Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160048 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #240 on: February 28, 2015, 08:35:11 pm »

So, how strongly do you guys recent the new 3DS to play this? Is it alright without the second analog stick?
I don't really have any problems without the stick.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 28, 2015, 09:18:35 pm »

The stick isn't really needed, I used it(circle pad pro) in mh3U, and never used the lock on camera mechanic, but in 4U wyverns move way too much, the camera is slow and for some irredeemably stupid reason capcom decided that the stick can't move the camera vertically and horizontally at the same time making it too clunky to keep track of certain things properly. I mainly use the lock on camera now with some stick adjustments.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 28, 2015, 10:49:42 pm »

Maybe I can get an answer here.  I'm playing Monster Hunter 1 on an emulator and I'm wanting to make the Kut-Ku armor but it isn't showing up in the crafter's inventory.  Do I have to reach a certain rank or do something to make it appear?

Maybe I need a kut-ku scale?  I haven't gotten them to drop one yet.
Shoes...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2015, 12:47:24 am »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:55:41 pm by penguinofhonor »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2015, 01:02:52 am »

I haven't even started doing the HR mission in the gathering hall, just farming Expeditions and Guild Quests for Rusted Weapon/Armour and abrasives...
Though did just clear the second encounter with the Gore Malaga...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2015, 02:09:10 am »

Maybe I can get an answer here.  I'm playing Monster Hunter 1 on an emulator and I'm wanting to make the Kut-Ku armor but it isn't showing up in the crafter's inventory.  Do I have to reach a certain rank or do something to make it appear?

I don't really suggest playing MH1, the hitboxes were horribly wonky and the game was meant to be played online as the monster/equipment selection in singleplayer was pretty limited.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2015, 02:29:32 am »

You probably need a kut-ku scale. At least in the later games I've played, you need the first item on the list of materials to see it at the forge.

As for my status update, I'm HR5 and Caravan 8, trying to clean up all the quests. Got my Gore/Gore S mix and my Shadow Walker and Red Pincer, so that should be enough material farming for me. All I have to do is advance.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2015, 12:33:25 pm »

I only started playing 4u yesterday, but I really feel like playing a little with other people. I'll probably start checking into the IRC every now and again.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2015, 12:52:15 pm »

I don't really suggest playing MH1, the hitboxes were horribly wonky and the game was meant to be played online as the monster/equipment selection in singleplayer was pretty limited.

I'm just tiding myself over for my 4U delivery.  Managed to get the shipping bumped up so I should be playing it this week.
Shoes...

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 02, 2015, 05:22:39 am »

Well, you know what people say about only one Kinsect evolution being good for the Insect Glaive and that you shouldn't use the kinsect for damage? That's a load of bull that got started by someone and keeps being repeated by everyone who doesn't know better.

Instead of making the kinsect which doubles juice duration like everyone, on my second glaive I made the one that has a charge time of under a second instead of 3 seconds on the charge attack. This charge attack is worth 3-4 glaive melee attacks and since I'm using a blunt kinsect it knocks monsters out. I can keep attacking monsters when nobody dares get close and I don't need juices lasting twice as long, I'm getting them back up as soon as they're down.

The way to use it is tricky and it took me a while to figure out how to use it efficiently, but now I'm actually doing as good as the other melee hunters with it. Only problem is the whole thing sometimes getting in the way of evading since you hold R a lot and you jump instead of dodge with it held and letting go of it at the wrong time makes you shoot the pheromone and get flattened if you wanted to dodge an incoming attack.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 02, 2015, 08:22:38 am »

Whats the stats on your bug? Haven't really messed around with the growing the bug properly for actual use.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 02, 2015, 09:42:01 am »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:57:07 pm by penguinofhonor »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 02, 2015, 01:00:46 pm »

HR3~

Slowly, slowly I'll climb my way up.  Unlike the others I never really encountered any other real scrubs who didn't know how to capture monsters or not know what to do when I mount. My MP has always been really nice. However, I have noticed that the more ranks I climb, people become more diverse. Now it's like I'm the only charge blade user and teams will have horns and bowguns.

Having some serious trouble against some of these monsters in the singleplayer. It's the Rathalos and his friends. I can kill them, but it takes everything I have and then some. Hard to grind.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 02, 2015, 01:58:41 pm »

Welp, ordered a replacement 3DS. Dunno when it'll arrive, but I have to get some stuff done after it arrives, so...probably like two weeks before I can play?

Can't wait. It'll be my second Monster Hunter and first since Tri. Very excited.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 02, 2015, 02:20:34 pm »

I should be up ins by the end of the week.  What WEPON should I start out with?  MH1 is very limited so I'm not familiar with a lot of these things.  Kinsects?  Hunting horns?  I'll probably stick mostly to single player at least at first.  I'm thinking a greatsword, it's what I'm accustomed to using and taking wyverns one on one with a sword that takes a couple seconds to swing is very manly.  A spear might be cool too though.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 02:30:18 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 95