Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160210 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #645 on: March 20, 2015, 12:01:46 pm »

Should I keep using poison or should I switch to blast? Dios stuff looks really cool but goddamn those marrow drop rates.
Would it suprise you if I said it was another one of those it depends things? Because it depends a bit on what you're fighting. In general, slime hurts less than poison, although slime is unique in that it affects super large elder dragons such as the Mohrans. Some monsters, like Sergious, do kinda take more damage when they are poisoned, but they explode more often when slimed.

I'd say a slime weapon is a good idea to have at the very least, since it helps in breaking parts unlike poison, but it has limits. Personally, gonna keep one of each around.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 20, 2015, 12:10:38 pm »

Hey, do any of you guys know when I'll get access to gems (or armor) that can give me the "free element" skill or whatever that crap is called? Because I have a Vulcamagnon with blast damage that isn't active because I need the dang skill.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 20, 2015, 12:16:15 pm »

Artian S for blademaster, Kirin S and Lagi has them without gems.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 20, 2015, 01:06:42 pm »

Looking up the gems, you need high rank Kirin parts.

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 20, 2015, 02:23:19 pm »

I'm a few hunts from getting cera cymmtery (I think) and no one wants to hunt B. Diablos. Are random groups always this bad?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 20, 2015, 05:30:57 pm »

I think they're generally okay except for when you're trying to do your own urgents.

For farming and the like, randoms are pretty good. Once in awhile you get a shit group but if that's the case you move on. However, if you constantly get shit groups then uh... how to put it... the problem would be the most common denominator between the groups.

As for the availability of hunts, I think if you can't find a room that wants to hunt a certain monster you should host one. After a few minutes people are bound to join provided it isn't an urgent.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 20, 2015, 07:18:28 pm »

Can't you just do Advanced: Tough Love?

But yeah, those horns are so hard to break. I always end up accidentally killing him before.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 20, 2015, 07:20:04 pm »

Guard up brah. Thunder beam becomes worthless... though you have to spend 10 skill points on guard up...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 21, 2015, 01:40:12 am »

So as a greatsword user, are elemental weapons worth using at all?  Like I've got a Rathalos Firesword which I like a lot but at the same time I can't get over how easy it is to stagger shit with the Dios blade.  But on the other hand it'll be easier to upgrade the Rathalos sword since every time I reach what I think is the goal for upgrading my dios it turns out I have to do more.
Shoes...

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 21, 2015, 01:42:41 am »

The only extra stat I found to be good on a greatsword is sleep, and you get that off the narscylla greatsword with awakening, although online most dont expect the greatsword to actualy put monsters to sleep, but I've averaged 2 per monster.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 21, 2015, 02:17:21 am »

So as a greatsword user, are elemental weapons worth using at all?  Like I've got a Rathalos Firesword which I like a lot but at the same time I can't get over how easy it is to stagger shit with the Dios blade.  But on the other hand it'll be easier to upgrade the Rathalos sword since every time I reach what I think is the goal for upgrading my dios it turns out I have to do more.

Greatswords benefit more from RAW than they do from any element or status given how slowly they attack. That's not to say that using the right element doesn't help, though, but you'd be better off going with whichever one has the most raw strength.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 21, 2015, 03:01:37 am »

Greatswords benefit more from RAW than they do from any element or status given how slowly they attack. That's not to say that using the right element doesn't help, though, but you'd be better off going with whichever one has the most raw strength.

I'm looking into raw damage now that the novelty of elemental stuff has worn off.  Conveniently I just killed the Monoblos and should be able to make the executioner.  I was kind of disappointed with it but maybe it's just cause I'm getting better.  The tigrex taught me a lot of important shit about moderating aggression and I've taken it to heart.  The monoblos only hit me a couple times but when it did it fucked me up.  I should look into evasion gems.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 21, 2015, 04:22:56 am »

I was in the middle of finishing up my unfinished HR5 quests (basically all of them) but didn't want to do it alone. So I made a room and labelled it "relaxed hunting".

A French guy, a German guy, and a Spaniard showed up. All G-ranks. Together we completed basically the entirety of HR5 in one sitting. I think it took about 3 - 4 hours? Our attempts to communicate were extremely amusing, with tonnes of broken English. I was quite surprised everyone stuck around until the end. Guess all of them had the same idea or maybe they were just extremely bored haha.

Great times!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 21, 2015, 04:28:50 pm »

There seem to be a lot of French people on.  It's kind of fun becuase I'm learning French, though they seem a little overzealous sometimes.  More than a few times I've been about to drop a triple charged greatsword swing when suddenly je pose un bombe honhonhon
Shoes...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 22, 2015, 05:05:56 am »

Right so it was Time for me to finally take on Tigrex. I have fought him before in Freedom Unite back on PSP. So yeah I know how tough his fight can be, even with some unknown movesets added by Ultimate I was ready, even prepare for the inevitable Frenzied mode...
I had him down, staggering with every 3rd combo to the face, jumping around for Mounting Chances (Glaive user) and getting ready for the final Mount that would give me time to drop that trap to put him to sleep. Then he got me pinned against terrain and his body (not the attack animation, just janky physics) and I couldn't fully get out, but I was surviving, FelyanDefender keeping me alive here, then he jumps back a fuckoff distance, I was ready for the charge, I moved away and was prepare to heal or something then suddenly HE DID A BREATH ATTACK!?!?!? WAIT WHAT!!! Tigrex has a Breath attack now!!! Naturally this cause me to faint cause of my health but it was an attack I was completely underprepared for...
I guess it was a new move that he can only do while Frenzied...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 95