Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 847 848 [849] 850 851 ... 1861

Author Topic: Corrupt a wish!  (Read 1274790 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Corrupt a wish!
« Reply #12720 on: February 24, 2013, 06:24:44 pm »

I wish for a B.O.A.T.

Is this from a game or something?

Granted, it requires 10% fewer resources.

I wish that me previous post had been correctly interpreted as a non-post and so resulted in the previous poster's wish being granted.
I have hereby officially won this thread- since it takes 10% fewer resources, the body doesn't need to store as much energy in the cells, and the cells shrink to accommodate.
My wish went through uncorrupted, SUCCESS!

Also: we're already operating on limited resources, a limited amount of infinite resource might solve problems if our race is suitably grown-up.

Granted. You get a set of Adamantine teeth
heavy as Thor's hammer.

dat constipation.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 06:30:16 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12721 on: February 24, 2013, 06:29:38 pm »

Granted, you get a Boring Oration Arranged by a Treehugger.

I wish for a machine that can generate perfect sandwiches to be immediately accessible by me.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #12722 on: February 24, 2013, 06:32:37 pm »

Granted, you get a Boring Oration Arranged by a Treehugger.

I wish for a machine that can generate perfect sandwiches to be immediately accessible by me.

Granted, but it comes into existence in the space your head used to occupy. As in you're dead, and everyone else gets to eat the pile of perfect sandwiches around your body. Also: the sandwiches can't be eaten fast enough and the world is suffocated by them.

I wish for more wishes.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12723 on: February 24, 2013, 07:18:44 pm »

Congratulations, you have won the wish lottery! You get the following bonus wishes:
To be hated by everyone.
To be able to feel everyone's hatred.
To fail at everything that you try to do.
To have all your past accomplishments come to futile ends.
Enjoy your prizes!

I wish to be the the patron god of accurate spelling.

P.S.
Granted, it requires 10% fewer resources.

I wish that me previous post had been correctly interpreted as a non-post and so resulted in the previous poster's wish being granted.
I have hereby officially won this thread- since it takes 10% fewer resources, the body doesn't need to store as much energy in the cells, and the cells shrink to accommodate.
My wish went through uncorrupted, SUCCESS!

Also: we're already operating on limited resources, a limited amount of infinite resource might solve problems if our race is suitably grown-up.
1: you fail the tread, due to not granting or wishing for anything.
2: Life doesn't work like that, your cells expand because they can. Throw in a few hundred generations and maybe your cellular activity might adjust for it...
3: Our race is a very very very long way away from being that grown up.
4: 'Better' is a long way from 'good enough'...
5: Given that your biological processes now produce massive excess energy relative to available food, you must have food specifically synthesised, exercise constantly, or become morbidly obese to the point that it kills you.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #12724 on: February 24, 2013, 07:29:13 pm »

Granted. Unfortunately your jurisdiction only covers Klingon.

I wish that the wish lottery retroactively had better prizes.

1. Failing and winning are not mutually exclusive with the presence of time.
2. I'm talking about (specific) adipose tissue whose size does, in fact, depend on your body's ability to metabolize it's contents. Also: wishes make everything possible.
3/4. True enough, but I tried.
5. Good try, but you said requires less, not produces more. Unless there's double-jeopardy, I'm home free. (also, definition of chemical energy is fun)
Badges of honor

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12725 on: February 24, 2013, 07:32:51 pm »

Granted. Now the prizes affect everyone else.

I wish to be omniscient, with the omniscience controllable by my conscious wish.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #12726 on: February 24, 2013, 08:07:27 pm »

Granted. Before you even fully realize what you've done, you decide you don't want it anymore, and you forget everything in that very same instant.

I wish all the executives on the board of Wish Lottery Inc. were fired, frozen in carbonite, and dropped into a black hole.
-edit
stockholders too.
Badges of honor

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12727 on: February 24, 2013, 08:11:25 pm »

Granted.However, an identity thief gets hired under your name; and you get the aforementioned actions done to you.

I wish Pokémon had only 150 pokemans; like the good old days :'(

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #12728 on: February 24, 2013, 08:20:05 pm »

Granted. Half of them are unowns, the others are the scum of the proverbial pokemon trashbin.

I wish I was really lucky for the rest of my natural life.

ninja'ing: Btw If I'm going to die so soon, it better be in a really lucky way.

-edit
Granted.However, an identity thief gets hired under your name; and you get the aforementioned actions done to you.
worth it

You are extremely lucky for your natural life. A split second before your wish is granted, you suffer a failure of all organs. The doctors replace your body with a new one. You are now artificially alive.
Welp, I come out of the equation with a life-saving operation that gives me a new robot body and a new lease on life. Sweet.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:06:40 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12729 on: February 24, 2013, 08:23:53 pm »

You are extremely lucky for your natural life. A split second before your wish is granted, you suffer a failure of all organs. The doctors replace your body with a new one. You are now artificially alive.

I wish RtD was done with a d8 instead.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12730 on: February 25, 2013, 04:44:01 am »

*unsure as to what RtD is*

I wish that you help me, and my goals, to the best of your ability, which includes dechipering my goals, after i tel you i have finished staing my goals, which are as follows:

*generic help the world etc etc etc*

I have finished stating my goals.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12731 on: February 25, 2013, 06:09:19 am »

RtD
Nobody can think of anything good for the two new options, so they end up being "nothing happens" and only serve to make the games slower...

You goals are to compete with those around you and to gather status and possessions. The status and possessions require ever growing maintenance that eventually paralyses your progress. Continually competing with others erodes your mental resources and leaves you desperate. Enjoy...

The eugenics program is a great success, genetic deficiencies are at an all-time low! It has been so successful, in fact, that we are upgrading it to purge all inferior life. Cattle, Grain, yeast, all life must be purged if it does not meet our strict standards!

I wish for a back-stage pass to where they keep the crashed space-aliens.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:10:53 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12732 on: February 25, 2013, 11:57:33 am »

Granted.  The government injects you with alien DNA, causing a deep burning sensation but nothing else.  You are quarentined indefinately.

I wish for ketchup with my french fries.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12733 on: February 25, 2013, 12:06:31 pm »

Granted.  The government injects you with alien DNA, causing a deep burning sensation but nothing else.  You are quarentined indefinately.

Granted, however it is not Heinz ketchup, and is therefore sub-par.

I wish for frozen yogurt.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12734 on: February 25, 2013, 12:15:54 pm »

Granted, however it is not Heinz ketchup, and is therefore sub-par.

I wish for frozen yogurt.

Granted. You get a 40 kilo block of frozen-solid plain yoghurt. Now what?

I wish for a better nose.

Also, there is nothing wrong with other brands than Heinz. I personally find Heinz too sweet.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb
Pages: 1 ... 847 848 [849] 850 851 ... 1861