Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160296 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #945 on: April 26, 2015, 11:29:10 am »

Spoiler: I am so sorry (click to show/hide)
On a more on-topic note, if you give yourself the Taunt ability (as I mentioned before) and play Lance, you can actually play the traditional tank role present in most MMOs by taking on the brunt of monsters' attacks.

Kind of.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 26, 2015, 11:35:36 am »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 09:45:42 pm by penguinofhonor »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 28, 2015, 02:02:40 am »

WOOHOO!
Just beat the Shagura Magala, with one (not mega) potion, one life, and no other food or healing left! But the important thing is I beat it, and am now +Rank (Queue the duh-duh-dah-DAH! trumpets sound)!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 28, 2015, 02:54:11 am »

Congrats. The tutorial starts now.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 28, 2015, 05:56:42 am »

Anyone have any recommendations for G rank 1 armor? Torn between Testsucabra X, Z or Hermitaur X.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 28, 2015, 09:31:57 am »

I went Hermitaur into Seltas Queen / Garuga.

I think at this point, if you haven't already, use Athena's ASS to design armors to your needs. G-rank is where you can go nuts as it doesn't get any stronger than this. Any Rank 9 and Rank 10 armor is fair game as you'll be using it for awhile. For example, I'm literally still using the Seltas Queen / Garuga armor even while fighting GQ 140 Rajang.

Link is here: http://forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 28, 2015, 12:00:52 pm »

I went Torso Up/Rebellion Mail/Torso Up/Kushala Cocoon/Torso Up directly to Regios X. I got to G gold crown only using Regios X.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 28, 2015, 12:22:58 pm »

I think I'm the only one I've seen online that uses Lagombi armor, currently in G2. Evade Extender is great with switchaxe (and lance), an evasion charm and some gems gives me Evade +2, and Quick Sheathe and Cold Cancel are decent quality of life skills. Unfortunately this set doesn't have that many gem slots (no 3 slot) which is a bummer, plus fire damage is a fairly big deal and it has -15 resistance to that. I kinda like how it looks, especially when I'm hunting with people who have spikes all over their armor, it makes me look out of place =p

I'm not sure what kind of armor I want to 'graduate' to when I want to get more serious/I get some good charms... right now I'm using the vermilion bloodaxe for that sweet paralysis, so I might get something with status up...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 28, 2015, 12:25:06 pm »

That's because the default evasion set is Kirin armor haha.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 02, 2015, 08:53:12 am »

Just beat the molten tigrex some time ago. Village 10 Molten Tigrex. Kinda a disappointment of a fight, since this one has some pretty big telegraphs other than his super scuttle. The greatest enemy I had was it's hit point pool. Other than that... kinda wish I got the parts I needed to upgrade the Chedda blade.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 02, 2015, 09:51:50 am »

Did my first LR Brachy last night. Took 30 minutes and 5 seconds. No carts, used all of my healing items. It was a really boring and tedious fight, to be honest. Maybe because I made Poor Weapon Decisions™ and used my Kirin DBs.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 02, 2015, 10:41:25 am »

That does sound like poor weapon decisions. With Brachy, you pretty much wanna hit the head as much as possible, it takes nearly twice as much damage as anywhere else... while it seems the Brachy is also resistant to thunder attacks.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 02, 2015, 10:54:00 am »

I used Gunlance to kill Brachy the first time. It was a battle of explosions. I spent half the fight getting exploded because I didn't know you can roll off the blight.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 02, 2015, 11:00:35 am »

I use guns against Brachy. I almost never get a chance to hit him in melee anyway, especially frenzied ones.

Chaotic Brachy on the other hand is a complete cakewalk.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 02, 2015, 11:12:13 am »

Too bad the rare-5-or-lower water dual blades are either tedious/difficult to get or pretty much terrible.

I need to go through and upgrade all my DBs where I can, bleh. So many weapons...
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 95