Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread [IN-BETWEEN MISSIONS]  (Read 18319 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread [MISSION 1] [ENJOY YOUR TURN]
« Reply #255 on: February 25, 2015, 06:15:23 pm »

"I thought we were already doing that? Don't go loopy on me now, boy. We're gonna give her as much supporting fire as we can. That's ALL we can do." Tonya said, pausing to take a leisurely drink of coffee from her mug, which hadn't spilled a drop, despite her earlier evasive maneuvers.

Ah, cupholders. Truly the the greatest innovation for mechawarriors.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:17:49 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 25, 2015, 06:17:35 pm »

"Exactly. The best way to help without fucking Dragan over is to get rid of the enemies."
Black lives matter.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2015, 06:19:06 pm »

"Not necessarily the way I'd put it, but yeah. Unfortunately my Mech took a beating , so it's too risky to use my Fixed Heavy Gun."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 25, 2015, 06:22:36 pm »

She took on a teaching, patient tone.

"Rookie, do you sense this conversation is sort of circular?

I know you're angry-people are trying to kill you. You're excited, and a bit scared to still be alive. Your heart rate is pumping. Getting shot at does that to you. You just watched maybe two people die. Now, you don't wanna see one of yours get taken down. Stay calm and frosty. We'll get Dragan out of this, but only if we keep our heads-and realize that she's lost hers. We can only do our jobs, Vulpes. You hear me?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 25, 2015, 06:25:54 pm »

"I'm still on the channel you know. Asshole."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 25, 2015, 06:26:06 pm »

Lionan takes a moment to respond. He does so in a much calmer voice.
"I understand. I'm sorry, I.. I have an issue with my temper. I'll keep it in check from now on."
Black lives matter.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2015, 06:32:47 pm »

Lacie hesitated for a moment, unsure if she should follow her companion into close range. As her orders came in though she nodded,
"Understood Ma'am"

Freedom moved to J13 and fired her 60mm cannon at Stronsay 1
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2015, 06:33:57 pm »

"A little temper isn't a bad thing, Vulpes...we'll talk more later, so try not to make that statement ironic."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 26, 2015, 11:57:21 am »

Catherine, her radio safely muted, groaned slightly as she heard the chatter from the rest of the team.  Moving up, she took aim and opened fire on the mechs as they began to flee.  Anything that got away would only be brought back into service against them, after all. 

Move to H13, fire 60mm at Orange 1 if it's still up, or else Orange 2.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 27, 2015, 02:17:14 am »

Averus mutes his radio, and takes aim with the rockets. He decides that maybe they could talk about suicidal tactics later.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 27, 2015, 06:22:51 am »

'Yeah, yeah, this thing isn't as spry and young as you are, ma'am,' Rumman replied, rumbling onwards.

Move to J16.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 10, 2015, 09:41:24 am »

Bump Bump

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 10, 2015, 03:44:14 pm »

Final Turn
Most of the salvos and rounds fired fail to do any significant damage to the fleeing Edo mechs and artillery trucks as they leave the battleground, clearly outmatched and scattered without their leader. However, Red 2 and Orange 2 were hit and taken down in the chaos, both taken down by volleys of concentrated fire and in the latter's case, an angry mech-pilot's borderline suicidal manoeuvre. Orange 1 is also down due to equal amounts of salvos smashing into it.

As the remains of the destroyed mecha smoke and their pilots climb out, suing for mercy, a feeling washes over all of you, as if a great weight has lifted from you, whether you were a freshly minted soldier shoved into the cockpit or a hardened veteran, saltier than any other soldier around.

You have survived your first encounter with an enemy in a new war. That much is enough of a prize to begin with. Not all are so lucky.

But more than that, you are victorious.

The enemy has fled before you, their vehicles lying open for the plunder and their pilots kneeling for mercy in front of you. At that, one may pat themselves on the back.

Your radios beep into life as the Terralban officer above even Lieutenant Aurelio commands that you set camp to scavenge all the salvageable parts from the remaining mecha and capture all Edo pilots to ensure that they do not have the chance to take them back. Hence, you are to set temporary camp here until a team arrives to continue salvaging parts and retrieve the pilots.

You will likely return by evening to be debriefed and celebrate your first victory.

((Sorry for the lack of rolls, but I wanted to end this quickly so this thread didn't end up dying.))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 10, 2015, 03:55:49 pm »

Trevor parks his mech, sitting back in his seat.
"Good job, Iris."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 10, 2015, 03:59:32 pm »

Tonya pops out of the top of her mech and stretchs with a happy sigh. She climbs out and slides down the front landing on her feet. She walks towards the rest of the group.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27