Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: 25th Mech Squad - OOC Thread  (Read 24938 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: 25th Mech Squad - OOC Thread
« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2015, 10:23:29 am »

So wait.
X movement is up or down, Y movement is diagonally left, and Z is diagonally right?
Black lives matter.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2015, 10:32:45 am »

Is it possible/how many movement points does it cost to cross a river tile?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 12, 2015, 10:33:31 am »

Yes, It costs four.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 12, 2015, 10:36:01 am »

Here's an example for movement. It only shows the vectors for moving to the hexes around your starting point, but you can add them together to get to where you want to go. So you have up-left and down-right, straight up and down, and finally up-right and down-left. Is this helpful to everyone?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 12, 2015, 10:37:22 am »

How much damage and defense do we have, with stats factored in? It'd be very useful to have something like the enemy stats section for the players

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 12, 2015, 10:45:09 am »

Actually, very much so.  Due to the initial description, I had negative signs reversed in my head, so any movement orders I would have given would have been completely reversed without that guide.  I still wonder if a coordinate system as in SFB might not be a bit easier (both for allowing more complicated move orders that aren't in line vectors, and also to reduce the chances of players giving move orders to the same tile), but I think that'll work well enough.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 12, 2015, 10:48:02 am »

@USEC: Well, I think I got it, and edited my post. Bit confusing if I'm trying to avoid blocking/slowing terrain-I hope you take this into account and no 'lol you whoopsy into river'.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 12, 2015, 10:54:53 am »

How much damage and defense do we have, with stats factored in? It'd be very useful to have something like the enemy stats section for the players

I'll edit them into the turn post in a bit.

I still wonder if a coordinate system as in SFB might not be a bit easier (both for allowing more complicated move orders that aren't in line vectors, and also to reduce the chances of players giving move orders to the same tile), but I think that'll work well enough.

A coordinate system would work and it would be easy to add, but I don't like how cluttered and ugly the maps look like with it. Unless you're referring to something else.

"I'm on it, commander."
Vulpes Minor moves (-6,0,0.)

I hope that's a typo, because that order moves Vulpes Minor in the opposite direction as the enemy. :P

EDIT:
@USEC: Well, I think I got it, and edited my post. Bit confusing if I'm trying to avoid blocking/slowing terrain-I hope you take this into account and no 'lol you whoopsy into river'.

Yeah, don't worry. I'm not that mean of a GM.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 11:02:12 am by USEC_OFFICER »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 12, 2015, 10:56:00 am »

I messed up the thing. :(
Black lives matter.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 12, 2015, 11:05:09 am »

A coordinate system would work and it would be easy to add, but I don't like how cluttered and ugly the maps look like with it. Unless you're referring to something else.
No, we're probably referring to the same thing.  I'm not sure how cluttered and ugly it looks, though; the SFB method of putting coordinates in each tile probably would be, but I was thinking something a bit like the FEF games, modified for a hex map.  The biggest issue is determining row, though; that takes a bit of practice, and it's the reason SFB puts coordinates in each tile.  Maybe something like this; a bit tacky, but I threw it together in something like a few seconds. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 12, 2015, 11:06:30 am »

Hope I did mine right.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 12, 2015, 12:01:19 pm »

We're going to pepper them until we draw them out-Freedom, Dragan and...fuck, Midoki, didn't you pick a callsign? Well, all of you form a fence in front of the artillery-hit and run if you can, but don't get caught too far out.

I was wondering why I couldn't remember the callsign for my mech.
It didn't have one.
Woops, missed that.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2015, 12:54:33 pm »

I was wondering why I couldn't remember the callsign for my mech.
It didn't have one.
Woops, missed that.

Midoki never fails to disappoint!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 12, 2015, 03:43:42 pm »

Well, if I get a chance, I'd love to join this. Having a bit of trouble with my character concept, though. He can technically see, but in most cases wouldn't bother opening his eyes, since my view of him has ragged irises, which would really screw with normal sight. Haven't decided what caused the eye trouble yet, though.

Got a bit rambly, but I guess I'm trying to ask how the waitlist works and how long it would likely take to get in. I'll post a character application if it  isn't too bad.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 12, 2015, 03:50:53 pm »

Well, given that our game is quite dangerous (I fully expect multiple people to miss my strategy post and blunder stupidly into the range of 12xartillery and multiple mechs with repeater cannons ), it's likely there's a waiting list somewhere...GM hasn't really said anything about it, tho, that I know of.

As for the other stuff, we are in a sort of future setting, tho our nations are pretty underdeveloped apparently. Could be he relies on some expensive, powerful, not understood at all technology imported from the cultured lands to see properly?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25