Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Knights of the Neutral Republic - UNDEAD LP: Recap Episode  (Read 94051 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Neutral Republic - Part 24: Sticking it to the Man
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2015, 04:43:34 am »

Random thought: Can the PC become a decent ranged build? Maybe you could spam saber-throw, using that spell power that augments your speed to kite melee opponents.
Yes, but you want actual ranged weapons.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 16, 2015, 11:03:16 am »

Random thought: Can the PC become a decent ranged build? Maybe you could spam saber-throw, using that spell power that augments your speed to kite melee opponents.
Does it drain FP too quickly?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 03:49:31 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 16, 2015, 11:18:55 am »

Does it drain FP to quickly?
The only force powers that require lightsabers are throw lightsaber and deflection. And maybe not even the latter. It doesn't drain more or less than using melee weapons or even going unarmed, I think. Armour also doesn't change FP consumption, but it locks you out of most powers (but not throw lightsaber!)
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 16, 2015, 01:14:23 pm »

If I recall, in KOTOR II, Deflection specifically does not use a lightsaber, it's gives you a chance to block blaster fire with your hand(like Vader does in Empire Strikes Back), but I think using a lightsaber gives you a better chance. I forget what it does in KOTOR I.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2015, 12:20:16 am »

If I recall, in KOTOR II, Deflection specifically does not use a lightsaber, it's gives you a chance to block blaster fire with your hand(like Vader does in Empire Strikes Back), but I think using a lightsaber gives you a better chance. I forget what it does in KOTOR I.
Very much this.
Its basically the "I want to deflect blaster bolts but I don't get a lightsaber until after Telos so I'll just take this and do it DBZ style" power.
Also the second level gives a bonus to deflection rolls so if for some reason you're REALLY afraid of blasters you can grab that and then Prestige into a Jedi Weapon Master and get even more deflection bonuses as a prestige ability and then modify your saber to be really good at deflecting bolts and use a bolt deflection style and then instantly die to anyone not dumb enough to use fucking worthless blasters.

Did I mention I get surprisingly into min/maxing in the second one? I think I've spent more time making builds then I have actually playing :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2015, 02:13:39 pm »

Did I mention I get surprisingly into min/maxing in the second one? I think I've spent more time making builds then I have actually playing :P
The second game lends itself more to powergaming thanks to the crafting.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2015, 09:48:05 pm »

The second game lends itself more to powergaming thanks to the crafting.
Oh it most certainly does. If it weren't for the missing content throwing off the level scaling I would have loved abusing things like Malak's Armor and such.

I think my favorite build is the one that starts with absurd endurance and crafts a "Immunity Implant" early on, which gives you immunity to poison, critical hits and a buttload of other things. Combine with that one underarmor thing that makes you immune to stat damage and suddenly you can ONLY be affected by direct damage.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2015, 08:59:24 pm »

Ok, guys, I was watching the recent Cinemasins videos on the Star Wars movies, and I've come up with a theory. It only contains spoilers for episodes 1-3 (NOT 7), but they're spoilers nonetheless, so I'm putting them in a spoiler:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2015, 05:33:27 am »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2015, 01:15:44 pm »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2015, 05:27:14 am »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2015, 01:28:31 pm »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2015, 01:38:36 pm »

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 30, 2015, 04:26:11 pm »

Expect an update either later today or sometime tomorrow. I want to get one last update out this year. Not a lot of action in it either way. A lot of fur in it, though.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Neutral Republic - Part 25: Growling Simulator 2015
« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2015, 06:27:39 pm »

It may be 2016 in many places, but it's not here yet!

Spoiler: Fursona (click to show/hide)

Maybe I'll actually finish this LP next year.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 06:29:15 pm by Teneb »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16