Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Journeys: RPG of Wandering RELOADED!  (Read 3425 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Journeys: RPG of Wandering RELOADED!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 08:45:08 pm »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2015, 08:46:15 pm »

Updated my spoiler.

Same Here.

You get one skill for each stat. Sorry this is still unclear, I think it was unclear last time too. So you can still add more!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2015, 08:49:42 pm »

Updated My Spoils.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2015, 08:56:24 pm »

I am still messing up my explanation. So, I will give an example using Terra's

Firearms: Average(Revolver)
Dodge: Average(Cover)
Melee: Poor(Swords)
Charisma: Poor(Intimidation)
Strength: Average(Endurance)
Agility: Excellent(Survival)
Repair: Excellent(Creating/improvising)

See, you can have one skill (things in these are skills) for one stat(The thing before the:is the stat). So you can have a stat like those^ if you want.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2015, 09:03:24 pm »

I don't think I'm gonna participate, but it seems interesting, so PTW.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2015, 09:09:20 pm »

Yay!~ I did something right....finaly

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 04:10:20 pm »

Alright then! Let the Journey begin!

Morlin's truck trudges along a simply dirt road, one not particularly well cared for along the sides but wide enough it doesn't matter. Leafy green trees surrounded him in every direction, save the one ahead where the perfectly straight road resides. Birds could be heard chirping in the far-off distance, with the only other signs of life being the squirrels that dart from tree to tree every so often.

A good distance (and a bit of time) passes, with little changing save the clouds overhead becoming darker and darker. Finally, a single branch (not a tree one this time!) breaks off the log like road, a single trail destroying the monotony. It is much thinner then the main road, though much better kept. It is like comparing a raging river to a garden stream. A garden, that is what it appeared to be. The trees and bushes where well-carved on either side, some simply cut into shapes like rectangles or eggs, while others where well detailed animals, from a tree who's leaves formed an elephant to a rosebush in the form of a dog detailed enough to be a statue.

This road looks like it leads to a civilization, likely a good place to stock up on goods before continuing onward, of course providing any other service a town could.

What do you do?

Lucius finds his journey incredibly smooth, the black tar road beneath him making the last few miles the easiest he has had in a while. The pure black road seemed to almost attract the sun glaring over his head, causing sweat to form everywhere imaginable, though it is bearable compared to dragging all this gear up a steep hill or bumpy road.

Aside from the road, there wasn't much of interest around, unless one is interested in grassy fields. Both sides of the road overflowed with overgrown green grass, making almost a forest around him. It seemed to be at least thigh high, some standing straight up making almost a forest of grass. Even with all the greenery, the area still feels somehow lifeless. It almost feels as if bugs do not even inhabit the area, you hadn't seen a living thing since you entered the grasslands.

Finally, in the distance, quivering in the heat of the road, was the walls of a large town going in miles either direction. Simple cement walls, with gates every half mile or so, you see as you get closer. The road appears to go straight through it, if you are in need of any supplies or anything else a town may provide, this may be a good place to stop. You don't think you would have any trouble getting around it, the nearby grass seems to have been burned away from the walls a good distance making a relatively smooth ride.

What do you do?

Arthur's van follows the windy road that follows the windy river, occasionally kicking up the brown gravel making up said road into said river. Despite the constant twists and turns, the gravel road is of high quality and rather smooth, allowing Hound to sleep without any disturbances. The mountains, almost directly to your left and a good bit across the river to your right, provide a pleasant shade that seems to keep off all but the most stubborn plants that have formed themselves on or near the river.

The road starts getting much steeper, as does the river, as you continue onward. Whoever created this road tried to rid it of some of its steepness by winding it back and forth as it goes downwards, finally away from the river he seemed to love, helping negate this somewhat but taking up a bit more time to cover the same distance.

Finally, the road seems to fork, just as you can see the edge of the elevated area you are currently on. The clear river continues forward, falling off a steep cliff as a waterfall. Above it is a clear sky, below it a valley. Far below it, more like. In that valley is what appears to be a small country, situated by the river. One road leads down this mountain, in a carefully carved set of slopes of the same construction as the one you are on now. The other leads upward, deeper into the mountains, likely allowing you to skip the valley entirely by following the mountain roads.

It might be nice to stop for any supplies you could need, as well as the other things a town can offer, before going any further.

What do you do?

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 04:12:09 pm »

Morlin drives down the Road and asks Fredrick what he thinks of this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2015, 04:31:52 pm »

Arthur drives down the road into the valley, because he forgot to put things in his inventory that he probably will need in the future...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2015, 05:52:39 pm »

Name: "Whatever"
Character Concept: He is a sportsman, designed to be the best athlete at whatever he does, with no failure, with any failure criticised by "G", his coach in his head. He will be the best sportsman, no matter what.

Inventory: M1 Garand, Leather Coat, #1 T-shirt, Jeans, Backpack of food, Water, box of hunting ammo, hunting knife
Ally: "G". "G" is not a real person. "G" is the other voice in his head, personally designed to antagonize and demonize anything "Whatever" does, says, anything he does, "G" is a natural critic extraordinaire, and all for no cost, other than your anger, inadequacy, and tears, no tears though, real men don't cry
Transportation: ATV, with spiked tires, snow plow front end, roll cage with inventory attached on the back, and efficiently gas powered

Stats and skills:

Firearms:Average(Rifles)
Doge:Average(Parkour)
Melee:Average(Mixed Martial Arts)
Charisma:Poor(Talking to G)
Strength: Excellent(Endurance)
Agility: Excellent(Reflexes)
Repair:Poor(Diet)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 12:21:41 am »

Lucius bikes to town, while wondering how he got to the grassland.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 12:57:51 pm »

Name: "Whatever"
Character Concept: He is a sportsman, designed to be the best athlete at whatever he does, with no failure, with any failure criticised by "G", his coach in his head. He will be the best sportsman, no matter what.

