Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160323 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #1005 on: May 14, 2015, 10:57:00 am »

Weapon sharpness dramatically increases past 0 level. It's not really a major concern and all the low rank monsters (with the exception of Basarios) are really easy to *penetrate* if you catch my drift.

Nudge nudge wink wink.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 14, 2015, 11:05:55 am »

Be sure to use a gunlance (or switchaxe) if you want that explosive climax.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 14, 2015, 11:20:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 14, 2015, 11:23:43 am »

Once again I find myself wishing I could "like" posts.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 14, 2015, 01:16:36 pm »

Insufficient thrusting.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 14, 2015, 07:34:34 pm »

Oh man, I'm so happy. I managed to find a +5 spirit, +3 sharpness charm.

Prior to this my main offensive set (or the set I use like 50% of the time) was a subpar Challenger +2, Latent Power +2, Honed Blade, and Razor Sharp set. It's terrible simply because Challenger and Latent Power don't stack and if you're in G-rank, the only time you'll see Latent Power proc is when the enemy is running away. So basically Latent Power is useless if combined with the superior Challenger.

Now I have Challenger +2, Honed Blade, Latent Power +1 (can't fit anything else), Artillery Novice, and Razor Sharp. With just Artillery Novice alone, my dps has gone up around 30%. It's really weird how artillery scales with CB. It's 30% extra damage for novice, 35% for expert, and 40% for god. So novice is basically what you want to get all the time.

Honestly I'm hoping one day I'll come across a charm that's like... +5 edgemaster, +12 artillery.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 14, 2015, 09:27:25 pm »

Sweet. The best thing I could find was Spirit +5 OOO, which is basically that but needs a Razor Jewel 3 to get the same effect as yours, which will take a point off Handicraft, which will lead to much frustration.

By the way, anyone got a Gore Magala guild quest? I'm specifically looking for one that has any armor series C, D, or F for legs. Weapon bias or whether it's Original, Freedom, or Tri doesn't matter as long as it's legs and C/D/F. I can't exactly post everything in my quest pool easily and have it still be readable, so if you need anything in return, just ask and I'll see if I have it and/or notify you if I get it.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 15, 2015, 10:20:22 pm »

Alright, I've been an avid charge blade user up until now, but the bow has won me over. No sharpness to worry about? Check. Versatility? A bunch. Range? Longer than the damn charge blade, that's for sure.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 15, 2015, 11:01:45 pm »

Now use HBG and watch things melt before your ridiculous DPS.

I thought I'd rank what I personally think are the hardest monsters in the game. Mostly cause I'm bored. So, this is after... 1000 hunts or so.

1. GQ140 Apex Rajang - Fuck this guy. I hate him. I'm pretty sure fighting him involves memorizing his patterns or whatever but for the life of me I can't bloody fight him. I have a specialized 100% anti-Rajang set just for him that counters everything he does and I still die half the time to this massive asshole. I've also killed 40 Rajangs and have no problems until this GQ140 Apex Rajang shows his face. Hate him so much. The fact that he's the best source for Apex gem L is the worst part.

2. GQ140 Apex Deviljho - Hoooooleee shittttt. Infinity HP combined with that stupid Apex bouncing shit and the fact that every single one of his attacks can OHKO. He's actually not too bad once you get the hang of it simply because he's pretty slow. I think trying to fight this guy without a shield or evasion+3 is suicide though. Also need tremor res or you'll spend the entire fight stunned. To give an idea how long it takes to kill him, the only time I've managed to beat him it took 12 - 18 wyvernfires, two sleepbombs, one paralysis, two mounts, four poisons, two pitfall traps, and two stun traps. We knocked it out of Apex 7 times. SEVEN. The group was two gunlances, my blast charge blade, and a LBG. It takes forever.

3. GQ140 S. Magala - I swear to god the only reason I have this guy lower than Apex Jho is because he doesn't take an hour to kill. Fighting this guy is crazy. It's like explosion central, next exit explosion alley. Everything explodes. And unlike the other Magala fights, there's no delay between multiple explosions. So he can trololol triple blow you up and instacart you. Many times when fighting him I just want to cry in a corner.

4. Super Ukanlos - Fuck. This. Guy. I bet everyone who goes into this fight is like "meh, it's just another Ukanlos." Ha... ha... ha...

