Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread [IN-BETWEEN MISSIONS]  (Read 18300 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread [MISSION 1]
« Reply #180 on: February 12, 2015, 11:03:34 am »

Iris sighs, before setting something on her dashboard- a ragdoll, one she'd made god-knows-how long ago.

She saw it as a good luck charm- and she needed all the good luck she could get.
"Edelweiss, moving out!"
Edelweiss: (0,3,0), providing cover for Neptune.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 12:16:27 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 12, 2015, 12:13:28 pm »

Machinehead: 0, -1, -1, as I can't cross the river in one go anyway.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 12, 2015, 12:50:43 pm »

Tonya moved her mech's pedals in tune with the machines slow steps forward, using the control stick to increase speed, and the lean bars on either end to adjust the sway and direction-the sort of bicycle arrangement she had sort of designed herself, it was standard among newer mecha-a great advantage being it could be used for quick evasive maneuvers. As she turned the mech, her seat turned-another small innovation, orienting her bubble canopy toward her next destination. She reflected that the machine was superbly balanced, though it certainly needed some time in the shop to fine-tune it's calibration. She felt the left leg was dragging a bit-could feel the tiniest vibration going up through her leg harness. Another advantage. These machines spoke to you...maybe some water had gotten in the left-anterior piston. She increased steam pressure to the left leg by the barest amount, almost a peck, really.

Compared to many mechs in the service, the Harbringer was a dream to drive-she felt bad for Rumman, who still had to manipulate the Hamkars wooden-handle pulleys, and overhead levers like a deranged orchestra conductor. Then again, it was possible he had already customized it in ways she couldn't tell. It was a bit of an unspoken rule of conduct not to pry on the specifications about another pilots cockpit...

Alright, half of her squad was giving the go-light. As if she could have enough modifications? She had long since learned to slave systems together-the 'go-board' she had soldered to her controls was linked into all the mechs into her squad by the backup communication system, which used the archaic but occasionally useful dot-dash method. A green light meant your mech was operating normally-you just sent the letters 'GG', and it turned the light on her board from yellow-all good, but waiting-to green.

If you had a mechanical problem, you did the dot-dash code for the word 'bust'. Once her mech got that signal, the light on her board would go red-big trouble. Given how often mechs broke down, it was a vital utility-and you couldn't always rely on radios, either, which were just as finicky.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 12:52:30 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 12, 2015, 03:45:51 pm »

Lacie nodded as she heard the orders and moved her massive mech into life,
Freedom: 2,0,-2)
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 12, 2015, 05:23:14 pm »

Hierarch: 0,0,-5
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 12, 2015, 10:07:27 pm »

"Aaaallllright then, moving."
Squint 0, 0, -5

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 12, 2015, 11:48:32 pm »

((Welp. What are the coordinates system in this game.))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 12, 2015, 11:53:44 pm »

I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 12, 2015, 11:55:22 pm »

((Thanks))

"Affirmative, miss/ma'am/whatever you'd like me to call you!"

Move to 5, 0, 0.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 12:32:15 am by Pencil_Art »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2015, 10:54:47 am »

"It's Boomgirl, Ma'am. I-I thought I wrote that down."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 06:54:15 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2015, 12:31:13 pm »

"It's Boomgirl, Ma'am. I-I thought I wrote that down.

There was a second of unspoken silence from Tonya.

"Right.

Just stay focused, and try not to hit the vicars."

Tonya was in fact reminding Midoki of an incident that had taken place during her training, back on the Terralban countryside. They had gotten permission to help demolish an old homestead with live weapons, and Tonya had helpfully painted an image of a large, mech-like enemy upon the side of the barn-she wasn't sure of Midoki understood the reference at the time...she had also set up some plywood, human shaped targets-and painted them as civilians and farm animals-mostly wooden crowds of friendly, waving, old people, along with priests and farmhands. She had been trying to teach Midoki precise accuracy, telling her to hit the target, without extensive collateral damage....

Well, after the smoked cleared from Midoki's ferocious barrage, the local church going population had been entirely destroyed-so had the church behind them, the windmill, the inn, and the stable-along with a good deal of farm animals, even the painted wooden children had been reduced to splinters.

The only target untouched was, in fact, the barn and the image of the mech itself.

Tonya still didn't know if the young fox had been razzing her old schoolmaster or not.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 02:12:06 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2015, 01:46:09 pm »

Mydoki giggled at the reminder. Her instructor hadn't been able to summon words for a few minutes after the smoke had cleared. It had been fun, feeling the bam-foosh of the ignition kick of the missiles and watching the plumes of smoke swirl in front of the mech.

"Hehehehe! I wouldn't do such a thing, Ma'am." Leaving it unclear as to if she'd never hit them, or she'd never try not to hit the vicars.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 06:54:42 pm by GiglameshDespair »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2015, 03:28:15 pm »

Averus sighed. "Just stay focused, Mydoki."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
25th Mech Squad - IC Thread [MISSION 1] [NEXT TURN UP]
« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2015, 06:47:57 pm »

As everyone's mechs lumber forward, the Edo leader declares, "So you refuse to back down. I am not surprised, but know that I was not idly boasting! We shall not suffer your aggression for long." And so the Edo mechs swing into action.

Quote from: Qalupalik 1, 2 and 3 verses Excelsior
3 60mm Repeater Cannon Attacks:
Chance to Hit: 9 - 38 = 52%
Rolls: [20] [30] [71] [65] [76] [54] [50] [55] [15] 4 Hits!
Damage: 940 - 480 = 460 damage
Total Damage: 1840 damage!

'Spear' Kinetic Rockets Counter Attack:
Chance to Hit: 120 - 50 = 70%
Roll: [69] 1 Hit!
Total Damage: 1260 - 390 = 870 damage!

Unfortunately Averus moves his Excelsior too far forward and immediately gets jumped on by several Qalupaliks, who set up a withering fire of 60mm cannon rounds from their repeaters. The Edo pilots, despite being rookies, know their business and the Excelsior finds that most of its attackers are too far out of range to retaliate. All except one, which manages to blunder into the range and gets a full salvo of rockets in return. Unfortunately the damage to the Edo mech is minor compared to the damage the Excelsior received, and the rest of the Edo mechs quickly rush forward to threaten to overrun Averus and the Excelsior.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:11:11 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2015, 06:59:05 pm »

"I should focus? Be more careful yourself, dummy!"
Boomgirl pouted slightly. Not only did she get chided by someone who just got pounded, the enemy had struck the first blow.

Wait, did Averus have a superior rank? She was slightly nervous, and she couldn't remember. Uh oh.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27