party to find a large dire beast for the feast. Request for extra grain work and distilling. This will pause training for a few days. Then celebration can begin!
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2015, 06:43:17 pm »

Create a medium sized police force in each city to look out for corruption and report it to the regular army to sort out when they find some.

Cut the funding to the research and academies and tell them I'm sure you can cope with the amount i have already given.

After that start investing a medium amount of money into different projects around the cities like schools were people will learn from the age of 8 to 14. As well as hiring different skilled practitioners to teach in them. And building things like public bathes. Also put up posters encouraging people to work hard for the good of the nation(propaganda so my people love me and their nation, nothing to bad though). And competitions were the best feat of magic or engineering shown is rewarded with funding for any projects or research they want to do, though it has to be reviewed by me to see if it's Legit we will also give them their own house outside a major town to encourage them to stay in Dolvic.

To The Mage Queen
We would be willing to help with your economy if you would be willing to help with our military and lack of mages .

Agree to the deal from the Mage queen

ELMO

((Should I make my turn shorter I.e less specific))
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:34:36 am by Generally me »

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2015, 06:44:25 pm »

Send a letter to my advisors saying something along the line of 'Considering Ghouj is so rich in metal and we lack a military, I was thinking we should Armor-Plate the beach cities of Ghouj to protect our people from pirates and the like. Please give me your opinion on the matter once I return'. Also start preparing to go to the banquet.

OELM
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 07:26:51 pm by LORD GOAT THE 120524TH »

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2015, 06:59:38 pm »

Create a medium sized police force in each city to look out for corruption and report it to the regular army to sort out when they find some.

Cut the funding to the research and academies and tell them I'm sure you can cope with the amount i have already given.

After that start investing a medium amount of money into different projects around the cities like schools were people will learn from the age of 8 to 14. As well as hiring different skilled practitioners to teach in them. And building things like public bathes. Also put up posters encouraging people to work hard for the good of the nation(propaganda so my people love me and their nation, nothing to bad though). And competitions were the best feat of magic or engineering shown is rewarded with funding for any projects or research they want to do, though it has to be reviewed by me to see if it's Legit we will also give them their own house outside a major town to encourage them to stay in Dolvic.

To The Mage Queen
We would be willing to help with your economy if you would be willing to help with our military and lack of mages .

ELMO

((Should I make my turn shorter I.e less specific))
YOU DARE TRY TO MIMIC THE IMPERIUM'S BATHING CHAMBERS???? SHAME ON YOU INFERIORS.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2015, 12:20:41 am »

Survey locations for new mines for iron and other precious metals (easier with dwarves), as well as any viable lumber sources closer to the monster-infested lands. Build at least one fort to house troops in that location, with a fair-sized landing area within the walls for balloons and small airships, for if and when we are lucky enough to develop one that can haul heavy loads over rough terrain. Make me proud, engineers! Anyway, if such vital resources are found, offer incentives to the relevant guilds and clans throughout the kingdom to seek their fortune under the full protection of the Royal Army.

Agree to purchase much-needed wood (for airships, mostly) and perhaps some surplus food as a formal trade agreement with the Kingdom of Dolvic. In exchange, offer to sell them our surplus stores of high-grade metals and maybe even weapons, as well as some of our captive monsters for the purposes of study to give their military and learned class a better idea of what to expect.

For Ishval itself, organize a sweeping inspection of the capital's emergency preparation protocols—the planned courses of action for situations of plague, mass riots, enemy invasion, dragon attack, etc. Ensure that these plans still remain solid, that the local municipal authorities are capable of handling things in a crisis, and that a strong chain of command is in place to keep a tight rein on panic. If any problems are found here, we may need to look into the other cities as well.

Governing preferences: LMOE

((Sorry, Generally me, but I don't think we can offer you any direct support right now. I have to ensure that Laevetain's borders are solid before looking to other countries. I'd love to get my hands on some wood, though! Then we'll party all night long. We'll even bring friends! Maybe the few monsters we can send over can show you how it's done. Don't worry, we'll make sure your guys have plenty of nice thick rods in hand in case they get out of control. A nice old-fashioned (to the head) will calm them riiiight down.))
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 12:39:11 am by Xvareon »

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2015, 01:32:47 am »

Ruler Name: Doge of Milanesi, Gino Esposito

Ruler Description:The Leader of most serene republic, He was Born Common of the City but Raise from rank lowly Craftman into Doge of Merchant Republic, How? you make ask well republic was built with social mobility because this republic that those want get most gold because Gino was very skilled at this, The answer become quite simple and Childhood was very standed city-life of Milanesi, Was Craftman when was 13 year, Now he is 35 and climbing

Geography and Climate: A temperate island near the mainland and that is with lagoon and Island itself was  artificially made with canals and lagoon host many other island make an republic like this very viable, island is flat and filled with canals and island  is completely urban

Population Description:Half are human, The other half is all kind of race, Very  multicultural and Urban culture

Governance:It Republic based Trading that meritocracy based on how much money that you can make

1.Organization:[NEED HELP]

2.Economy:Very good, It has kind has to be. Also very based trade and crafting because island has no natural goods

3.Leadership:It goes something like these, You have Doge who most power but limited somewhat, The 12 Merchant families, Roman-equse assemblies

4.Military:[NEED HELP]

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2015, 01:21:51 pm »

To the Most Gracious King Corin
Geran will of course accept the invitation Ukran, and hopes to learn more of their customs and leadership.

To the Wise King Maric of Dolvic
Farret'ai is in need of economic help, though it may have undiscovered resources. Consider this as an invitation to visit our fine land and audit our economic resources. In exchange for the identification of resources we can tap, we will preferentially trade with you. I am sure, with the guidance of Farret, we can reach a mutually beneficial contract.

I will visit Corin with only a few guards.

Grand Procurator Eli is to continue evaluating our economic resources. Remind him that piety must direct action, and Farret is not pleased by those who lose themselves in prayer when he calls for action.

Establish the Grand Mystic position to investigate arcane matters, and determine how best to bring magic within the teachings of Farret. Appoint to this position one of our best scholars.

I pray now to Farret for guidance and safety in my coming journey.

OMLE
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4