5. Rusted Kushala Daora - This guy isn't really hard so much as he is frustrating. I think he's just so bloody annoying to fight. He spends the entire fight flying around at hypersonic speed shooting one hit kill blasts. Then all your attacks constantly bounce off him if you actually can hit him. Oh, and if you don't poison him, good luck trying to hit him at all. I don't know if there's a GQ140 version but if there is it's probably super ass.

6. Shah Dalamadur - Uuuuuughhhh.... I hate this boss. I hate the fact that you need to fight him solo so you actually have a chance to mine his asteroids. I hate that in the final 30% hp, he will spam super asteroids nonstop. You can easily spend 1/2 hour fighting him only to get triple carted at the final 5 minutes of the fight. 60% of the random hunts I've joined ended like that cause his final mode is so lame.

7. GQ140 Yian Garuga - I swear to god this thing has no business being this bloody strong. Why is he so strong?! Why does he have so many moves with no delay? Poison, fire, wind, roars. I think the Chameleos armor was invented solely for this guy.

8. Savage Deviljho - Sometimes I honestly think this guy is stronger than regular Apex Deviljho. Normal Apex Jho can't actually kill me. Savage Jho totally does. He kills me all the time. I don't even know why. The worst part is that right now you can only fight him in rare expeditions, which makes farming him really annoying.

9. Frenzied Brachydios - I don't like fighting this guy. He's way too fast and he constantly homes in on you. Thank god the chaotic version is super easy.

10. Renoplos - Fuck him so much.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 15, 2015, 11:32:23 pm »

What's your opinion on Super Gog? The normal one was bad enough for me, so I don't even want to touch the amped-up version.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 15, 2015, 11:49:13 pm »

I didn't even realize it was a super version until someone told me later. Felt the same to me. He's fairly easy and becomes a cakewalk if you have a good mounter on your team. If you bring dragon element, you will blow through him pretty quick.

I think it's kinda important to have someone on the cannon with artillery god. It does big damage and is one of the faster ways to dislodge the dragonator. The demolisher is also very useful.

Fighting him on the ground involves a lot of moving around. A weapon with good mobility like the great sword or IG is recommended due to how much moving Gog does. Again, you want dragon element if possible as it doubles your damage basically. Gunning can be okay, but you have to watch for the one shot kills. Also you need pierce as the other attacks don't work on the parts of him that has slime.

The only real attack you should be worried about is the slime into supernova combo that he can do. It doesn't happen often but once in awhile he will drop slime on you then instantly shoot you with the charging laser thing. It's guaranteed death unless you instantly cleanse it off then superman dive. Other than that all his moves have huge tells and take forever to execute. Not to mention if you are using blademaster armor, you shouldn't be dying too often as only the supernova can OHKO.

When he flies, either run to the next screen and wait for awhile or shoot him with the binders. Usually the one-shot-binder will bring him down but sometimes you need to use both that binder and the one on the ground. And sometimes it doesn't work at all. No idea why. I recommend just leaving the screen though.

On the difficulty scale, I'd put him around the same level as Chameleos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 16, 2015, 12:37:34 am »

This game has quickly won me over. I think the point where I realised I was in love was when I ordered a meal from the street cook for the first time. D'awww little kitty cat-people so adorable eeeeee.

Now I think I'll have to make a trip into the city just to streetpass some people with the game. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 16, 2015, 12:39:56 am »

That's not as necessary anymore now that you can get guild cards online =D

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 16, 2015, 12:43:23 am »

Well, I can use streetpass hits in other games as well. Also it's more fun.
And I kinda need to go into the city anyways, haha.

I managed to have a couple of successful online hunts yesterday, that was pretty satisfying.
Oh and then I tried a third one with another group, but got disconnected. Alas.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 16, 2015, 12:46:49 am »

Unlocked g1 now, hr uncapped and such. Am somehow vastly annoyed that I have this bizarre amount of points needed to rank up and no idea how to fix it. Currently at 2847 to rank up. This odd number of points needed has persisted ever since I unlocked the feature in the first place, since obviously at this point everything gives out points in increments of 10/50/100/etc. How did I even get like, 3 hr points in the first place to screw up the amount? Really tempted to just do loads of low rank stuff to see if I can find a solution, but maybe someone else has had this problem here.

Edit: Geez, even Steak your ground gives 30 points.

2x Edit combo: Make it mega likewise gives 30 points. Tempted to say it has to do with fainting somehow, but I feel like that's a flat malus of -10/-20 pretty much always. I remain mystified.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 12:51:35 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 95