Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Knights of the Neutral Republic - UNDEAD LP: Recap Episode  (Read 94061 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Old Republic (Neutral Challenge) - Part 13: Dreaded Ettin
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2015, 04:46:48 pm »

Loving the avatar, Teneb.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2015, 05:20:31 pm »

Well, T-3 is pretty much just a skill monkey in the first game, but in the second game he is a combat god, for two reasons, both of them equipment that he can use. The first is his shock arm. It does a d6 of damage per level, capping at sixty, which is a lot, considering that by the end of the game, your jedi are only doing around 18 damage per stike (although they make around 4 attacks a turn), and half of those attacks miss. The thing that makes the shock arm so powerful is that it doesn't miss. It also has infinite uses, has decent range, and can be used every turn (you have to manually make T-3 use it though, because this AI thinks that it has limited ammo). The second part is a quest reward for a really easy quest from a shop keeper. It is a prototype shield that has infinite charges, and protects against most of the ranged damage types in the game. With a high enough repair or computer skill, you can also upgrade T-3's stats (I think it only upgrades his skill-monkey ones, though). The equipment might be able to be given to HK, but I'm pretty sure it can't. The only real downside with T-3 is that he can't be buffed and healed by most of your force powers, but I'd still use him over a third Jedi.
While I knew T3 in 2 was good, I was not aware it was that good. There is a better skill/crafting monkey in 2 though (at least in my opinion): Bao-Dur. But that game is still about... 5 planets(?) away, not counting Taris. So T3 is on bench duty unless I absolutely need to pass a repair/computer check.
Personally, I use the PC as a skill monkey, because some stuff can only be done with him. For instance, I think HK can only be repaired in this game with the PC, and T-3 can only be upgraded by the PC in the second game. I'm assuming that you're training repair and computers to get his full story.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2015, 09:55:41 am »

Well, T-3 is pretty much just a skill monkey in the first game, but in the second game he is a combat god, for two reasons, both of them equipment that he can use. The first is his shock arm. It does a d6 of damage per level, capping at sixty, which is a lot, considering that by the end of the game, your jedi are only doing around 18 damage per stike (although they make around 4 attacks a turn), and half of those attacks miss. The thing that makes the shock arm so powerful is that it doesn't miss. It also has infinite uses, has decent range, and can be used every turn (you have to manually make T-3 use it though, because this AI thinks that it has limited ammo). The second part is a quest reward for a really easy quest from a shop keeper. It is a prototype shield that has infinite charges, and protects against most of the ranged damage types in the game. With a high enough repair or computer skill, you can also upgrade T-3's stats (I think it only upgrades his skill-monkey ones, though). The equipment might be able to be given to HK, but I'm pretty sure it can't. The only real downside with T-3 is that he can't be buffed and healed by most of your force powers, but I'd still use him over a third Jedi.
While I knew T3 in 2 was good, I was not aware it was that good. There is a better skill/crafting monkey in 2 though (at least in my opinion): Bao-Dur. But that game is still about... 5 planets(?) away, not counting Taris. So T3 is on bench duty unless I absolutely need to pass a repair/computer check.
Personally, I use the PC as a skill monkey, because some stuff can only be done with him. For instance, I think HK can only be repaired in this game with the PC, and T-3 can only be upgraded by the PC in the second game. I'm assuming that you're training repair and computers to get his full story.
I am, but not for that. It's just so I can take whatever companions I want.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Old Republic (Neutral Challenge) - Part 12: Party
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2015, 11:29:49 am »

There's a reason that some people leave the main character at level one until they can take jedi levels (it's not a spoiler if everyone knew it was coming, right?).

Level two. You cannot leave the bridge of the Endar Spire until you level up - the game won't let you. Never mind that the ship is about to explode, Trask, but I do care about my future character development.

The traitorous clones took them by surprise and/or used shotguns. Many of them waited until their jedi were exhausted and out of mana force points and/or were in bacta tanks or something and/or were carrying remotely activated explosives to kill them. They planned this for a long time, and waited until the timing was near-perfect.

