Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160156 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #570 on: March 16, 2015, 02:47:26 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:32:38 pm by penguinofhonor »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 16, 2015, 06:57:54 pm »

I sit here upon a mountain of god skulls. My throne is barren but sparkling with its scales. A hundred gods have died to create this throne.

When faced with this monstrosity, people ask why I have committed such an atrocity.

"I only wanted a phosgem..."

My search is not over. I fear even after a million hours I will not get what I seek.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 16, 2015, 07:02:21 pm »

Switched back to Greatsword and took down the Tigrex.  I'm definitely sticking with it.  I was having more and more issues with longsword as I got into the real monsters, and I think it was I was bringing too much of my greatsword style into the longsword and conversely when I played the demo I played the greatsword too much like a longsword.  Too much time running around for a couple weak hits versus trying to infinite combo stuff like the gore magala in the demo and getting splattered by fast attacks.  I could get away with that in MH1 cause even the rathalos was slow as shit.

Putting together the Tigrex jawblade right now, then I'll probably go for the Dios line, I like blast weapons and it seems like a decent effect to put on a greatsword.  Gravy added onto my raw damage versus elemental effects that'll be useless.

Also they look sweet, whereas the tigrex weapons look dumb.
Shoes...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 16, 2015, 09:33:40 pm »

How do I unlock the Caravan 6 Najarala?

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 16, 2015, 10:33:28 pm »

How do I unlock the Caravan 6 Najarala?

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/quest/caravan/6/fear-factor

Apparently, you need to beat Arachnophobia. Which requires you to beat Advanced: Afraid of the Dark. Which requires Advanced: Amphibiphobia. Which requires Advanced:Khezu Chaos. This appears to be the Cowardly Palico's questline I think?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 16, 2015, 10:45:26 pm »

I already done Afraid of the Dark but the quest chain ends.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 16, 2015, 10:50:54 pm »

Have you talked to the Cowardly Palico on the beach again? Or does he not have anything to say?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 16, 2015, 10:56:23 pm »

Already talked to everyone that I can talk to.

Well, I wanted to get chilling beaks from that quest since it has a chance for at the rewards. Anyways, I'm at high rank now so it's a moot point. Trying to get the hermitaur set.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 16, 2015, 11:04:21 pm »

Just do the Hunt-a-Thon: Najarala in Caravan 8. You can fight as many as you want, with 10% chance to carve Chilling Beaks from the bodies, and they're all super weak.

As a side note, to finish most of those sidequest lines, you have to get up to HR7 in the guild hall.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 16, 2015, 11:54:32 pm »

Those were some long-ass hunts. I can't believe we killed 3 Dalamadurs, three elder dragons, a Zinogre (poor guy), and three Ukanlos in one sitting.

I also like my HR51, apparently from annihilating all those S. Magalas.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 17, 2015, 12:06:41 am »

Congrats, back when I got uncapped I got to 62 or so. Did you ever get that Phosgem?

And what's the big deal with these Eggstraction quests? Just did the last one (Tigrex/Brute Tigrex in the dunes) and it wasn't even bad at all. Just eat for the transporting skillset (fish+veggies option 3), pop a Mega Dash Juice and a cool drink, and run for your life. I may have gotten lucky, though; on the first trip, the Tigrex only bothered my cats and not me with the egg, and on the subsequent passes by the two Tigrex, they roared and immediately left the area. Apparently they're supposed to be frenzied on this quest or something? I'll never know because I never bother fighting on these transport missions.

Crimson Fatalis, here I come...
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 17, 2015, 12:10:22 am »

I just hate the fact that I can't do much of anything with an egg in my hand, lest I drop it and the ride continues (Mr. Bones, pls.  no).  It's more tedious than it is hard.

Yeah, today was a long day of hunts.  That poor Zinogre really didn't know what hit him.  I'm still giggling because of the Dalamadur fights, I kept putting bombs down while Ispil was swinging / starting up a swing.  There was a moment where he tried to hit me three times and I started prancing in front of him until he did hit me.  All in all, good day.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 17, 2015, 12:28:07 am »

Congrats, back when I got uncapped I got to 62 or so. Did you ever get that Phosgem?
No.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 17, 2015, 08:33:50 am »

On the note of MH doing stuff you hate, what made me laugh for real at the start was when the mushroom collecting quest is introduced. Something along the lines of "we just had to have a unique mushroom collection quest, it's a tradition" -> obviously implying that we do it despite knowing it's a bore.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 17, 2015, 08:40:37 am »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:34:54 pm by penguinofhonor »