Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160035 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2015, 08:37:02 am »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:21:32 am by penguinofhonor »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2015, 10:48:53 am »

I finally got to the point(ended up skipping the prereq quest for it) I could fight the den'ren mohran (the thing you fight at the very start), beat it pretty handily, however it dies outside the area I can go in so no carves  :'(

Any advice on how to fight the deviljho? I can beat it but I have to play almost excessively cautiously.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:03:17 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2015, 11:50:55 am »

I finally got to the point(ended up skipping the prereq quest for it) I could fight the den'ren mohran (the thing you fight at the very start), beat it pretty handily, however it dies outside the area I can go in so no carves  :'(

Any advice on how to fight the deviljho? I can beat it but I have to play almost excessively cautiously.

The specific strategy changes depending on what weapon and skills you have, but the general strategy is to try and stay under him and poke his belly.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2015, 12:40:24 pm »

I'm using the insect glaive and its too tall normaly to hit anything but the legs, besides, it does a stomp move that may or may not pin you, when I was trying that strategy I got pinned several times and finally resorted to using nothing but jump attacks on it then using the bug to attack when it was enraged. The food traps I tried to use didn't work, it ran right by them to another zone to eat some live herbivore. Its hard to predict where it will flee to since there is 3 areas it seems to go between and all 3 has herbivores that it goes after instead of food traps.

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2015, 12:49:09 pm »

I'm using the insect glaive and its too tall normaly to hit anything but the legs, besides, it does a stomp move that may or may not pin you, when I was trying that strategy I got pinned several times and finally resorted to using nothing but jump attacks on it then using the bug to attack when it was enraged. The food traps I tried to use didn't work, it ran right by them to another zone to eat some live herbivore. Its hard to predict where it will flee to since there is 3 areas it seems to go between and all 3 has herbivores that it goes after instead of food traps.

It used to be that Jho would eat pretty much anything that you put down, whether it be paralysis meat, poison meat, etc., and especially when he was hungry. Maybe they changed that?

As for the pin move, you just have to watch out and roll between his legs when he does it. He generally jumps forward when doing that move, so you should be safe by rolling that way.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 26, 2015, 12:56:33 pm »

I guess I'll want tremor resistance if I want to have it on farm-able. Maybe I'm having issues since the first time its introduced its a frenzied one.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2015, 12:57:35 pm »

I'm trying to craft the Tetsucabra S armor set for high rank, but I cant freaking find any Rhenoplos in high rank anymore.
I had to look it up because I'm kinda having the same problem, since genprey show up where rhenoplos usually do during the tetsu farm fight. Apparently they will show up on sunken hollow harvest tour (I just checked now and it's accurate info). If you haven't unlocked those already talk to the 'pro hunter' near the wyceum (head towards the camera in dundorma) and do their quests and eventually you'll get the harvest tours.

For damage, again, Kiraniko is your friend. Stealth Glaive versus Usurper's Boltslicer. As you can see their damage values are different but where it says "true attack" is where you want to look. Then that 'true attack" value is further changed depending on the individual attack you're doing. Great Sword's fully charged overhead swing has a higher multiplier than the its blade slap, for example. Normally the values for each attack would be listed there but there are something over 200 individual attacks in the game now thanks to the new midair attack system so it'll take time to get the info. If you click 'moves' on the top right of this page you'll see an example of how each attack modifies the actual damage you do. The info is for 3u but it should be fairly relevant still.

EDIT: You can actually still see the move list multiplier but you have to guess what each move is since right now they're just move ID's instead of properly identified. They're on the main page for each weapon.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:05:07 pm by OzyTheSage »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2015, 03:43:28 pm »

Missions with multiple bosses have them at 70% hp so they're easier to take down.

Which is odd for me to say but, they really don't need it.

If they worked together a bit more maybe.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 26, 2015, 04:52:04 pm »

Anyone else reach G-Rank yet? I'm looking for people to run high level guild quests with but the higher ranks aren't overly populated yet.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2015, 04:56:15 pm »

Just started, HR 1 as of like an hour ago.  Who's railing dragons?

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2015, 05:25:27 pm »

Just started, HR 1 as of like an hour ago.  Who's railing dragons?

Railing? Is that what kids call it these days?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 26, 2015, 05:49:58 pm »

How does multiplayer work anyways? Can we find specific players or do we just enter rooms of random people?

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 26, 2015, 05:55:59 pm »

How does multiplayer work anyways? Can we find specific players or do we just enter rooms of random people?

you can search for halls(rooms) using various criterias, if you have someone on your friend list you can also just jump to their hall directly. Halls also have a unique number which you can give people for them to join you directly.

Edit: ninja'd

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 26, 2015, 06:27:51 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:22:05 am by penguinofhonor »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 26, 2015, 06:34:08 pm »

Missions with multiple bosses have them at 70% hp so they're easier to take down.

Which is odd for me to say but, they really don't need it.

If they worked together a bit more maybe.

I think it's just because multi-monster quests have the same time limit as single monster quests.
The time limit hasn't mattered since the early first few games. It's more of a not-so-subtle way of telling you that if you took that long you should give up and get better gear/more practice.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 95