Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Station 5!  (Read 5678 times)

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
Station 5!
« on: February 09, 2008, 05:44:00 am »

Seeing as I have 2 very intense threads here already why not a third!

As EVERYONE might not know and I dont mean that standoffish, I'm a small fry game designer, and I've made loads of games that have never left my computer let alone had their own site. I would put a link up to up load this but seeing as its extremly messy and unorganized, I cant. So I'm just ganna make a RP.

History of Station 5!

The origional Station 5!, V1, was a side scroller I made back in 1999, It was nice several levels, bosses, fun little quarks like a charactor progression table, and hand-made graphics in my non-traditional style. V2 was a more personal one that, well frankly is too 'Adult' >.O, V2.2 was cleaner but still had the grit of the earliers and was no longer a side scroller. V3 was by far the worst, I had back-tracked for a history note version which although was informitive, was long boring and droll. V4 was my last Station 5! made so for as my main charactor died after saving known space, and having a space funeral with a full main gun salute, It was moving. As for Station 5! V5 I have no further plans.

What is it?

Its was a game created for self amusement, that turned out to be a smash hit with any visitors to my home, but never went further.

The main charactor 'voice acting by me' Jason, seen always wearing his 'White Ice'/'Black Steel' protective armor (except in V2 and also V3) dark hair, steel eyes, and that "I'm bad" look...Basicly went from level to level clearing Station 5 of the 'Defence Ring' of aleins/seeing women ******* (Voice acting not mine) and flying a 'Phantom Fighter' into enemy space except V3 which show'd how the stations were made, how he became a 'Defender' and why the aleins were attacking in the first place.

Now think this is the lore.
Your 'Defenders' will work/live/love/die on Station 5.
You are assigned a room on 'Level 5', admittance to the 'Mess hall level 4', personalized armor, three personal items, a gallon all purpose 1000 proof 'Medical Alcohol', and $2531$ 'S5Tender', a Stunner laser, 'Medical level 3' and 'Prison level 6'.
You dont have access to the 'Dock level 1', Airlocks, Kitchen, 'Deadly Weapons Storage level 2', and Leasure...I mean 'Storage level 7' since its 'under construction'.
Personal items must fit in a duffle and be non-destructive.

Decribe your 'Defender', armor, personal items, and bad habits.
Remember also to call the aleins 'Karth'n' when as proper species name.

HAVE FUN!

In your following posts you can do activitys gamble or whatever.

[ February 15, 2008: Message edited by: DreaDFanG ]

Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Station 5!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 07:55:00 am »

Is this going to be an Rp or something? And the defenders are human right?

Name: Helm
Armor: Green and silver
Items: Toothbrush, Box of Tissues, (sharp    :p ) letter opener
Helm is a very basic dude. He pretty much lives in the mess hall, eating. Once in a while he'll spit in someone's food when they aren't looking, but he's a pretty nice guy.

*fixed the mess hall thing

[ February 09, 2008: Message edited by: Helmaroc ]

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 08:00:00 am »

I'll join for now as station commander
Edwards(First name only)
Black obsidian Armor(Basic color, likeness, Armor)
personal items:'Shaving laser', 'Space Jugs Unlimited' Holo-Mag, "Commander keydisk' All-Acsess
He often pushes himself to hard, regrets losing 'Jason' too much, is too casual with his money

This is a RP aftr theres at least 5 defenders you can make aleins that carry deady weps, and get put into 'jail' and weps stored away (think alein jailbreak)

[ February 09, 2008: Message edited by: DreaDFanG ]

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 09:07:00 am »

Qwerty
armor: black and red(see metroid prime hunters player 4 samus)
personal:
-A disk with Dwarf Fortress version 17, now in full 3D, and a C compiler
-A box of lego
-A computer
Habits:
-disapearing for days at a time(playing DF)
-leaving small lego scenes where they annoy people(such as on their bed)
-"borrowing" computing power from the station to play DF
Eh?
Eh!

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 09:22:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by qwertyuiopas:
<STRONG>
-leaving small lego scenes where they annoy people(such as on their bed)
</STRONG>

I lol'ed at that.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 09:04:00 pm »

This seem interesting. I could do with a little sci-fi RP right now.

Name: Britton
Armor: Black & orange
Personal stuff:
* A rubiks cube.
* a big box of army men
* A small, mysterious box that he refuses to tell anyone about
<.<
>.>
He dosen't work any more than he needs to, but when he does, he's phenomenal. He occasionally goes off on long tirades about how "it's all a conspiracy, maaaan!"

