Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1741 1742 [1743] 1744 1745 ... 1861

Author Topic: Corrupt a wish!  (Read 1276588 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupt a wish!
« Reply #26130 on: May 19, 2018, 12:03:30 am »

Granted, cats are now snakes.

I wish green was pink and pink was yellow.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26131 on: May 19, 2018, 12:17:32 am »

Granted. The words get switched around, people get confused and eventually invent new words for these colors.

I wish for Mars to get renamed to Pluto, just to make this whole "Pluto is a planet" thing to get even more confusing.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26132 on: May 19, 2018, 01:52:18 am »

Granted. There are now 2 Plutos in Roman mythology. One of them god of the underworld, the other god of war. Things get confusing rather quickly.

I wish for mankind to colonise another planet.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26133 on: May 19, 2018, 05:57:03 am »

Granted, but we are quickly killed off by the native species.

I wish that we would colonies another planet with a friendly native species.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
  • I bring hell (aka eternal PUNishment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26134 on: May 19, 2018, 04:39:40 pm »

they are cats that have thumbs on there hands...
(humans are slaves enjoy)
i wish that when i die I get reincarnated as a one of those(^) cats with my memories intact
everything is fine
 everything is on fire
I see no difference between these two phrases.
only at modded hell does this make sense

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26135 on: May 20, 2018, 01:20:56 am »

Granted. But seeing how you are now a cat with hands and thumbs, who has decades of human memories, you go insane while still in the womb. And you can not act after being born, because you have memories of having human body mapped but no mappings for cat body. You are left to die and devoured by some human slaves.

I wish to let loose the dogs of war against the cats.
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26136 on: May 20, 2018, 07:46:01 am »

Granted. They lose, horribly.

I wish for these cats on Earth

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26137 on: May 20, 2018, 07:31:16 pm »

no effect there were already there
i wish to be a cat
everything is fine
 everything is on fire

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26138 on: May 20, 2018, 07:47:54 pm »

Granted, You become a Cat Assaulting Terrier.
You overpower the cats and humanity is free once more.

I wish for better wish corruptions.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26139 on: May 20, 2018, 08:53:37 pm »

Granted.

April 13, 1907. None will believe this story, and all evidence has been lost to time. Nevertheless, I write because I must. I must put the dissident and clattering chaos of the unfamiliar that churns my mind to an Earthly Abaddon to paper, that the world might at least know the truth of the phantasmal doom that shall one day find me.

I was with my old Harvard colleague, an American of good stock and a philosopher by trade. His name was Victor Standish, and I hope that when his family receives this message that they will know that I merely wish them closure and the knowledge that Standish sold his life bravely. They should not read on.

We were in Normandy, visiting the ruins and mounds of citadels once inhabited by our ancestors that fought alongside William the Conqueror. One could almost feel the ancient blood that had been spilled in this land. The bones of the ones who had been slain to build the thrones of history's arbiters would never be truly excised from the triumphs born from their suffering. We wondered in later discussion, why is it that one side triumphs over another? We did not yet realize that we should find a final answer on our journey.

The locals had been supportive of our quest for identity and were gracious towards our poor understanding of their tongue. There was only one place they tried to warn us of, the Castle Poulpe. The educated Frenchmen simply said that no good had come of those who ventured to the ruin, while the more superstitious called it haunted.

Of course, this only fueled the fire of our curiosity. We told ourselves that we were braver than other men, and that the locals simply lacked the will to see that no mere ruin should be a thing of dread. We wished to be part of a legend. This was our doom.

We took a cab to Poulpe on the morning of the next day. We found the castle to be largely a mound, near indistinguishable from the normal slopes of the French countryside to the untrained eye. However, upon closer inspection we discovered a yawning maw carved in the side, concealed by imported Judean date palm trees. We took samples of the anomalous plants and entered the tunnel by torchlight. We made rubbings of ancient artwork we quickly found painted on the walls. They depicted the Jinn of Arabic myth, surrounded by men making sacrifices of their fellow men in exchange for the creature bringing disease to the cities and camps of their foes.

