Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread [IN-BETWEEN MISSIONS]  (Read 18297 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread [MISSION 1]
« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2015, 08:28:44 pm »

"Okay, okay. This is fine. An ambush? We're good. Stay calm, Lio. They're just a bunch of idiot, no-good BASTARDS WHO WOULDN'T KNOW FIGHTING FAIR IF IT KICKED THEM IN THE GODDAMN TEETH, but you can handle it."

"Vulpes Minor, ready for orders," he transmits.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 07:46:43 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 11, 2015, 09:00:16 pm »

As the enemy contacts raced out, Catherine frowned slightly.  Someone over there had screwed up by the numbers; they should have set off the ambush only after they had the 25th sucked too far in to retreat or prepare, and they shouldn't be wasting time with chatter or offers to surrender, not without an overwhelming and readily-apparent advantage in numbers that they didn't seem to have.  Still, there was no dishonor in taking advantage of an enemy obliging enough to give them time to prepare, and as the enemy commander blathered on, she checked her dials to confirm all status green and unsafed the firing triggers.  "Groundpounder, here.  All systems ready on your command, Sergeant."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2015, 09:07:40 pm »

"Dragan here, ready to engage the Eddys."

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2015, 10:04:11 pm »

"Excelsior here. All systems are go and I am pleased to say I am ready for battle." Averus says to his team.

To Edo: "Sorry, mate, but we ain't surrendering anything. Good luck and all that."

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 25th Mech Squad - IC Thread
« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2015, 10:10:18 pm »

((limegreen is my colour, you cheeky bastard :P))

"...Understood, ma'am, I'll... keep my distance."

((No, I'm lime green with green glow! :P))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2015, 01:26:41 am »

Iris runs through a basic check of her systems while she can.
"Edelweiss at the ready here, Sergeant."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 12, 2015, 06:16:41 am »

Lacie looked out across the field, feeling the slight nervousness that always came before a battle. She fidgeted slightly in her seat and took in a deep breath as her eyes finally rested on the enemy mechs.
"Ready for orders ma'am"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2015, 09:37:21 am »

Machinehead lumbered forward with a rumble and hissing of servos and churning engines. The bulky Hamkar handled, in Rumman's hands, around as graceful as an overweight rhino, but bristling with rockets it had to look intimidating. Rumman enjoyed the sense of his machine around him. They were gonna rain some hell down today.

He clicked open his comm, eyes scanning the battlefield. 'Ready. We've got a mouthy one,' he says. 'Ma'am, Corporal, if I may - we should hit them now. They're choked in between the river and the forest. We spread out and hit them before they can break out of there. I'd suggest taking the high ground, but the terrain seems like it's going to limit visibility. You think one of our scouts could get around the main force through the woods and take out those trucks?'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2015, 10:09:03 am »

Tonya's mind whirled. A pretty standard defensive bottleneck...

Machinehead lumbered forward with a rumble and hissing of servos and churning engines. The bulky Hamkar handled, in Rumman's hands, around as graceful as an overweight rhino, but bristling with rockets it had to look intimidating. Rumman enjoyed the sense of his machine around him. They were gonna rain some hell down today.

He clicked open his comm, eyes scanning the battlefield. 'Ready. We've got a mouthy one,' he says. 'Ma'am, Corporal, if I may - we should hit them now. They're choked in between the river and the forest. We spread out and hit them before they can break out of there. I'd suggest taking the high ground, but the terrain seems like it's going to limit visibility. You think one of our scouts could get around the main force through the woods and take out those trucks?'

Her radio responded to Rumman quickly.

"They'll tear us to shreds if we go right in there, Machinehead. We can easily outdance that artillery till we've dealt with the mechs, then they're lead ducks in a shooting gallery. We outweigh them, pound for pound, in Rolling Iron. We do need to move up, but careful-can't let them back us right off the battlefield. Have to be aggressive. Poke and prod till they charge us."

Her voice crackled on her own squads radios-she didn't bother sending a response to the enemy commander. Not really much point.

"Alright, this is Inkwell. We've got to draw them out-while avoiding that massed artillery fire. Those trucks can fire about 6 miles, or so, but they can't do it very fast-they need time to set up their guns. This is what they trained you to do. Remember to check your ranges, visual and console, before moving. Make a bad dance step and you're slagged.

Fireteam Alpha, move close to those houses by the bridge. You move in with them to support, Machinehead and Hierarch. We're going to pepper them until we draw them out-Freedom, Dragan and...fuck, Midoki, didn't you pick a callsign? Well, all of you form a fence in front of the artillery-hit and run if you can, but don't get caught too far out. Those Sraosha's are really damned slow!

Fireteam Beta, you hang back-head to the North-get ready for when they break toward us-we'll form the jaws of the bear and see if they step right into them. Try to stay out of range of those back-line mechs, but look for good defensive ground. Hit them if you can, but don't get caught out.

I'm heading across the river to set up a picket-I'll take my shots as I can, and fade back-the rest of you scouts, stay in the rear of your teams and use your sensors on their targets. Those 'Paliks can be tough to hit.

Too long, didn't listen? Everyone pick away at them as you can, but don't get caught napping by that artillery.

Let's do it."

Inkwell: 1, 0, -5

Spoiler: Fireteam Roster (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:51:08 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 12, 2015, 10:12:51 am »

Move 4,4,0

((So, move diagonally up and to the left.))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 12, 2015, 10:22:53 am »

Sitting in Squint, Karsten examined the situation, not particularly afraid; really, rather blithe.
"Actually if we have the terrain, why not take advantage of it? A force of a couple mechs firing from the forest, or perhaps even a larger force, would be quite protected."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 12, 2015, 10:29:25 am »

Neptune whirrs, going straight north (0, 6, 0)
"Neptune, moving out."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 11:13:28 am by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 12, 2015, 10:39:15 am »

Sitting in Squint, Karsten examined the situation, not particularly afraid; really, rather blithe.
"Actually if we have the terrain, why not take advantage of it? A force of a couple mechs firing from the forest, or perhaps even a larger force, would be quite protected."

She sends another broadcast.

"Tree's don't give you much cover against that amount of artillery fire-If Bravo can notch some spaces in the woods and hills, good. Terrain isn't worth spit if you're in a bad position, though-they'll hit us before we can get close to them-no way to dodge that much bracketed fire. Take your spots as you can, but don't go solo-we need to concentrate our fire."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 12, 2015, 10:48:23 am »

"Understood, ma'am.  Moving out."

Groundpounder: Move (0,0,-5)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.