Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160229 times)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #705 on: March 27, 2015, 08:26:21 am »

meanwhile longsword being one of the least used, is REALLY interesting as you press X+A -> R -> X -> X+A -> R -> X, repeat unless the monster moves away, or just chase with said combo.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 27, 2015, 08:52:41 am »

Some crazy people like Longsword. I don't. Everyone has their preferences, I guess.
I'm actually kind of interested to see which weapons you guys favor.
So, yeah - if you guys can be bothered to post it, I'd like to see what weapons you love/hate.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:56:33 am by Nighthawk »

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 27, 2015, 09:41:21 am »

My favourite weapon in Tri Ultimate was Switchaxe. All-round good enough to use against any enemy. And once I had Mizar, I really could use it as a pretty good substitute for an elementally-correct weapon.

As for MH4U, I'm using CB and SnS right now. SA feels strange for some reason, though I found how to do the old sword mode combo. CB and SnS are a nice combo, though I prefer the sword mode of the CB, it's like a heavier, stronger SnS. And the SnS is good when the CB is too slow or can't hit the enemy because it's small (the -dromes, for example).
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 27, 2015, 09:52:03 am »

-Totally Stealing your Spoiler list Snip-
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 27, 2015, 10:11:50 am »

A lot of people seem to like switch axe, which doesn't surprise me. It's got surprisingly fast attacks for such a large, powerful weapon, and on top of that it has the amazing sword mode.

I should probably give it a try sometime soon.

Keep posting your favorite weapons, guys (especially complicated analyses of why you like said weapons). I enjoy seeing all the different opinions.  :)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 27, 2015, 10:53:09 am »

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:40:18 pm by penguinofhonor »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 27, 2015, 10:56:22 am »

I'm all about Sword and shield right now but only if I have Guard+2. That mobility, that blocking, that mounting prowess, it has everything the game has at your disposal. By god you'd need everything you can.

I've been trying to get back into gunners though but the lack of armor takes some getting use to. Not being able to mount as I please makes bombing a bit more harder. I think I have to trap more offensively.

Other weapons in my arsenal are Switchaxe, Gunlance, Charge Blade, Bug Staff and Dual Swords, in order of most preferred to least.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 27, 2015, 11:03:57 am »

My CB is superior to everything else. All you inferior weapon plebs can suck it.

I mean, look at all the best traits of every other weapon:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 27, 2015, 11:07:34 am »

One of the dual blades is a pair of drill-fists.

Your points are all invalid.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 27, 2015, 11:13:21 am »

I think there's also a pair of chainswords DB, chainsword LS and a dragonator lance.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 27, 2015, 11:20:34 am »

My experience with different weapons is pretty limited, and I dunno how I'd start getting into new weapons this late into the game while learning them properly.
TLDR: Lance suits two different playstyles depending on the skills you use: super tanky counterattacker or super evasive DPS. Plus a monster with high resist to cut but low resist to blunt will still take as much damage as if he were getting hit with blunt.
Switchaxe has two fun modes that could almost be played independently (though you're missing out if you do). High damage but fairly slow axe mode until you start doing the infinite combo, high damage sword mode that improves power or elemental/status depending on the phial with a phial discharge great for immobile enemies.
Horn: If you liked the buffs Palicoes provide then now you can apply them yourself. All your teammates will love you, even if you don't directly attack monsters (though there's no reason not to, your attacks may be slow but they hit pretty hard).
Bow: Maybe it's because I'm a blademaster... but how can you stand a limited damage potential that could be wasted if you miss or aren't at crit range?

I really apologize for being so long-winded, when I only planned to summarize what I liked about the weapons but...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:24:57 am by OzyTheSage »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 27, 2015, 11:32:10 am »

I know I don't need Guard+2 on SnS but the ability to block with zero consequences is too addicting. Blocking isn't just a last resort anymore and I can keep close to a monster at all times.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 27, 2015, 11:45:05 am »

You can combine more bow coatings during the fight. Back in the older games, basically every ranged weapon used to take advantage of making ammo during the fight(especially elemental bowguns) unless you used adrenaline/heroics/etc, but its a lot less common now. Yeah, running out of coatings is bad, but if you make your shots count its a lot less worse than it could be. Usually I find by the time you're out of coatings, if you did things right the monster should be ready for capture or close to it. Man I love bows, need to use them more often though. Used to be one of my main weapons in the psp days, though a while into g-rank I started using heavy bowguns on a ton of stuff instead. Bows are a lot more annoying to use now though, with all the varying terrain heights, to be honest.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 27, 2015, 03:09:39 pm »

After trying G-rank Black Gravios with randoms and failing 6 times before I finally got him, all I have to say is..

Whoever came up with the idea of having him release his heat gas after every laser he fires in AT-AT mode, can go to hell.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 27, 2015, 05:07:55 pm »

After trying G-rank Black Gravios with randoms and failing 6 times before I finally got him, all I have to say is..

Whoever came up with the idea of having him release his heat gas after every laser he fires in AT-AT mode, can go to hell.
Hehe.

You can be super pro at B. Gravios at still get one shot by a stupid simple mistake. It's a really good thing he's super weak to mounting and traps.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 95