Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gauntlet: Roll to Dodge  (Read 2085 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Gauntlet: Roll to Dodge
« on: February 07, 2015, 01:25:34 pm »

Reviving my first RTD. Let's see how this works. WIP

Greetings, Adventurer!

I have brought you here, for one purpose.
My apprentice has errored, and has been slain by his mistake.
He has gathered the runes of all the lands in my absence, and used them to summon the Ultimate Evil.
He planned to use the great beast to enslave the world, but It overpowered him, and it is now free.
In order to rule unchecked, it has spread and hid the runes across the land, to never be found.
I have found them however, but I cannot reach them, they've been cursed to ward off my being.
You heroes, however, are able to reach them, so my mission is simple.
Collect the 13 runes, summon the Ultimate Evil, and defeat him, so the world may not pay for our mistakes.
I bid you well.
Go Forth! And Claim Your Destiny!

Hello! Welcome to my rebooted RTD!

This game will play similarly to Demon's Souls and Megaman. There are 13 open-world areas, each based on one of the bosses. The rules will be your standard RTD, though I will find interesting ways to manipulate and change said rules. I will be following the rule of chunky salsa, so no health bars, only severed tendons. Well, without further ado, let's enter the Gauntlet.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 05:12:10 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Gauntlet: Roll to Dodge
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 01:26:15 pm »

Rules

CS:

Name:
Class:
Items:
Before You were Summoned: What happened before you were summoned randomly (To get an idea of your posting style.)

Spoiler: classes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player List: (click to show/hide)

Waitlist:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 05:57:20 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 02:52:53 pm »

Name: the Mage
Class: Warrior
Items: comatose identical twin brother named the Rogue, who is appropriately a Fool. A snazzy hat. Body lotion. Some rations, presumably. A loincloth, definitely.
Before You were Summoned: his identical twin brother Rogue was rendered comatose by an inopportune blow to the head performed by the Guerilla known as the Wanderer. This sent Mage into a homicidal rage where he picked his now-comatose identical twin brother the Rogue up and promptly beat the Wanderer to death with him. Or at least so he presumes - the Mage blacked out, as his rages tend to make him do, and the next thing he knows, he's here now. The rather extreme amount of blood and bits clearly identifiable as the Wanderer's by look, smell, sound and taste covering both him and the Rogue would serve to indicate that he probably finished the job.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 03:20:03 pm »

Name:
Iron Michael
Class:
Warrior
Items:
Massive two handed sword and a some loincloth
Backstory:
Michael is an arena fighter, and was getting changed after a fight when someone stole all his clothes so he grabbed his sword with one hand and chased after the clothes stealer while in his loincloth, that's when he got summoned. Also he is insanely stupid, can hardly speak coherently and is unnaturally aggressive to even the smallest insult, sometimes doesn't even have to be an insult.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:05:22 pm by Generally me »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 03:38:30 pm »

Thanks for the interest. I'll see if you want to change things when I finish.
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 04:02:31 pm »

Name: Cliffracer
Class: Guerilla
Items: A kukri machete, plain white shirt, cloth pants, leather shoes, a fistful of rocks.
Bio: After some rude gentleman slapped him in irons, the eternal dream of the Cliffracer, to fly in the skies so high, was no more. Now, Cliffracer is just a nuisance, an annoying dissident causing little trouble.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 04:09:26 pm »

I'd like to set up a system where the rules of RTD are the same, but the classes all mess with the rules in some way. Can't think of modifiers though, thoughts?
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 04:58:58 pm »

Name: Mike the pizza guy
Class: Fool
Items: Slice of pizza, pizza and ketchup stained white shirt, stained pants, dirty fork, bottle of ketchup.
Before You were Summoned: Eating a pizza on his couch messily while watching TV. He was just about to eat a slice of pizza when he was summoned.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 03:14:00 am »

CS:

Name: Averus Hünterman
Class: Wanderer
Items: Brown cloak, walking stick, plain clothes, knife, backpack, rations (do I have to specify how many days worth?) and .
Before You were Summoned: Averus was wandering the vast open areas of the world, learning of new cultures, creatures, and magics. He was sitting down to enjoy a view from a high cliff, when suddenly he was summoned randomly to somewhere new.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 03:57:39 am »

Name: Rothtono Cerronon
Class: Mage
Items: Wizard hat, wizard robes, wizard staff, wizard beard, wizard cheese
Before you were summoned: Rothtono was doing very important wizardy things. Like summoning cheese golems, and taming wobbegongs, and oppressing the nonmagical.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 05:55:56 am »

Name: Ozes Estzer
Class: Knight
Items: Full plate armour, a one-handed sword in the right hand and a massive spear in the left
Before You were Summoned: Slaying demons and heretics as a High Templar in the name of God!

Is it against the rules to stab my fellow teammates if I find them lacking in the eyes of God?

I'd like to set up a system where the rules of RTD are the same, but the classes all mess with the rules in some way. Can't think of modifiers though, thoughts?
Let's play a little and then see how it goes. As for modifiers, add +1 to Might actions for knights and +2 for warriors. Fools get -1 on every roll.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:18:16 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 06:15:53 am »

Is it against the rules to stab my fellow teammates if I find them lacking in the eyes of God?

It's more of a gentlemen's agreement at work there, I suspect - teamkilling under this agreement is grounds for summary conversion into rations, if I recall correctly.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 06:19:22 am »

It's more of a gentlemen's agreement at work there, I suspect - teamkilling under this agreement is grounds for summary conversion into rations, if I recall correctly.
Recall correctly from where?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2015, 06:27:27 am »

Recall correctly from where?

From my mental handbook of how not to be tosspot player and encourage similar behavior in others, of course. It's the Paladin Problem.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 06:28:28 am »

The Paladin Problem?
Pages: [1] 2