Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Insanity: Roll to Keep it Together  (Read 32975 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Insanity: Roll to Keep it Together
« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2015, 06:15:46 pm »

Bring the child back to their parents.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

blazing glory

« Reply #316 on: June 05, 2015, 06:23:46 am »

((Missed the update for some reason.))

Slowly come back to reality.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 06, 2015, 01:39:36 pm »

Try again.
(1)
"the service you have requested is not available at this time. Please await contact by the local authorities. Do not resist, and they will not be harmed. -beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep-"

Sit down and enjoy my pizza
(1) A pair of masked men burst into your apartment, knocking your table over as you leap to defend yourself. You note the pizza sliding gracefully down the wall, landing with an audible plop behind the overturned table as you grab up a folding chair to swing at the nearer attacker.

Excellent. Rest now. Don't dream.
(3) You close your eyes and settle back. You don't dream. You don't sleep, really. More like relax and doze. Your mind skitters fitfully over half formed concepts and vague notions, sapping much of the benefit from your attempt at rest.

Launch the pallet at the assailant. Aim for the torso. Rush into assailant immediately afterwards for an attack.
(1) He acts first, and as you swing your makeshift weapon, he rushes in, blocking your swing. The pallet slips from your grip and flies off to the side. You catch a glimpse of it, and another glimpse of a fist swinging right before it connects with your temple.

Bring the child back to their parents.
(4) After a pleasant lunch, you begin to grow a little weary, and seek to bid goodbye to your guest. Opening the door, you usher the child outside, and walk down the street with him, seeking his parents, or at least the spot where you met him. You get several blocks along, when the child lights up. "Playground!" he shouts, and runs off. you stand at the corner looking after the child in perplexity, seeing no parents nearby.

((Missed the update for some reason.))

Slowly come back to reality.
(6) As you slowly awaken from nothingness, you suddenly snap into full focus and sit up with a jolt, sleep paralysis notwithstanding. You are instantly focused, seeing everything in the room with a sharp clarity - too much clarity. every detail, from the ugly stain on the curtain, to the slightly unrhythmic breathing of your roommate, to the faint smell of strawberry scented shampoo underneath the layers of disinfectant, and the random beeps, whirrs, and clicks o hospital machinery. It is all clear, but none of it is familiar, and you have no reference from which to determine if everything is as it was, or as it should be.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 06, 2015, 03:07:36 pm »

They're onto me.
Run into my shed and construct as many explosive things as possible and place booby traps near the entrances to my house. Look for anyone shady to buy a gun off-of.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 06, 2015, 07:15:22 pm »

Struggle
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 06, 2015, 07:39:42 pm »

Follow through with my swing.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

blazing glory

« Reply #321 on: June 06, 2015, 07:53:24 pm »

Starn buries his face into his hands.

No..I can't be in this place...too different..

Attempt to mentally stabilize myself.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 07, 2015, 07:14:20 am »

Retrace your steps, to where you found the child.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 10, 2015, 10:16:53 pm »

They're onto me.
Run into my shed and construct as many explosive things as possible and place booby traps near the entrances to my house. Look for anyone shady to buy a gun off-of.
(4)Ed modifies some of his fireworks, stuffing them extra full of gunpowder. He then sets them in strategic places around the house, rigging ignition switches primed to go of when doors are open, windows raised, or certain objects moved. He then makes a few discrete phone calls, but the best he can get is an old hunting rifle a certain outdoorsman of his acquaintance might be willing to part with, If Ed can get out to his cabin to pick it up. Cash only, Of course.

Struggle
(6)Jack thrashes violently, striking out blindly in a panic. After a few moments of intense struggle the shadowy figure crashed back into a wall and slumps a moment before staggering up and dashing off. Jack crashes into the wall opposite. Winded, he shakes his head to get his bearings and watches the man fade from view.

Follow through with my swing.
(5) It's a good hit, and the man goes down like a sack of unconscious. Blood flies, and maybe a tooth. the other man now pulls out a knife and lunges.

Starn buries his face into his hands.

No..I can't be in this place...too different..

Attempt to mentally stabilize myself.
(2) Starn tries to focus and become calm, but every beep makes him twitch, and he keeps opening his eyes and looking at something in the room. Were those curtains that color before? Is the time on that clock right? Has it gone backward? Was that chair turned sideways before? what ARE those beeps all about? Starn begins shuddering, uncertain of anything.

Retrace your steps, to where you found the child.
(3)Annie walks back and forth down the block, but she keeps ending up near the playground, in a different place each time. It's confusing. She can't even see the child this last time. Or maybe that one with the other two is him?

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 10, 2015, 10:22:41 pm »

Calm myself down, and think.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 10, 2015, 10:24:08 pm »

See if the man left anything behind.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 11, 2015, 03:44:53 am »

Dodge to the side, grab his knife hand, and throw a hard right hook to his jaw.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 11, 2015, 03:50:47 am »

Argh. Unfortunate that rest not worked.

Try to rest a little more. If it doesn't work/when I feel more rested, open my eyes and see if that nurse or anyone is there.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

blazing glory

« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2015, 04:09:50 am »

Tune out the sounds and just stare at the wall in front of me.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 12, 2015, 02:31:39 pm »

Calm myself down, and think.
(4-1) Annie stops pacing, but her eyes constantly dart around, looking for the boy, or his parents. All she sees are various kids, and some occasional adults, who may or may not be relatives of the kids. She starts to see some of these people as possible threats. Is that guy taking pictures of those kids with his cell phone?

See if the man left anything behind.
(3) Jack looks around where the man was, but finds nothing significant. A couple loose rocks, a chunk of brick, and a rotten piece of wood. Oh, and a nickle!

Dodge to the side, grab his knife hand, and throw a hard right hook to his jaw.
(3 v. 6) Jeremy dodges and reaches for the knife, getting an ugly slash along his forearm for the effort. He swings wildly, but fails to connect. Blood begins to drip down his arm.

Argh. Unfortunate that rest not worked.

Try to rest a little more. If it doesn't work/when I feel more rested, open my eyes and see if that nurse or anyone is there.
(3-1)trying to rest only makes Stan restless. He pens his eyes, but all he sees is an unfamiliar form in the other bed, which had been tossing and turning, but is now rigidly frozen, staring at the wall with wide eyed intensity. The room seems to have gotten strangely still.

Tune out the sounds and just stare at the wall in front of me.
(6) Starn grips the bedrails, locks up, and stares at the wall until the rest of the room fades into grey. The sounds all blend together and he forcefully casts them from his consciousness.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27