Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34

Author Topic: SOLDIER PLAYS POKEMON LEAF GREEN [FINISHED]  (Read 115977 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: SOLDIER PLAYS POKEMON LEAF GREEN
« Reply #225 on: February 04, 2016, 10:11:42 am »

Turning the hippies' weapon against them. Also it was picked since it sucks as a mon and people wanted to see it v:

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 04, 2016, 10:42:06 am »

Seeing Magneton in the lineup is good news, because there is no better pokemon.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 04, 2016, 12:39:13 pm »

Turning the hippies' weapon against them. Also it was picked since it sucks as a mon and people wanted to see it v:
I would love to see this. Are they sold at the game corner?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 04, 2016, 01:23:30 pm »

Only safari.

I can pick up a koffing in celadon tho.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 04, 2016, 01:38:49 pm »

Only safari.

I can pick up a koffing in celadon tho.
Huzzah! EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE! And of course, chemical warfare.

I'm excited to see Sgt. Pain evolve into the battle tank soldier wanted it to always be

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 04, 2016, 02:38:24 pm »

Okay, we should stick to the current plan :V
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 04, 2016, 05:47:36 pm »

Okay, we should stick to the current plan :V
I'm ok with this. We already have a grenadier, so voltorb/electrode is not needed.

I think I go into my nuzlocke mode where I keep forgetting I'm not playing gen 1 and forget that speed doesn't influence critical hits anymore...

Speaking of which, who's hyped for the re-release of the original games?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 04, 2016, 07:04:44 pm »

I'm...not so much hyped, to be honest. The first generation is great for nostalgia but pretty terrible mechanically. When you compare it to newer generations, that is. Back when the only gendered Pokemon were the Nidoran lines, when Special was a single stat, and Speed was even more of a godstat than it is now. Back when Fire Punch was based on Special while Hyper Beam was based on Attack. Back when Psychics were the undisputed kings and Dragons had only a single move (which always did consistent damage anyway and thus was unaffected by stats or STAB).

Face it, Gen1 was an unbalanced mess and absurdly glitchy. It has a fond place in my heart, but I'll only consider getting the remake if they have some easy way to transfer the pokemon caught in it to the newer generations.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 04, 2016, 07:40:15 pm »

Face it, Gen1 was an unbalanced mess and absurdly glitchy. It has a fond place in my heart, but I'll only consider getting the remake if they have some easy way to transfer the pokemon caught in it to the newer generations.
I fund that absurdly glitchy parts very fun though. And I don't know anything about that yet, but I'm hoping you can since you can trade between games with the re-releases.

And hyper beam remained a physical attack until Gen IV, so even with Soldier here, its still a physical attack. Same with the punch attacks too sadly, making poor hitmonchan one of the most useless pokemon ever. Even farfetch'd was better, and I remember using that duck to destroy Erika. Psychics are still kind of ridiculous, but they have dark types to deal with it.

... And then they added a move that lets psychic types hit dark types, which sucks unless you're using umbreon. It may not be super effective, but damn, that special attack stat is nasty...

And considering dragons got the nerf hammer with the fairy type release, it seems now that the best type is steel.

And if anything, I can see this re-release bringing an appreciation for the original games for the next generation of players. Yes, its a broken mess, but its a broken mess that is still a classic. It was also the most challenging of the games, which was great

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 04, 2016, 08:20:59 pm »

I thought it was because Exeggutor learns Egg Bomb, implying it uses its heads as grenades. It's the Demoman.

Not sure if it's easy, but it might be possible. I'm basing this off the fact that Roserade, Roselia's evolution that was introduced in Gen IV along with its baby Budew, is the only twice-evolved Pokemon that's legitimately(no hacks or glitches) obtainable at Level 1. This is due to the fact that in Gen III when Roselia was introduced, it had no evolutionary relatives, so you could breed it, then transfer it to D/P/P/HG/SS and use a Shiny Stone to evolve it to Roserade.

I'm pretty sure there's methods to transfer forwards to Gens V and VI.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 04, 2016, 08:44:50 pm »

What I'm saying is that, whether the remake is downloaded or on a cartridge, it needs to have been modded in some way in order to trade with more modern pokemon games. Perhaps via that Pokemon bank app thingy. Otherwise it will only ever be able to trade with G/S/C cartridges at the latest, which can't be played on any device that a 3DS can connect to IIRC.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 04, 2016, 08:47:44 pm »

I mean for Red/Blue/Yellow/Green re-releases that are coming out. I don't know if they'll allow for transfer from gen 1 allllll the way to Gen VI. Pokebank seems to be the only viable option, but how do you do that with a downloaded game that's older than my sister? Again, they said trading and battling will be brought back, probably through wireless connections (so no link cable glitches for me :'( ) so it COULD be possible to have them link to the pokebank and such

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 04, 2016, 08:50:10 pm »

Oh, I didn't realize you meant the original R/B/Y. My bad :-[.

Yeah, transfer forward past G/S/C is pretty much impossible. The data structure of those games is for the most part completely incompatible.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 04, 2016, 11:13:34 pm »

Oh, I didn't realize you meant the original R/B/Y. My bad :-[.

Yeah, transfer forward past G/S/C is pretty much impossible. The data structure of those games is for the most part completely incompatible.
They did it with B2/W2, with some tweaks to the code that they could add (and they have to to allow wireless connectivity with trade and battles) they could do a pokebank thing. It would be one way though

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2016, 08:44:54 am »

Egg Bomb yes :v

Btw if anyone finds an Emerald hack that has the physical/special split for attacks I'd use it. I don't think I'll use the 3DS games because story reasons and money.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34