Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160158 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #540 on: March 15, 2015, 07:17:07 pm »

If you need the slots, then just use Full Blackguard.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 15, 2015, 07:19:39 pm »

If you need the slots, then just use Full Blackguard.
It's just x0.1 more damage on the burst though.

I just don't know what's the damage multiplier for sharpness vs raw damage.

Edit: Okay, so it's 1.32 x 540 = 712.8 damage compared to 1.2x734.4 damage.

Full Blackguard it is then. The Arachnoscale has 20% affinity but charge blades don't really give a crap about affinity.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 15, 2015, 07:54:49 pm »

Here's a little table for sharpness damage multipliers in MH4U taken from the monster hunter wiki.
RedOrangeYellowGreenBlueWhitePurple
Raw0.500.751.001.051.201.321.45
Element0.250.500.751.001.06251.1251.20

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 15, 2015, 08:50:42 pm »

Okay... Dalamadur time... My Seltas armour serving me well through the elder dragons haha.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 15, 2015, 08:58:39 pm »

I'm getting spoiled by artillery god and the terrible fell might of wyvern fire, shotgunning and auto-block. My evasion skills have suffered as a result of constant face tanking.

What's a good low rank set for dual blades?

My current choices are Rathalos set because I somehow have a plate. Gore set but getting the feelers is a pain but doable. Last is Ceanataur set if I somehow get a chilling beak. Maybe I need to pet the pig more often.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 15, 2015, 09:05:42 pm »

As Umiman mentioned, if you get a hold of a chilling beak at low rank (Something like 5% or less all opportunities figured) you probably don't want to trade it for a low rank set.

I'm working on either Velociprey or Barroth now, can't decide which.  I feel like my playstyle is too greatsword-ish still.  Longswords are fast and have a lot of elemental damage and I don't think I should be playing them the way I have been.  A lighter attack-boosting set might better suit the way I need to play and entice me to play that way than a bigass tanky suit like Tetsucabra.
Shoes...

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 15, 2015, 09:16:03 pm »

...Is it bad that I keep forgetting that the Switchaxe has... well, a sword? It's just so sluggish to move around with- never really get an opportunity to use it.
It's advantageous to switch to sword mode when beating down on monsters because the sword doesn't bounce off tough hides and can also deal some really good damage with its combos.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 15, 2015, 09:42:38 pm »

I actually forget that the switch axe is an axe most of the time.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 15, 2015, 09:45:12 pm »

Okay. Dalamadur is actually not that hard but jesus fucking christ... Does this guy have infinite hp?!

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 16, 2015, 12:05:01 am »

Okay. Dalamadur is actually not that hard but jesus fucking christ... Does this guy have infinite hp?!
17,600 hp
for reference the deviljho has 6,600
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 16, 2015, 12:12:58 am »

For some reason I'm far more scared of three Deviljhos stacked on top of each other than I am a Dalamdur.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 16, 2015, 12:55:26 am »

Conundrum:  I really want the Daito Crow, but every time I fight a Garuga I come out of it hating Monster Hunter.

Birdspin for days.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 16, 2015, 02:56:29 am »

16 killed S. Magalas. No Phosgem. Desire sensor hates me.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 16, 2015, 04:35:29 am »

Got my velociprey armor though I'm not really liking it. The psychic is cool, I guess the attack boost is cool?  I'm still dealing with hte problem of just getting my ass kicked as soon as I die once.  Fought the tigrex, seems kind of silly to make your first tigrex frenzied especially when it's a monster like this.

Between the damaging roar and the instant 360 spin (you thought the birds were bad?) on close range and the ridiculously fast long-range leaps, I don't know how the fuck I'm supposed to fight this thing.  I thought I was doing good until it got a kill on me, then everything went to hell.  Considering you lose all your shit if you die but keep it if you abandon, I think I'm just ognna abandon after two deaths from now on.  Maybe one.
Shoes...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 16, 2015, 07:32:12 am »

Got my velociprey armor though I'm not really liking it. The psychic is cool, I guess the attack boost is cool?  I'm still dealing with hte problem of just getting my ass kicked as soon as I die once.  Fought the tigrex, seems kind of silly to make your first tigrex frenzied especially when it's a monster like this.

Between the damaging roar and the instant 360 spin (you thought the birds were bad?) on close range and the ridiculously fast long-range leaps, I don't know how the fuck I'm supposed to fight this thing.  I thought I was doing good until it got a kill on me, then everything went to hell.  Considering you lose all your shit if you die but keep it if you abandon, I think I'm just ognna abandon after two deaths from now on.  Maybe one.
Still not as bad as back then. Fighting Tigrex in the snowy mountain where most of the map, he is wide enough to occupy the entire width of the area for him to charge through.

Anyways, try using a bow on him. That's where I learned how to arc shot properly since I'm out of roar range and his spin attack. I think it took me almost 40 minuets to kill him.

Pull out all the stops if your having problems. Go full healing cats, mount bombing, traps, drugs, honey and combo books. Used 10 mega potions with healing cats. Duo skill was the rocket though, very useful for gunners.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 95