Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160247 times)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #765 on: April 05, 2015, 05:52:31 am »

DLC TIME. Whats the word from the G rank hunters here?
Hm...its mostly just an event chain that is fight a yian garuga, then fight an akantor in 20 minutes, then fight a ukalanos in 15 minutes. You aren't allowed to bring others with you...or at least that is what the npc was saying. You do get a decent healing felyne out of it. Yea, the ukalanos fight you kind of need to be G rank to clear it. There is no event quests in the elder hall...at all.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 05:56:17 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 05, 2015, 07:48:53 am »

I'm getting back to into the gunner grove. Sadly, I can't squeeze in bombadier since reload spd +2 takes all the slots in a tetsu set plus weapon slot. I have to make do with a +10 combo talisman and combo books to combine bombs.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 05, 2015, 12:31:41 pm »

I'm just starting to seriously learn gunner (heavy bowgun). I really, really wish it would just keep me in a third-person shooter camera instead of forcing me to hold R constantly. My biggest gripe is that it's a pain to aim shots properly.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 05, 2015, 12:43:40 pm »

You'll get used to it.

When you get to G-crown your worry will not be "can I aim?" but "pls no hit me I die in one slap". So practice dodging!

I use my HBG as a secondary weapon against guys like Chameleos and Gravios. If we have a lot of melee I'll use it too. I would never use it against something like Apex Rajang. Zinogre sucks too because his laser balls will home in on you.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 05, 2015, 04:15:09 pm »

How are you supposed to defeat the pink rathian in the urgent quest?  I'm wearing the BEST armor I can at my rank, and it still does a tail swing for 1/2 my health and then poison, and then does a charging rush that kills me.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 05, 2015, 04:19:09 pm »

I forget which urgent that is and I assume it's a caravan urgent. Bring two healing palicoes and set all first stringers as healers. That way you get detox horn which eliminates your poison, and most of the time I've had my poison negated before I can fully recover from being hit.

Whenever Rathian (or Rathalos) are hovering in place in the air always assume they're going to do the tail swipe, so move perpendicular to them as quickly as possible as there is no wind up for that attack. Or block if your weapon allows it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 05, 2015, 04:23:25 pm »

How do you bring two healing?  I can only ever bring my main and one other.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 05, 2015, 05:32:52 pm »

The rathian will do the poisoning tail attack either when its hovering just off the ground or right after it takes two steps back, that is your que to dodge out of the way.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 05, 2015, 05:40:30 pm »

The rathian will do the poisoning tail attack either when its hovering just off the ground or right after it takes two steps back, that is your que to dodge out of the way.
I've seen it do the tail flip as a way to get into the air before.  It also has a massive charge attack that has no cue.

I just upgraded my armor into poison negate and farmed a few adv. armor spheres, so going to try again.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 05, 2015, 06:32:00 pm »

Well, it has tells for the flip, but it takes a while to get used to. Especially when it's flying, since I think the only way I can tell it'll flip is the trajectory it moves in followed by a brief pause then sudden flip. Ended up hunting her enough trying to help friends that I just happened to get enough parts to make a full set of her armor, again.

With the pink rathian I suggest eating for defense if you find yourself getting hit often, preferably defender (hi). Bring flashbombs too, it helps knock her down from on high and stunning her. Lastly, attack the tail and the head from an angle. Since the pink rathian can hit around your guard if your not familiar with her tells, I wouldn't recommend the lance or gunlance to start. I'm at my personal best against her with a greatsword or an insect glaive.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 05, 2015, 08:15:07 pm »

Yeah, with pink and gold rathian, you need to assume every time they stop moving (whether in the air or on the ground) they want to poison you.

As you get to understand them, be super defensive and either dodge or block constantly for everything. It's usually a good idea to bring wind resistance skill too, as the most painful way it will poison you is with the takeoff into tailspin. The takeoff will stun you via wind pressure. It's not mandatory as as you get better, you will instinctively avoid this attack. Rathalos will do this too by the way.

Earplugs are nice but not mandatory as I don't think they will try to poison you after a roar.

Gold is the worst. It can teleport tailspin you, it's crazy. It also likes to do it a few times in a row. It. Never. Stops.

I still think Rathalos is worse, as Rathalos refuses to land while Rathian likes being on the ground.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 05, 2015, 08:17:55 pm »

I say this with all monsters, but if you're unsure, there's no shame in waiting to attack; you have plenty of time to complete the quest. Get a paintball on the target in case they run, then just keep your weapon sheathed and run around. Learn which attacks leave openings by observing, then jump in and punish those openings.

Also, it's always a good idea to NOT ATTACK when a monster is enraged. If you're really confident in your skills (and armor) it's one thing, but if you're not used to the opponent yet, going offensive on an enraged monster is a good way to get your ass handed to you.

Every monster in Monster Hunter is a pain to fight the first time (with a few exceptions, of course). But it gets a little easier every time you face them, so just keep at it!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 05, 2015, 09:12:53 pm »

The problem with urgent quests is that you CAN'T have equipment to match them.  Pink Rathian unlocks the guild 5 quests, which gets you the monster drops to make armor good enough to stand up to the pink rathian...  So I waited until I got two HR 112+ people at the 'G-Crown' level and they just wrecked it.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 05, 2015, 09:28:10 pm »

It's supposed to be a test to see if you're ready to even progress past that point.

But it's up to you how you want to play, so whatever works for you.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 05, 2015, 10:15:02 pm »

Are you at high rank caravan? Hermitaur, Congola, Blue Kut-ku and Velocidrome are the ones you needed to fight in low rank gear at the minimum.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 95