Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160133 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #480 on: March 11, 2015, 03:48:17 pm »

You don't need an IRC client if you use Mibbit or Kiwi, it does it right through your browser.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 11, 2015, 04:23:41 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:28:35 pm by penguinofhonor »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 11, 2015, 06:11:37 pm »

I haven't touched online.  I'm at the Nerscylla urgent, I've got full tetsucabra armor and I'm playing around with different weapons.  The weapon progression feels very strict compared to what I remember from MH1.  I find myself hitting very hard upgrade limits very quickly (Like, my Incurviscera requires large monster bones which can be gotten from najarala at the earliest)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 11, 2015, 07:17:59 pm »

I'm in HR5, Caravan 8.

I go on the IRC from time to time but usually people are AFK.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 11, 2015, 11:19:56 pm »

I still can't believe you took Jaggi armor into High Rank and expected it to be fine. :P

Gotta upgrade sometime, man.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 11, 2015, 11:44:09 pm »

At least get Jaggi S, hehehe.

Also, it was fun playing with you guys practically all day, nearly got up to where I'm at =p
I dunno how ETGFrog had the patience considering how far ahead he is.

I forgot to add you guys to my friends list. Friends don't need to punch in a 14 digit guild hall code in order to join rooms, just select 'friends' and click their name.

EDIT: Does Felyne Weakener work for expeditions?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:55:22 pm by OzyTheSage »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 12, 2015, 12:29:41 am »

Question about kinsects.  Are they preserved across weapons?  If I make the nerscylla glaive will the ugprades I gave to my kinsect on the bone staff cross over or should I save the nectar?
Shoes...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 12, 2015, 12:41:48 am »

No. Each new glaive has a new bug that starts from level 1. They'll be completely separate. This is nice if you messed up on the way to the rare bugs, but a pain at the beginning. Nectars do get pretty caravan point intensive.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 12, 2015, 12:42:46 am »

So how do rare bugs work?  Are they attached to rare glaives or something else?
Shoes...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 12, 2015, 01:02:45 am »

They're basically just the final fully-upgraded bugs at the end of the glaive's upgrade path. As you probably noticed, you have to upgrade the bug a couple times before upgrading the weapon itself.

Since every glaive has only one straight upgrade path instead of a tree, think of the different bugs you upgrade to as different choices on the weapon path. (This probably made more sense in my head)

There are... 4 of these final bugs, I think. There are 3 that specialize in two of the three stats each (power/stamina, stamina/speed, power/speed) and the last one has a slightly smaller boost to all 3 stats. They also each have a unique effect, like carrying two extracts instead of one or doubling buff length. I couldn't tell you which ones do what or how to get them off the top of my head, though.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 12, 2015, 01:25:30 am »

This might help you some, it certainly helped me a lot when it came to insect glaives and their kinsect upgrades.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 12, 2015, 10:18:25 am »

I got my stealth glaive.  It seems really strong, kind of too strong actually?  LIke the whole ugprading thing is complicated and it seems really easy to fuck up (I'm going pure speed path right now) but in return you get what...  Semi-permanent large damage boost and earplugs?  And mounting whenever you want?  And high speed infinite combos?  And basically a mini bowgun with no ammo.

It seems like you get a ton of stuff in exchange for the skill curve.
Shoes...

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 12, 2015, 12:01:52 pm »

Well, apparently the lance's charge isn't all that weak anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbT6V-FDrMQ
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 12, 2015, 12:13:53 pm »

That's basically what I did in low rank every time I toppled a monster, but sharpness is a big issue and I didn't use dash juices sooooo.

It works best with elemental weapons IMO. I always thought it did 100% elemental damage but it only does 50% which kinda turned me off on it. If it didn't eat through sharpness so fast I'd use it more often.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 12, 2015, 07:41:47 pm »

At first I thought launching type palicos were completely worthless, but apparently they have some merits. They will help you fill up the gauge while mounting, useful if you have issues mounting or don't have earplugs. As you may or may not know, mounting is like poison/paralysis/sleep/KO/Blast, monsters have varying amounts of tolerance to it and each jump attack you hit with chips away at that tolerance value, once you deal enough mounting value, you will mount. Each time the monster is mounted its tolerance is reset and goes up to make the next one harder to activate(up to a varying maximum value). The thing is, a launching palico's attacks chip away at a monster's mounting tolerance the same way your jump attacks would, allowing for easy repeated mounts.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 95