Inventory: M1 Garand, Leather Coat, #1 T-shirt, Jeans, Backpack of food, Water, box of hunting ammo, hunting knife
Ally: "G". "G" is not a real person. "G" is the other voice in his head, personally designed to antagonize and demonize anything "Whatever" does, says, anything he does, "G" is a natural critic extraordinaire, and all for no cost, other than your anger, inadequacy, and tears, no tears though, real men don't cry
Transportation: ATV, with spiked tires, snow plow front end, roll cage with inventory attached on the back, and efficiently gas powered

Stats and skills:

Firearms:Average(Rifles)
Doge:Average(Parkour)
Melee:Average(Mixed Martial Arts)
Charisma:Poor(Talking to G)
Strength: Excellent(Endurance)
Agility: Excellent(Reflexes)
Repair:Poor(Diet)

I just want to say accepted! Ill get to the actual posts later today. I am spending the day studying for a Physics exam at 6:00, and will be able to get to this after that. Sorry for any inconvenience!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 01:13:42 pm »

Huge inconvenience man, how dare you study for an important exam before dealing with inconsequential forum games? >:(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 02:53:42 pm »

Huge inconvenience man, how dare you study for an important exam before dealing with inconsequential forum games? >:(

Important? It is just the first exam. I probably could have passed it without studying, all I really needed was an hour in the library to recap some things, and really don't need a whole day....

I mean...Inconsequential!? How dare you! You do not realize the power of my forum games! Every time I post, a million worlds pop into existence, based entirely around my forum games. Civilizations rise and fall, depending on the quality of my posts. It is a huge burden to carry, and one I do not take lightly.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 12:31:30 pm »

I decided *not* to do it late last night. Nobody was on anyway, and I was tired. Nobody wants me to write with a head full of physics anyway  :-\. 'ere we go!

While driving down the road with one hand, you fish out Fredrick and slip him on your ring finger with the other. Fredrick, of course, begins speaking to you.

"Some bloody advice you want, eh? How about this: WASH YOUR BLOODY HANDS! Not in your own filth this time. Honestly, look at them. They are all black and sweaty from being on that wheel all day. Would you like to be dipped into a bath of filth? No, forget I asked, I am sure I wouldn't like the answer."

(One of the reasons everyone starts near a town~)

You carefully coast down the steep road, only setting your foot on the gas once or twice in the entire trip down. It took a lot of concentration, and you where careful not to go off the unguarded edges, but the gas mileage must have been amazing. The view was a bit distracting, with both the treat of a drop and the breathtaking view of the valley below asking for attention, but it is nothing a Wanderer can't get over easy.

You finally arrive at the bottom, the road entering the valley just a short distance from where the waterfall throws up mist. The road, of course, follows that river on and on. There is much more life down here, evergreen trees pop up every so often (though not nearly enough to be called a "forest") with the standard field grass and weeds instead of the bare rock of the mountain. Once you near the city, plowed fields could also be seen, with their own cultivated life adding to that of the valley's natural growth.

As you approach the walls of the city, you notice they seem to be made of the same gravel as the road. The wall looks almost just like the road, save a bit more wearing on the part of the wall. A guard with a rifle slung over his shoulder was watching you approach using a pair of binoculars from the top of the gate, behind what seemed to be gravel sandbags.

"Greetings Wanderer! What is your business in our little town?" the guard shouts as you get nearer, putting down the binoculars and cupping his hands to his mouth.

You have a brief flashback. There is an old man with a crooked finger pointing in a direction. There is screaming and gunfire. You, alone with your bike, on a raft in the ocean in stormy seas. Then, a jungle, surrounded by men shooting at you while giant pythons follow you deeper into the jungle.

Then you stop daydreaming and remember thinking "That grassland looks nice. Lets go there." or something to that effect. Your memory is a bit fuzzy on the issue.

No matter what brought you here, here you are. And in town you will be, soon. Your legs continue their rhythmic motion forward, continuing at a steady pace down the smooth road to the town with little trouble. Within no time, the concrete walls are within a stone's throw.

You make your way to the nearest steel gate, noticing a small sliver cut out from the wall next to it. Apparently, it is a guard box built into the wall. You approach it, to be greeted by an unseen guard who's voice seems to come from outside the wall. It is a little staticy, but readable.

"Good evening sir. To enter this city, you must fill out the proper paperwork for a Wanderer's Visa. It requires you state your name, armaments, and purpose for visit among other important information. Knowingly lying or falsifying this information is a crime. If you cannot write, assistance will be provided. The maximum time you may stay in our city without renewal is currently one week."

A paper appears through the slot, next to an ink pen.

"Whatever" finds himself crossing a snowy road through a snowy forest of thick evergreen trees. There doesn't seem to be too much ice on the road, it looks like he is the first traveler to take it for a long while. Lucky for him, his transportation is suited for this environment perfectly. Unlucky for him, his cloths are a rather different story, with his leather jacket scarcely acting to keep out the could surrounding him, and his fingers and toes are completely freezing. How he survived this long is a mystery.

In the distance, through the grouped trees, a new road forks off. Well, you assume it is a new road. The only way to tell where the road is past the thick blankets of snow was the fact it was relatively level and there where no trees in the way. In any case, past this probably road was a palisade, indicating some form of semi-permenent settlement here. By its size, you judge it must be a town.

Pages: 1 [2] 3