Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Insanity: Roll to Keep it Together  (Read 32298 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Insanity: Roll to Keep it Together
« Reply #375 on: July 01, 2015, 04:51:55 am »

"I just found out the truth behind the world. I'm not insane either."

STAN looks about cautiously - it wouldn't do to unravel reality before everyone was aware of it not being existent.

"What happened."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 01, 2015, 12:47:00 pm »

"What?"

Shake off all of this disgusting imagery of blood and cheese.
(1) Compelled, Jeremy reaches out and takes a slice of bloodcheese pizza. It tastes exactly how you'd expect, and turn bitter in his stomach. He awakens, laying on the floor, feeling just vile, with blood on his shirt, a corpse on his floor, an overturned table, an open door, and pizza dripping down his wall. He's pretty sure the howls and screams are in his head, and in addition to a secere nausea in his stomach, his chest burns really badly.

Search for a safe alley in which I shall hide.
(1) Ed turns to sneak away, but he is spotted by a third cop car cruising slowly down the road. the cop rolls down his window and shouts "You there!" as he pulls the cruiser over.

Go home.
(3) Annie goes home, only to find that she must have locked the door on the way out. Keys, keys, did she remember her keys? What's this little brown paper bundle in her purse?

Pursue the woman as stealthily as possible.
(4)She doesn't seem to notice you. She is up on a porch now, fumbling around in her purse and muttering something, probably the code phrases. She's probably handing off the Package now.

"What? No! They aren't changing color! They've always been like this!"
(2) Starn looks wildly around or a mirror within reach. He'd rush to the bathroom i he weren't buckled to the bed. Instead, he examines every inch of himself he can see. Nothing seems quite right. He can't even remember if the freckles on the back o his hand are where they used to be. he looks back at his roommate, who seems to have grown about six inches of beard since he last looked at him. it's hard to tell, though - it's hard to see him clearly for some reason.

STAN looks about cautiously - it wouldn't do to unravel reality before everyone was aware of it not being existent.
(2) STAN's roommate begins compulsively checking himself over, as much as he can while buckled to the bed. He seems solid enough, except, it's like he's solid in another reality. Or, maybe it's several realities. Whatever it is, it seems to be bleeding into this one - the walls are now definitely tan instead of beige. STAN reaches out impulsively to touch one, but it feels like everything is very far away.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 01, 2015, 12:54:35 pm »

See if I have a wound. If I do, use a first aid kit, and call the hospital and say I'm injured.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 01, 2015, 07:06:33 pm »

Wait until she is done, once she's delivered the package, approach her and tell I'm one of Us.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 02, 2015, 04:03:01 am »

"Hmm? What's this?"
Open the package.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 08, 2015, 08:27:08 pm »

Spoiler: Ryan Bonner (click to show/hide)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 09, 2015, 02:50:27 pm »

Is it too late to sign up? ( If so PTW )

blazing glory

« Reply #382 on: July 09, 2015, 02:52:50 pm »

Try to get out of the buckles to check myself more fully.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 09, 2015, 03:54:18 pm »

Eh, I seem to lose players fairly regularly, so welcome aboard.

Spoiler: Ryan Bonner (click to show/hide)
Could you explain this affliction more? He has a compulsion to ... try different things?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 15, 2015, 06:53:56 am »

Run away through tight alleys, where a car won't be able to follow me.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 17, 2015, 02:45:08 pm »

See if I have a wound. If I do, use a first aid kit, and call the hospital and say I'm injured.
(3)Jeremy looks down at his chest, peeling his shirt off to do so. A strange black stain, in the form of a long, thin line, runs down his chest. The skin doesn't seem broken, however. Something eels oily inside, but it is difficult to tell if that is more than merely reaction to seeing the stain.

"Hmm? What's this?"
Open the package.
(1)Annie pulls the package out, but fumbles it, dropping it on the porch. hen she goes to pick it up, she kicks it under the door. And then a shadow falls across her, and a voice says: "Don't be afraid. I know. I am one of you."

Wait until she is done, once she's delivered the package, approach her and tell I'm one of Us.
(4) THe lady drops the package and slides it under the door with her foot. As she turns, you take your cue, and approach stealthily. "Don't be afraid. I know. I am one of you."

Try to get out of the buckles to check myself more fully.
(6) Starn unbuckles and rushes to the bathroom mirror. His eyes are light blue, his nose is crooked, as if it had been broken at least twice, his eyebrows are bushy, and his hair is shaggy. Underneath these strange features, tarn recognizes himself, but it isn't really right.

Run away through tight alleys, where a car won't be able to follow me.
(1) Ed runs straight into a parked car, and bounces off. Goddammit. He is helped up by one of the police officers, while the other stands nearby. "Take it easy, buddy. Settle down. We have a few questions."

Ryan Bonner awakens in the darkness, and groggily wonders where he is. For a moment, he can't even remember who he is, but, as his head clears, it comes back naturally. The musty smell, and subtle noises of activity above remind him, too, of the basement cot he is currently renting rom a college acquaintance.

(make a character if you want :D I update fairly slowly,, but I plod along.)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 17, 2015, 03:00:26 pm »

See? You changed.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 17, 2015, 04:03:42 pm »

"No! Leave me alone!"
Run in the other GODDAMN direction.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 17, 2015, 07:55:35 pm »

Back away from the man.
"Who are you?"
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane