Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160211 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #660 on: March 22, 2015, 05:12:55 am »

Frenzied tigrex shoots frenzy clouds with his boulder throw attack, yes.
Shoes...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 22, 2015, 05:25:05 am »

Tigrex boulder attack has element depending on the terrain. Also the frenzy clouds make it look like a breath attack.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 22, 2015, 08:02:43 pm »

Pink Rathian is a pain and I need those spikes to upgrade my sword but my sword isn't cutting it anymore. Goddamn catch 22. So much bombs used. Not enough slime to gem bombardier.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 23, 2015, 01:28:16 am »

What weapon are you using at the moment?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 23, 2015, 01:39:58 am »

Pink Rathian doesn't have a unique spike item so if you're having a really hard time, you could downgrade to fighting normal Rathian in exchange for a slightly lower droprate.

Finally drawing to a close on my high rank farming spree, so I'll finally be able to go do some G rank.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 23, 2015, 02:28:58 am »

Well... Fatalis was a piece of cake. So much buildup for such a pathetic monster.

The only thing it has going for it is that it has a lot of HP.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 23, 2015, 11:08:15 am »

I just switched my healing palico out to deploy a bomber palico, and holy shit it is annoying. I'll manage to knock a monster over, and just when I think I have an opening to attack it as much as I can, that little bastard waltzes over with a barrel bomb and blows me away from the monster, wasting a good opportunity in the process. The number of times this has happened since I set him to deploy is completely ridiculous.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 23, 2015, 12:14:40 pm »

Anyone used the fighting Palicoes?  They're not bombers, so it sounds like they'd at least be useful comparatively to them.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 23, 2015, 12:17:46 pm »

I just switched my healing palico out to deploy a bomber palico, and holy shit it is annoying. I'll manage to knock a monster over, and just when I think I have an opening to attack it as much as I can, that little bastard waltzes over with a barrel bomb and blows me away from the monster, wasting a good opportunity in the process. The number of times this has happened since I set him to deploy is completely ridiculous.
Its class is Bomber... WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU EXPECTING!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 23, 2015, 12:28:02 pm »

Bomber palicoes are terrible by your side but they're pretty useful as Meownster Hunters.  Same with Fighters.  I've never played with a fighter palico since I love healing and I have my own demon horn but I might consider it.  Blunt weapons on palicoes are really strong, especially against smaller monsters.  They put in a lot more attacks than you think and two blunt palicoes along with your own blunt or punishdraw attacks will chew through stamina really fast.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 23, 2015, 12:29:24 pm »

Fighting Palicos are pretty neat.

True demon horn is great. Gives a buttload of attack. Also their boomerang essentially becomes pierce damage, which is pretty nice.

The palicos also have pretty good stats with lots of attack. It's not rare that my fighting palicos will cut off tails. I use them when speedrunning monsters or I just feel like using something different.

---

Right now I have 4 healing first stringers and one Stamina palico that I bring along as my second. The reasons being:

1. Healing palico is basically mandatory for solo hunts. Especially the antidote horn.
2. Stamina palicos are awesome.
3. My stamina palico has the signal ability, which means I can manually tell it to use Purrtuoso. I cannot describe how amazing that is. I basically never have to eat rations or steaks ever again. Also being able to heal 1/2 hp on command.
4. Your ace palico actually has access to his own heal (a small one), so when you make him a healing palico he will very often heal you twice.

-----

I also kinda like bombers. I use them for guys like Hermitaurs or Gravios or Brachydios. They do tonnes and tonnes of dps and break stuff a lot.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 23, 2015, 12:32:13 pm »

Stamina cats can do that? WHY HAS NO ONE TOLD ME THAT?!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 23, 2015, 12:34:36 pm »

Stamina cats can do that? WHY HAS NO ONE TOLD ME THAT?!
It needs the ability, technically any of the cats can have it (after you enter high rank) but you need to be lucky.

It's called team attack signal.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 23, 2015, 12:36:11 pm »

Your ace palico actually has access to his own heal (a small one), so when you make him a healing palico he will very often heal you twice.
You can change your ace palico into a certain type?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 23, 2015, 12:36:54 pm »

Your ace palico actually has access to his own heal (a small one), so when you make him a healing palico he will very often heal you twice.
You can change your ace palico into a certain type?
He's affected by what you put in the 1st stringers.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 95