Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1657 1658 [1659] 1660 1661 ... 1861

Author Topic: Corrupt a wish!  (Read 1276886 times)

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
  • Fenrisúlfr shall consume.
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupt a wish!
« Reply #24870 on: November 08, 2017, 06:06:23 am »

I wish it were slightly warmer, but not too warm, according to my personal opinions about warmth.

Granted, but everyone else hates it, and knows it's your fault, and thinks you can change it at will, so they torture you to get you to change the temperature, but you just die, unable to change it.
Also the change in global temperature causes widespread ecological disasters, and changes in weather patterns to become disastrous.

After your painful death, since the temperature changes to match what you are comfortable with, and dead people are comfortable with anything, the temperature veers wildly , causing the death of all life.

I wish that the next person's wish won't get corrupted.
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24871 on: November 08, 2017, 06:12:38 am »

Granted. Unfortunately, the next person wishes for you, personally, to suffer.

I wish for Cyne-Wulf, personally, to suffer. Sorry, Cyne-Wulf, your wish caused me to have no choice. If you think about it, it's really your fault.

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24872 on: November 08, 2017, 06:19:31 am »

I suffer. My physics exam is on Friday.

I wish that someone does a wish that is already so bad that the only way to corrupt it would be to make it better.
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #24873 on: November 08, 2017, 06:50:25 am »

OOC; Wouldnt that be less people correcting me rathe than more ???
I kind of parsed the wish as "more of the people who correct me would look at the source material", so the more onerous condition means fewer people bother at all. If you object, though, I can regrant the wish with more people correcting you total.

Nah, Its fine, I simply failed to take that interpretation into account when writing it.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #24874 on: November 08, 2017, 02:02:04 pm »

I suffer. My physics exam is on Friday.

I wish that someone does a wish that is already so bad that the only way to corrupt it would be to make it better.

I wish the worst day ever in all of time would end.

I wish I could wish in a deep Baritone.

Edit: If someone wishes for a certain kind of wish, do you make a single wish or a wish to grant the wish and a wish of your own?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 02:20:11 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24875 on: November 08, 2017, 08:06:37 pm »

Edit: If someone wishes for a certain kind of wish, do you make a single wish or a wish to grant the wish and a wish of your own?

Granted, but your wish causes the worst day ever to begin. You start the end of days, and at it's end, the universe also ceases to exist.

Granted but your baritone is so deep that noting can perceive what you're saying.
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24876 on: November 09, 2017, 11:55:37 am »

Granted, but your wish causes the worst day ever to begin. You start the end of days, and at it's end, the universe also ceases to exist.

Granted but your baritone is so deep that noting can perceive what you're saying.

Granted. You gain the essence of nothingness. You are deleted from the universe.

I wish for people to stop thinking that adding shockwaves into music makes it good.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24877 on: November 09, 2017, 09:06:27 pm »

Granted, now everyone thinks adding indistinct muttering into the background makes music good.

I wish for an R rated Tellytubbies movie with an original plotline.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24878 on: November 09, 2017, 09:11:55 pm »

Due to a clerical error, you get an X-rated Teletubbies movie with an extremely original plotline, and it is now the only thing you can watch for the rest of your life, even playing in your dreams.

I wish to build a chrysalis and emerge as a horrifying world-eating monster that can't be killed.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24879 on: November 09, 2017, 09:15:05 pm »

Granted, you emerge as a tiny bacteria, capable of devouring microscopic worlds but unable to grow larger or clone itself. You are still vulnerable to old age (you have about an hour of life) but you are impervious to damage during that time.

I wish for all music to become a weapon.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24880 on: November 09, 2017, 09:17:30 pm »

Granted, you emerge as a tiny bacteria, capable of devouring microscopic worlds but unable to grow larger or clone itself. You are still vulnerable to old age (you have about an hour of life) but you are impervious to damage during that time.

I wish for all music to become a weapon.

OOC; But isn't aging basically the result of taking environmental damage, logically he should be unable to age right ???

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24881 on: November 09, 2017, 09:59:01 pm »

((Paxie: Half right. 'Aging' is a process of defect accumulation---some of it comes from external sources (Radiation, carcinogenic food or exposure to other gene-damaging substances), but some of it is internal (Damage to neurons that is generally not ever repaired, DNA copy errors, things like that]) and thus would happen even without external damage. He would, however, likely age somewhat slower as he won't suffer the external DNA-damaging effects of radiation and such.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24882 on: November 09, 2017, 10:04:50 pm »

Yes, "cannot be killed" clearly includes "from aging".
I will accept the wish granted without the hour-of-life clause.

All music can already be a weapon if you play it loudly enough!

I wish for an overpowered sonic blaster.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24883 on: November 09, 2017, 10:11:29 pm »

Yes, "cannot be killed" clearly includes "from aging".
Let me alter it:
Granted, you emerge as a tiny bacteria, capable of devouring microscopic worlds but unable to grow larger or clone itself. You are immune to all forms of death, but you can feel pain, to the point where it immobilizes you.

Granted, but the gamemaster takes it away after realizing how OP it is.
At least you still got to blast the big bad evil guy!

I wish for massive speakers that take no power to function.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24884 on: November 09, 2017, 10:15:05 pm »

Granted, but the sound is barely audible, and later you find out that the reason they work without power is because they've been draining your soul.

And you got them from Circuit City so you won't be getting any refunds!

I wish the GM from Puppyguard's granting of my wish would be replaced by me, so that I could allow myself to have OP things.
Pages: 1 ... 1657 1658 [1659] 1660 1661 ... 1861