This was clearly disturbing, and we should have given up our quest immediately. Still we pressed on to a new and wondrous sight. The stone  and earthen walls began to fade to primitive wooden supports, and the advanced artwork was usurped by crude graven images made from bone and wood by some degenerate worshipers of its half-human subject. Still further, and the deplorable constructions were replaced by smooth metal. The art was now no longer recognizable images of creatures, but raw splatters and symbols by barely sentient minds screaming for some last taste of expression.

We found the last chamber. It was a rounded room and in the center of this room, surrounded by mummified corpses, was a large brass lamp of the shape made a permanent fixture in the minds of ambitious men by Scheherazade's tales. Standish and I went to inspect the thing. Knowing well the old legends, I took up the lamp and disturbed its surface in a sort of jest while suggesting a few wishes for wine and women that I should like to have granted.

Immediately, a horrid boneless thing emerged from the lamp. The abomination was a mass of nerves, tendrils and sensory organs, lifted into the air by a propulsive gas expelled from a hundred nozzles underneath. It looked at me and I was frozen in fright. It immediately latched on and tried to force open my mouth. Standish fired his gun at the thing. The smell of powder and the echoing blast snapped me out of my trance.

However, the creature was almost entirely unhurt. It hurled me to the floor and pounced upon Standish. I rose and tried to grasp the creature, but its strength was immense. Even as we both grappled with it, the creature broke open Standish's jaw and crawled into the mouth. Once inside, it's tendrils filled out his body, leaving only his eyes to twitch wildly in terror. He used his last words to command me to run. I am ashamed to admit I was already fleeing in terror. The last I saw of him, the creature used his own hands to bisect him with daemonic might. The creature's gaseous cloud then emerged from the wound, and I saw the legend made real as Standish's corpse raised into the air.

I fled the tunnels and fainted as soon as I was well away from the terrible mound. When I awoke, I went to the authorities. They knew I had traveled with a companion, so they accompanied me in spite of their skepticism toward the fantastic features of my tale. When we got to the rubble, the caverns in which my companion and I had traveled were no longer accessible. Only the expected ruins remained. I was nearly blamed for Standish's murder, but I was eventually able to secure release after a stay in an asylum.

Once I had returned to England, I hunted for any scrap of information I could find on the monster. Everything was useless, besides the pages of the dread Necronomicon. There I found a terrible truth. The creature would require a new host soon, once the meat had fully rotted away from its current vessel. Further, it was a creature that knew humanity all too well, owing to its inhabitation of human hosts. In particular, it knew the curse we call spite. Once a man had escaped it, it would never forget him until it had gained his shell for its own. Even after its vengance, it would return every 111 years to possess one of his descendants.

This is Professor Old Puppyguard, and I must tell this story.

I wish for a pony.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 08:57:18 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26140 on: May 21, 2018, 05:34:09 am »

you get the pony
it eats flesh...
enjoy 
i wish for people to fear my puns
everything is fine
 everything is on fire

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26141 on: May 21, 2018, 06:36:48 am »

Granted, people fear your pun because they are so bad that when someone hears them they die.

I wish to not be able to hear puns.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #26142 on: May 21, 2018, 09:48:29 am »

Granted. You’re deaf now.
I wish to be awesomer

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26143 on: May 21, 2018, 02:17:53 pm »

You are now more awesome. You inspire awe in all within 5m of you that can see or hear you or any of your worn items. That includes yourself. Awe means great fear. You have contracted autophobia.

Edit: i wish to become immune to such mind affecting magic.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #26144 on: May 21, 2018, 02:41:40 pm »

Granted. Mankind has colonized Pluto, although we're not sure which one.

I wish for Venus to also be Pluto.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 1741 1742 [1743] 1744 1745 ... 1861