Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread [IN-BETWEEN MISSIONS]  (Read 18313 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2015, 12:25:01 pm »

Iris smiles.
"No problem. People say that a lot."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2015, 12:31:16 pm »

Lionan seems to be looking for something or someone specific as he examines the visible areas of the mechs.
"I wonder where they have Upshift.."
Black lives matter.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2015, 12:31:25 pm »

Trevor finishes training, resting his shirt around his neck, and going to the hanger to check out his mech.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2015, 12:32:51 pm »

"That what you call your mech?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2015, 12:36:23 pm »

"Um, yes. As a nickname."
He looks embarrassed.
"It's registered as Vulpes Minor, actually."
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2015, 12:37:28 pm »

"I think it's a cool name. You should've registered it as Upshift.

I'm going to see if I can find mine, actually. I call her Edelweiss."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2015, 12:40:11 pm »

"If we get the chance to, I'll be sure to change it.
Edelweiss? That's an interesting name, too."
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2015, 12:41:09 pm »

Iris shrugs, her smile growing.
"I named it after a flower that grew back where I came from. I thought that a beautiful mech should be named with a beautiful name.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2015, 12:44:31 pm »

"Well, you picked a great name, for sure. I'd like to see Edelweiss some time, if we're permitted to."
Black lives matter.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2015, 12:46:08 pm »

Trevor approaches his own mech, tapping his knuckle on the chassis.
"Nice... Better than the ones at training, at least."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2015, 01:02:42 pm »

Sergeant Tonya is in her 'office', adjacent the barracks-she decided to take a small unused maintenance shed, complete with government issue splintery desk, and wobbly chair. She's currently reviewing her personnel dossier with her feet up, wondering why they gave a fresh faced kid the rank of corporal in her squad. Apparently he hadn't even fired shot in anger yet, but he had apparently got good marks. Sure.

Tonya rubbed her forehead and blew out some air. What she wouldn't give for a can of doc-in-the-box...too old for this, sure. It hadn't been easy training herself back up. Six years as a civilian, and after having given birth to three children-did a number on her body, though she had never gone entirely to rust, like some. It had taken alot of effort to get back into shape, though. To stop drinking so much. Whiskey and soda were not conducive to proper soldiering, she think the book said. It was like trying to catch mud in a colander, though-she knew how much she gained back, it would eventually drain away...not half as fast as she had been, she knew that, and never would be again. Couldn't just rely on pure reflex, like she had once...had to think things through...her mind, at least, seemed intact.

But, it wasn't like her to brood on what she couldn't do anymore...

She continued her perusal. Had a decent mix of fresh faces and old hands. The name Jund stood out to her-one of the former Spiders. So did Mydoki, one of her old students. Only a girl, really. Tonya herself hadn't even been that young when she first piloted a mech...there was also Machinehead, whom she had requested personally. She knew Rumman. Everyone knew Rumman. He was a good man to have on your squad. Solid, dependable.

She supposed it was time to round everyone up and get to business. Tonya knew that to some of them she was a sort of legend, the more gullible ones, anyway...Tonya had been a sort of celebrity, and still was, to some. A hero, or something like it.

They had always made more of her then she had wanted. She was in truth just a short, seemingly non-threatening woman sliding comfortably into old age, with tired eyes and a bad left leg (courtesy of a grateful nation). Sharp eyes would note her graceful balance and superb poise, however-and the fact she wasn't quite as feeble, or non-threatening at a second glance. Her eyes were still a bright blue, cold in a way, but they could be charming if she tried-eyes the sort the fellas always commented her on, back when that had mattered

Tonya settled her restless hand on the desk. She knew they needed heroes, though. It led a certain dignity to the whole mad affair. And it was mad, no doubt about that. There was no reason for Terralba to be in this war...no reason at all...but, those thoughts she kept to herself. Naysayers were noted and remembered, and if she was here, the least she could do was hope to bring some people back home alive. Keep the war away from the homeland. It was mad to start, but now they had to win-there was no question of that, either.

It was an irony, she reflected, that as she had become a better soldier, she had realized the reasons she had been fighting for were less and less important.

She entered the barracks with conduct becoming a Terralban officer, quickstep in full uniform, polished buttons and all-her uniform was similar to Sean's, but her black coat was larger (and a nicer weave) reaching down to brush the floor-and she had a three tiered chevron peaked with a gear symbol on the left sleeve-signifying her rank in the mech corps. Instead of a peaked cap, she sported a black beret. Really, it was a bit hot for all that, but first rule in the core was that you only complained up the chain of command...not down.

"Corporal Hosier, front and center." She announced, her voice calm and steady.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:12:27 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2015, 01:16:28 pm »

"Well, you picked a great name, for sure. I'd like to see Edelweiss some time, if we're permitted to."
"I'd be happy to oblige."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2015, 01:22:41 pm »

Lionan grins.
"It's a date settled, then."
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2015, 01:23:43 pm »

She smiles back, before resuming her search for the Edelweiss.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2015, 01:32:15 pm »

Sean laughs.

"Fair enough, I suppose. First scrap inside a mecha, since I've had a few dummy runs outside them as a footslogger. I was being considered for elite infantry before ending up here."

'Elite infantry, huh? Well, color me impressed. I've never been anything but a mech pilot, myself. Heh.'

He scratched his clean-shaven chin. At least the kid sounded to have some skill, even if he was as green as Rumman's garden back home. He'd been afraid they'd go into battle led by a scared youth owing his position to family and wealth - exactly like himself, a long time ago.

'You've met Tonya already, right? When she says something, listen. Lady's nearly as old as I am, and I'm old as sin. She's seen everything the enemy can think to throw at us - so, you get to learn from one of the best.'

Rumman stopped himself before going further. These young officers could be so touchy when it came to being educated by their 'inferiors', and he didn't have a proper sense of the boy yet.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27