Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread [IN-BETWEEN MISSIONS]  (Read 18311 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2015, 01:11:43 pm »

Marya nods.
"Yes, actually. I never believed the stories about how safe Mechs were until I watched my team run to safety. Anyways, funny story about that. So I was covering them whilw they ran, when all of a sudden I see an artillery shell sailing towards me. Well, I already wasn't thinking and I just kind of made my mech swing at it... I knocked it out of the air like a volleyball! And that's how I got the knickname 'Bombshell'."
Tonya looks about a bit before leaning in and whispering.
"Don't tell anyone but it was mostly luck.

Marya turns to the man with a smile.
"Of course not sir! I have better assests to add to the poster than those!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2015, 01:17:05 pm »

And that's how I got the nickname 'Bombshell'.

"Well, color me enlightened." Tonya A. says with a raised eyebrow.

She then shoots rumman a wry glance.

"Weren't you in a poster too, Rum? I thought you were the model for that ominous silhouetted figure standing in Serapul and looming darkly over all of Madenhu-'THE SHADOW OF EVIL IS SPREADING."?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2015, 01:18:06 pm »

"So you people were in those posters?"
Iris asks rather innocently.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2015, 01:22:55 pm »

'Good god, woman! I was young and they paid well. If I'd known they were going to have me be the enemy, I'd never have gone,' Rum says, 'pfwah'hing for good measure. He looks back to the young pilot. 'Assets, aha, hmm... er, in any case, welcome aboard, Bombshell.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2015, 01:27:17 pm »

Lionan sorta hangs out by Upshift.
"Our love will blossom one day, my sweet,"he says to Upshift.
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2015, 01:29:55 pm »

Marya nods to Iris before turn and saluting Rum.
"Pleasure to be here sir!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2015, 01:30:11 pm »

'Good god, woman! I was young and they paid well. If I'd known they were going to have me be the enemy, I'd never have gone,' Rum says, 'pfwah'hing for good measure. He looks back to the young pilot. 'Assets, aha, hmm... er, in any case, welcome aboard, Bombshell.'

"Admit it, your 'shadow of evil' has always been fairly encompassing...

Ah well, you gone and went ahead and named her, we have to keep her now."
Tonya says with an air of mock letdown. Like the old days, she thought wistfully. The squad really was your family...even if someone like her might have to send them to die, to save the other ones.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2015, 01:38:12 pm »

'Nonsense, it's all muscle! Or was, anyway...' Rumman says, poking himself in the stomach. To his credit, it does seem to be fairly solid.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2015, 02:40:59 pm »

Trevor walks calmly over to Tonya. Specifically the officer one. He salutes solidly.
"Ma'am."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2015, 02:42:05 pm »

Iris also salutes. She seems somewhat shocked- she hadn't realised Tonya was their officer.
"Ma'am!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2015, 03:03:44 pm »

"At ease, the both of you."

She recalled they were both fairly green pilots. Tonya noted Iris about jumped out of her boots. Probably needed to cut back on the s-rations...

"Permission to speak freely. We're just wiling away what they called skittering seconds back in my day-the time right before the mission begins. Easy to 'psyche yourself out' (as you kids say these days), but don't worry-everyone is a bit nervous. That's just your mind telling you to be awake and alert." She says, giving a mini-speech. She hadn't quite meant to, but it wasn't so much different than telling her own children not to squirm and fidget when she was taking them to the barber.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2015, 03:06:42 pm »

Marya nods.
"Indeed. There's a reason mech piloting is one of the safest jobs you can have in the army. After all, it's not cheap to replace a mech pilot."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2015, 03:28:24 pm »

Tonya wasn't sure if she really illuminate the woman to reality yet-her comment was harmless, but misleading. She gave her an odd look. She didn't want to make them finicky, but...well, they should know the stakes.

"Generally, yes. We might only suffered about 30% casualties in the core in the past years of the war-most of those MIA/POW, instead of killed....

This is a different kind of war, though. Back in the War of the Bells, I saw. I saw what happens when you invade someones homeland. It's not a gentlemanly contest over distant colonial holdings, or a afternoon skirmish over remote borderland. They might not let you limp off the field with your honor intact. Might be they put a plated-fist through your windshield instead. Or put a 60mm round through your engine-block, watch you burn up-or run, and then they open up with the guns. Get downed in enemy territory, what do you think the locals will do to you? Questions of honor and morality aside, we've come here as conquerors-smashing their cities, killing their sons and daughters, razing their crops, burning down their homes. The little people we step on? Not apt to be merciful when the giants are brought down to Terra...

I'm not trying to scare you with this. Just remember that this isn't a game."
Her tone was completely calm.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2015, 04:06:35 pm »

Trevor lowers the salute.
"Pleasure to meet you, ma'am."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2015, 04:09:38 pm »

She nods to Trevor. Had he really held his salute through the whole speech?

"Likewise." She answers. "From what I've read, you run a Harbringer, right? The one with painted spear on one end?"

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27