Yeah, in the situations where the clones didn't take them by surprise, they lost big. It took how many troopers to take down George Lucas' son? Hell, they had to send the entire 501st to deal with the Jedi Temple, with an exceptionally powerful Jedi(Vader) leading that particular charge.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Old Republic (Neutral Challenge) - Part 12: Party
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2015, 04:23:30 pm »

It took how many troopers to take down George Lucas' son?

And this had NOTHING to do with nepotism. Nothing at all.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2015, 05:56:13 pm »

PTW
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Old Republic (Neutral Challenge) - Part 14: Darth Jawbone
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2015, 07:11:02 pm »

Uploading the images for the update now, so expect it pretty soon. It may be the biggest yet, if nothing else in quantity of images. 88 in total not counting the portraits. I may end up editing it in this post if there are no replies until then.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:02:25 pm by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2015, 05:12:11 pm »

What happened to the slaves? Is even the most goody-goody, never-tell-me-the-odds PC forced to leave them behind, and not take them with him (or her)?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2015, 07:29:40 pm »

What happened to the slaves? Is even the most goody-goody, never-tell-me-the-odds PC forced to leave them behind, and not take them with him (or her)?
Pretty much. You just get no option at all for that.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2015, 08:24:18 pm »

You just get no option at all for that.
Or for hundreds of other things that seem like common sense additions.

Imagine what the game would be like if you could betray Canderous and tell Davik you had the codes etc.

Ah, tis unfortunate that Vidya has such limitations :(
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2015, 09:25:16 pm »

You just get no option at all for that.
Or for hundreds of other things that seem like common sense additions.

Imagine what the game would be like if you could betray Canderous and tell Davik you had the codes etc.

Ah, tis unfortunate that Vidya has such limitations :(
I think what would happen if we betrayed Canderous is that we'd get shot in the head by Canderous. After all, the main character has no mary sue powers and Canderous is Davik's right-hand man. Also, they'd all die under the Sith bombardment, because who else is going to man the cannon if not the hero? (KotOR 1 has a lot of parallels to the movies, especially the original trilogy. I actually don't like that too much, since they could've been so much more original (as shown in 2)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2015, 10:17:38 am »

So here we have established that Malak is not only Evil but stupid, since if you are trying to conquer the galaxy you don’t wipe out a highly populated planet, and (especially!) do not kill your own men.
And worse still, the bombardment was a complete and total failure, entirely missing the one person it intended to kill.

I’d like to apologize for the slight variation in screenshot sizes for the pre-rendered cutscenes. It is that way because I cannot take the screenshots in-game, as it runs the movies on a different program (with abysmal resolution) instead of in-engine. It also resists all and any attempts to actually register screenshots or recordings.

...And crashes almost constantly whenever I try to play. >:( Turning videos off occasionally helps, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2015, 03:31:43 pm »

So here we have established that Malak is not only Evil but stupid, since if you are trying to conquer the galaxy you don’t wipe out a highly populated planet, and (especially!) do not kill your own men.
And worse still, the bombardment was a complete and total failure, entirely missing the one person it intended to kill.

I’d like to apologize for the slight variation in screenshot sizes for the pre-rendered cutscenes. It is that way because I cannot take the screenshots in-game, as it runs the movies on a different program (with abysmal resolution) instead of in-engine. It also resists all and any attempts to actually register screenshots or recordings.

...And crashes almost constantly whenever I try to play. >:( Turning videos off occasionally helps, though.
The crashes can be fixed by tweaking the options. Unless, of course, you crash before getting to the menu, in which case you are out of luck. You need to turn off the soft shadows and frame buffer.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Neutral Republic - Part 15: Netdecking
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2015, 06:56:58 pm »

Update is out. Remember that you can click on most images to expand them.

Spoiler: Too many Jedi (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:13:22 pm by Teneb »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Neutral Republic - Part 15: Netdecking
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2015, 07:29:59 pm »

And yes, Vandar is from the same species as Yoda, though he doesn’t have the… unique syntax.
Thank God G*d the Force. ::)

Meet Malak’s jaw.

I always wondered how he lost that jaw. Maybe his master got tired of his mouth and bitch-slapped him with a lightsaber.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16