Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160270 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #840 on: April 11, 2015, 11:38:38 am »

The battle where you fight a Gold and Silver Rath at the same time was one of the most fun I've had. Sadly it's too difficult for a huge portion of the Monster Hunter pubs.

I also really loved Naked and Afraid, where you fight the two Deviljhos without armour.

I generally like all the zany quests that pit you against difficult odds.

I still think Gogmazios and Dalamadur are the two most boring and stupid fights in the game. Dah'ren Mohran is pretty up there too, though at least that guy is ridiculously easy. Except for that one quest where you're not allowed to ride on him.

I have around 16 million dollars right now due to selling crap.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 11, 2015, 12:08:25 pm »

I have around 16 million dollars
Can I just say I'm so glad I'm not the only person who refers to MH currency as dollars.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 11, 2015, 12:24:08 pm »

I think of them as currency-units. I thought everybody did that?
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 11, 2015, 12:42:27 pm »

B-but the MH currency already has a name. Its the same generic zeni used in loads of capcom games, but still.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 11, 2015, 12:58:56 pm »

I think you guys misunderstood me.

Do you know how much people will pay IRL for Rathian surspikes? And don't get me started on Rathalos Mantles.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 11, 2015, 05:55:47 pm »

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:30:47 pm by penguinofhonor »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 11, 2015, 11:03:35 pm »

In MH1 it never said what htey were called so I got in the habit of calling them zorkmids after the Z.
Shoes...

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 12, 2015, 05:05:50 am »

B-but the MH currency already has a name. Its the same generic zeni used in loads of capcom games, but still.

I call it zenny because I find the concept really entertaining. Imagine an experienced hunter getting tired of tough life in the Monster Hunter world, walking into a MegaMan Battle Network game, and using their riches to buy a bunch of powerful crap to hunt viruses for their retirement.

You know, I think MegaMan is in the future compared to Monster Hunter, seeing as there are no computers yet. Then again, who knows? Maybe you're defending the quantum storage boxes or something.

On that note: It's okay that you can put a load of small parts/tokens in your pouch, but how do you fit an army's entire weapons and armour loadout and a heap of talismans even a vampire doesn't normally wear into that blue box? Even if it's in your house, 20 Great Swords are pretty hard to fit anywhere.
Unless they use DF Physics, which would explain a lot, including all the storage options and why you suddenly become passable if you abandon (you go prone).
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 12, 2015, 11:31:09 am »

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:31:24 pm by penguinofhonor »

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 12, 2015, 11:48:02 am »

If you're going to say it's an abstraction of something else then you might as well just say your hunter has a huge armory room in their house that they walk into.

If I was in the Monster Hunter universe I wouldn't want anyone else to touch my hand-crafted, hard-earned, highly expensive weapons. I'd move the bed out of my house and just sleep in a pile of weapons.

It's not like anyone would mess with your crap anyway. You're an immortal hunter who kills things for fun. You can get mauled by colossal beasts over and over without any permanent injury. The worst fate you ever suffer is fainting. If anyone did steal your things, you would hound them to the ends of the earth, and they know that.

I wonder - are the villagers secretly scared to death of all hunter player characters? Do they see us as terrifying gods in mortal form, driven by nothing but an insane desire for blood and successively fancier equipment?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 12, 2015, 12:48:43 pm »

Well, if they are scared to death it's quite well-hidden, considering some of them insult you or belittle you. I'm more interested in how the guild can keep these hunters in check so well that there's not a single story of a rogue hunter. (What would he do? Destroy ecosystems for fun or start hunting the hunters.)

And compared to their immortality, hunters seem rather humble. Maybe it's an extreme sense of morals, like how dwarves (*mostly*) obey all orders or elves ALL hate wooden items not made by themselves.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 12, 2015, 12:54:30 pm »

I think it more begs the question about being able to hunt things on demand. The fatalis is practicaly unheard of in all but obsure legends, even the emperor falters greatly when the scroll tells where the G rank crimson fatalis is. Yet dispite all of that you can freely hunt whatever you want.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 12, 2015, 07:55:21 pm »

Also keep in mind that, to my knowledge, nobody has ever mentioned anything about having trouble with other people. When things go bad/stolen it's because of a monster. Either that or you never hear about that sort of thing because you're a monster hunter, not a people hunter.

As for box items... a single herb takes up the space of 3 barrel bombs in your item pouch...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 12, 2015, 08:09:25 pm »

I think it's like Terry Pratchett's thing with orcs.  External threats are great unifiers.  Black and white seems like a petty thing to fight over when there's green guys invading.  Mankind would have it rough if they had to deal with dragons /and/ each other.
Shoes...

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 13, 2015, 01:15:33 am »

I just got critical god on my azure rathalos armor. I'm also using the magala insect glaive. I have become blender, destroyer of mons. Styngian zinogre is still eating me for breakfast in solo gathering hall though.

(That being said, 65% affinity when you've got the virus buff is pretty nice, especially given the red extract effectively makes your attack power double already. Plus sharpness works really well with the insect glaive, given how fast it strikes.)
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 95