Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: So, Radio Shack Filed for Bankruptcy - It Was Inevitable  (Read 4332 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: So, Radio Shack Filed for Bankruptcy - It Was Inevitable
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 08:50:12 pm »

How much would it cost to get you to work at Comcast and/or the Government?
Probably about $15/hr, depending on what I'm doing. Not really all that much, in the grand scheme of things.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2015, 08:51:08 pm »

How much would it cost to get you to work at Comcast and/or the Government?
Probably about $15/hr, depending on what I'm doing. Not really all that much, in the grand scheme of things.

How long does it take the curse to trigger, on average?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 08:52:02 pm »

Given that three of my former employers have now closed/filed bankruptcy and impending closing is happening, uh...mean, median or mode? :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2015, 09:02:02 pm »

Look, the government fails a lot as it is. If MZ works for them we're going to go full cyber-anarchy before the next election.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 09:24:18 pm »

But then I ca-...wait...I'll be eligible to be president in 2020...hmm...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2015, 09:31:26 pm »

But then I ca-...wait...I'll be eligible to be president in 2020...hmm...

Go to the nearest large city and make a few speeches.  See if you can get the news to report on you a couple times.  Would be worth it to see what happens, at least.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2015, 12:50:49 am »

Look, the government fails a lot as it is. If MZ works for them we're going to go full cyber-anarchy before the next election.

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine with this.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2015, 04:34:51 am »

We have a store in Australia that I presume is similar called "Dick Smith". I haven't gone there for years either because they don't stock the more specific electronics that I tend to be searching for. You know, things like 6-pin to USB or large headphone jack to small converter.

Since it's easier to get those things online, I feel they're going to go out of business in a similar way due to being irrelevant. They do stock remote controlled cars and TV screens but those are already covered by the likes of JB Hifi.

Well you could say that JB Hifi is going to go out of business for the same reason ... or any of the myriad retailers in Australia that carry the things that they all do.

None of those reasons are specific to Dick Smiths. They mostly do computers, laptops, tablets, printers actually now, those are the kinds of things you can't get at a JB Hifi. Well you could say "pfft, lots of shops sell computers, so Dick Smith will still go out of business" but that's just being silly. Dick Smiths are a national chain of electronics stores, owned by the 2nd biggest retailer in the country (Woolworths), with strong leadership and they respond fast to changes in the market. They're certainly going to outlast most "mom and pop" independent computer stores. Plus they have a techicians branch who do installation and wiring on networks, pcs, home entertainment and telecommunications gear. This is something that their competitors don't do.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:03:37 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 2 [3]