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Sir Edmund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 09:21:00 am »

Name: Alexander Shaw (aka alex :P)
Armor: grey with reflective strips
Items: a steel torch (can withstand decompresion),a box of tools (assorted rusty screw drivers ect) and a PDA
Alex spends most of his time searching for faulty expiment in the dark places behind the wall/roof tiles, he genrally quite dusty and smells a bit musty but apart from that he seems fairly decent but is a bit of an introvert.

edit: forgot to close my brackets :S

[ February 11, 2008: Message edited by: Sir Edmund ]

EE
E@E
EEE

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 09:06:00 pm »

His name be 'Drake', or at least thats what everyone calls him, as he never speaks his real name. He's a hardened combatant of a stern but kind nature. He tends to employ less than honourable tactics in battle, along with fury and skill in melee weapons he's a fighter the Karth'n dont want to mess with.

He tends to wear heavier armour than the others, which is a colour similar to
bronze.

Items he carries on his person at almost all times are;

Longsword (The hilt is finely decorated while the blade is strong, sharp and well used.)

Flask (Contains a 'homebrew' mix of alcohol and healing-thingies, gives a small boost of health and raises the spirit! Good for any stressful combat situation.)

Ring (Copper studded with a band of small emeralds along the outer edge.)

Since the sword isnt thought of as deadly in this fancy future age, he managed to get it onboard the station. Even so, any unarmoured aliens are going to realise this is not the case...

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 09:17:00 pm »

Name: Charles Barkley
Armor: Jersey
Items: A basketball which he uses to slam and jam his enemies. Also a wedding ring.

Story: Shortly after the destruction of Necron 5, Barkley found himself  on another craft called Station 5. He does not remember who he is or how he got here, but still has an overwhelming urge to slam.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 11:03:00 pm »

Jason Elder(Nickname: Towelie)
Items: Baggie(filled with herbs he swears are used for cooking), plenty of paper, a dirty T-shirt and ripped jeans, a guitar
Habbits: Spends most of the time in his room, door locked, often with guitar music leaking out from his room

Bio: Got onto Station 5 by winning a lottery(the prize was a space up there). Grew up in a foster home, and spent most of his time out with friends, watching South Park(hence the nickname) or playing his guitar. Got introduced by weed by a close friend(although that was as far as he's ever go with drugs), and had a small hit in the local music industry which was enough to pay his bills while he kept recording.

He's brillant at recording music, and always has a one-liner up his sleeve, high or not.

Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 11:09:00 pm »

Little, we're only allowed 3 personal items. (I'm counting the paper)

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 06:11:00 am »

(OOC)OK, a quick fix to this.
You MUST put armor and cant have more then 3 items, and for Torak's "Necron 5" I'll be adding that you can come from any of 'Central Station's' Colonies and coming back to little, as my sister said "You can do that in your game?", yes but only if it doesnt directly say it such as 'Medical alcohol', Leasure...I mean 'Storage level 7'.

(IC)Today as Edwards walked down the halls of the 'Level 5' he ran into faces which he hadn't seen before "Must be another batch of 'CAKE's'(slang for Defenders) in the 'oven'(referance to the station/hotzone). Hearing the tone for lunch he walked calmly to the 'Mess hall' and noticed a broken 'Assember'(food maker)and called for a repair, after waiting what could be twenty minutes saw a new 'CAKE' walk towards him, say his name is alex and then open the 'Assember's' main plate. Walking away he noticed a 'PDA' with  paused game of 'Station Hunt' sticking out Alex's back pocket. Smiling he went and grabed a plate of 'Glop'(Food also 'Glip', 'Glorp', 'Plop', and 'Squish'.)

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 09:39:00 am »

Helm looked up to see Edward, the leader around this dump, coming over to one of the tables.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 01:13:00 pm »

Drake is busy wandering the corridors searching for anything that needs a good beating, yelling at or patting on the back.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Sir Edmund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 12:48:00 pm »

(IC)a pair of legs could be seen hanging out of the main panel of the assembler, the legs were surrounded by an open tool box and a scattering of tools. the legs twitched several times, a screw driver was flung out of the machine to a cry of 'ARG!'.

'ugh....Bloody Machine!' Yelled Alex as another jet of rather hot nutrient gloop or chicken soup as he liked to call it blasted him in the face causing him to whack his head off the panel below him. well at least its almost sorted he though to himself as he jammed a large screw driver into the dispenisng nossel.

About five minutes later anyone near by would have heard several cuss words followed by a 'Huzza!' and the sound of a man in armour trying to wriggle his way out of a rather small hole.

'finally' exclaimed Alex who was now standing outside the machine dripping with    Gloop, he packed up his tool box grabbed his PDA and with a shrug of victory against the evil dispensing machine started on his way to the shower block to get cleaned up

EE
E@E
EEE
Pages: [1] 2