Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160009 times)

Taz

Monster Hunter Generations is out!
« on: February 11, 2015, 01:15:40 pm »

(removed by request)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 04:33:16 pm by Toady One »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 01:41:18 pm »

This is the year of great games.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 01:55:07 pm »

Can't wait to get this and fight the new monsters. 3u was my entry to the series so the 'old' monsters are still new to me. Also, online play, can't wait for that. I just got to G-rank in 3u and they were designed with multiplayer in mind, except they 'forgot' to add the multiplayer.

Should have it sometime next week so everyone's going have have a head start on me, hehehe.

Something that should be in the OP is how to transfer your data from the old 3ds to a new 3ds with MH4U pre-installed. I've looked online and most sources say not to register your new 3ds to a Nintendo ID or else it will get tied to that Nintendo ID which gets lost during a transfer... so basically, just do a transfer as the first thing you do, if I understand correctly. After the transfer you then have to go to the Nintendo E-shop and download the game which should in theory be tied to the Nintendo ID that's now associated with your new 3ds and all its save data that was transferred. Some kind of confirmation on this would be nice.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 02:10:20 pm »

Odd how you need a computer to do all of that. When I transferred from my 2ds to my 3ds I didn't need a computer.
My computer doesn't have SD card slots so I'll have to go find a way to transfer...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 02:19:02 pm »

Sorry, didn't see the edit. Yeah, the first time I did a transfer it took an hour or so, and I may have to do a computer transfer later on because I might upgrade from the default SD card to a larger one, maybe 8gb or 16gb.

EDIT: I suppose I'll leave this link here
Code: [Select]
http://cdn02.nintendo-europe.com/media/downloads/support_1/new_nintendo_3ds/NINE_Transfer_Guide_3DS_EN.pdf
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 04:59:10 pm by OzyTheSage »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 11:36:03 pm »

Since it's almost midnight where I am, and already has been for people in Europe, I suppose I'll post again.
I'm not expected to get the game until Monday, February 16th, since I ordered the collector's edition and it needs to be shipped to me.
Then I found out about this just now which is a timed exclusive thing that apparently only lasts until Sunday, February 15th, one day before I actually get my copy.
I don't really care about the free items as much as I do the (presumably) exclusive costume thingies (even though I'll likely never really use them except for showing off maybe). I'm hoping you'll be able to download the patch without actually having the game installed as it's the only real way I'd be able to get them.

Anyways, I mentioned it in the steam group but the IRC link posted in the OP doesn't work for me. It gets into an endless look trying to connect. This link works for me though.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 12:20:43 am »

Oh...

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 06:21:32 am »

Game arrived. Currently playing.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 08:27:05 am »

Must go to bed, sleep so I am awake before work to go get MH4!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 08:43:43 am »

I was struggling against the giant insectile beast. I'd brought a greatsword when I should've brought some sort of ranged weapon. It's heavily armour horn and pincers were deflecting all my blows as I rained them upon it. I'd done enough damage to cause it to flee, but I had ran out of all healing items and it was down to the line whether or not it or I would win.

When it fled, I gave chase. It ran into a zone and flew to the bottom of a cliff. As it flew back up towards me to attack me with it's huge horn, I jumped off, seeking to strike it with a jump attack.

I hit it and then FOUND MYSELF MOUNTED UPON IT'S BACK. It tumbled to the ground below and me and insect-monster struggled for supremacy as I smashed away at its horn with my fists. The horn crumpled, cracking, and it rolled onto its back in pain.

With a final swing of my greatsword, I slew the beast, finishing the mission I set about on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

From here.

So shocked when I landed on it's back. Even the guildmarm said, "Err... Have I told you about that yet?" Great fun.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 09:34:14 am »

just got back home with mine.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 09:43:14 am »

I can't wait to get the Charge Axe...
Or whatever its called, Charge Sword??? Eh...
That thing looks so much my thing, I always played SnS on the PSP versions and the Switch Axe on the Wii/3DS ones...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 05:33:46 pm »

Charge Blade. I don't think anyone will really mind if you call it Charge Axe though.

Haven't gotten mine yet. That 1-day shipping was totally a ripoff. Well, there are still 10 hours left in the day... so there's still hope for me... :'(
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 06:07:01 pm »

So remember that whole 3-5 day shipping?
Apparently that means "yeah whatever we'll ship it on day 1" =D
Just got home from work, getting ready to do all my data transfers and stuff, then plaaay.

EDIT: It looks so much sexier in person, I almost feel like I should be wearing those white gloves when touching it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 06:20:49 pm by OzyTheSage »

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 08:29:49 pm »

Got a full set of Jaggi gear and beat down the kecha wecha. How is everyone else doing?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 95