Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread [IN-BETWEEN MISSIONS]  (Read 18324 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread [MISSION 1 SUCCESS]
« Reply #330 on: March 13, 2015, 10:58:47 am »

Iris frowns at the argument, but resumes her tinkering with the console, muttering some technobabble to herself about how they work.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 13, 2015, 11:00:14 am »

Catherine was near her own mech, adding two small white silhouettes of the Stronsays she shot down just behind the front hatch, where it would be visible to anyone near the mech but not provide a convenient sniping mark.  She, like pretty much everyone else in half the hanger, couldn't help hearing the growing argument taking place over by the sergeant's mech, and she glanced up to see the sergeant storming off as the kid kept up the argument with the private.  "Discipline's going to the dogs, it seems," she murmured.  As Private Mccray's voice rose, self-righteous as only a child absolutely convinced she was right could be, she thought to herself, Just glad I'm not in Fire Team Beta.  She might have helped me line up the shot on Zebra, but she almost got herself killed in the process.   We'll see if the kid can kick her arse in gear, or if Beta is going to end the next mission a pilot short

That said, there was her own fire team to consider.  By some fluke, her own mech had taken no damage at all in spite of her position on the front lines, but Groundpounder was the only mech in Alpha that had come out with nary a scratch.  The worst-off of the lot was Excelsior, after Haedron had slightly misjudged the effective range of the enemy artillery, but he'd acquitted himself well after that miscalculation.  Perhaps a trifle over-enthusiastically, given the damage his mech had taken, but he'd come out in one piece.  They'd come out a bit battered, but definitely no worse for the wear.  Fire Team Alpha, it seemed, might work out just fine, and for the first time, she started to feel slightly better about being reassigned to the 25th. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:03:46 am by Culise »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 13, 2015, 04:36:23 pm »

Mydoki startled. She'd been sitting in her cockpit for... at least an hour since she got back. She was little unsure of how much time had passed. She had the notion she probably shouldn't let her doubts show. 

"H-hey, ma'am. I-I'm fine." She gained confidence as she spoke. She popped her head out the cockpit and waved down at her ex-instructor. "I was just checking all my controls and the like hadn't been knocked out of alignment or anything by the battle... and then I think I must have dozed off a little. Sorry, ma'am. But it's been a long day. Didn't mean to make you worry."

She smiled down at Tonya as if she believed it herself.
Broken regulations:
Lying to a superior officer
Loitering in a area of Mech maintainace and operation
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 13, 2015, 07:10:18 pm »

"I know you're wrong because I knocked over the black and white one. You're seeing things old man."
Tonya is in fact correct.

"Old man? I'm half your age, Private. Nevertheless, you machine sustained easily avoidable heavy damage, regardless of how much damage you dealt in return. You also completely ignored your squad and your commanding officer, which is unacceptable during battle. See to it you reflect on your mistakes before our next encounter, Private, or you may be facing harsher punishment than just stern talkings to."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 07:13:53 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 14, 2015, 08:49:10 am »

Mydoki startled. She'd been sitting in her cockpit for... at least an hour since she got back. She was little unsure of how much time had passed. She had the notion she probably shouldn't let her doubts show. 

"H-hey, ma'am. I-I'm fine." She gained confidence as she spoke. She popped her head out the cockpit and waved down at her ex-instructor. "I was just checking all my controls and the like hadn't been knocked out of alignment or anything by the battle... and then I think I must have dozed off a little. Sorry, ma'am. But it's been a long day. Didn't mean to make you worry."

Tonya sensed the girl was shaken, but these things were always difficult to untangle.

"It's my job to worry, Private. I may not be your instructor any more, Myo, but you can always talk to me if you need to, okay?" She insisted, feeling a bit motherly again.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 14, 2015, 05:58:56 pm »

"Calm down please, people. We have just been in a mech fight, and we need this time to do whatever it is we do to calm ourselves down or complete those little rituals. It is pure folly to use this time to argue."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 14, 2015, 06:51:45 pm »

"Sure, ma'am. I'll talk to you if I ever need to talk." She clambered out of the mech and made her way down the hulking machine. She offered a remarkably precise salute.
"We certainly gave them what for though today, Ma'am, even with the weird accented recruit breaking regulations."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 15, 2015, 12:20:00 pm »

Tonya nodded. In her own mind, victory was only sweet if she didn't have to lose any friends...

"That we did. You did well, Private-seems you remembered most of the things I taught you." She replied, smiling wryly. "Anyway, I suggest you hit the racks, and take some breathing room-like Corporal Hosier says, you can find your ritual. Use it to center yourself. Something just for you-a person gives so much, they need something just for them." She says, softly.

Personally, Tonya's own ritual was dart throwing (or knife throwing, or baseball throwing, or whatever she had at hand), along with a Highball-usually shots of whiskey and soda. Getting mildly snookered, practicing her aim-then stopping herself when she couldn't hit the bullseye any longer. It was a fun game, quite relaxing...and she had, long ago, once loved to play it with men she liked. Higher stakes...

Those days were long gone, of course.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 15, 2015, 01:15:23 pm »

Trevor takes off his shirt, rolling it up, and resting it on the nape of his neck. He slowly returns to the boxing room. His routine was already set, which was something odd for a recruit these days. Once he arrived, he began slowly getting to his rhythm.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 15, 2015, 01:18:36 pm »

Iris, meanwhile, is walking to the boxing room, working on the Edo console, and doesn't seem to have noticed where she has gone, being too engrossed in her work.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 15, 2015, 01:20:18 pm »

"You seem a... little lost, Iris."
Trevor doesn't exactly halt from his exercise.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 15, 2015, 01:23:08 pm »

Iris doesn't respond the first time, muttering mathematical equations to herself.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 15, 2015, 01:24:29 pm »

"YOU LOST?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 15, 2015, 01:27:42 pm »

Iris looks up, blinking.
"Oh. Hi, Trevor."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 15, 2015, 01:39:57 pm »

From Tonya's office, a steady series of wooden 'thunks' are heard against the wall. She otherwise keeps her door open for anyone who wishes to speak to her.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27